Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Logitech Smart Control Remote (RF IR BT WIFI) $90

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2016 3:04 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes

[Best Buy] Logitech Smart Control Remote (RF IR BT WIFI) $90

Good deal on Logitech Smart control remote @ $89.99
The newer version called home control has better button layout but other vise not much difference
( Also on sale http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/log ... 14fafeen02 )
It is not back lit but battery (one coin) lasts for ever. Since it's RF remote to base control it doesn't need line of site. The base will blast strong IR signal to your device anywhere in the room or to attached blaster for any device hidden in the cabinets. It also supports Android and iOS remote control apps on phone or tablet.
You can connect to PC using Bluetooth but profiles allows only media remote buttons. If you are handy you can do some re-mapping to get full control though.
Purchased before for $74 but haven't seen it so cheap since

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/log ... 0c3b0een02

Product details: http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/produc...ontrol?crid=60

EDIT:

Asked over and over about PS4

You can control the PS4, but it does not power up the PS4, you need to use the console or ps4 controller.
123 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1275 posts
327 upvotes
Good price but I think there's a few more differences between this and the home control version besides the buttons on the remote. From what I've read, the home control can also control things like your nest, hue lights, and other "connected" devices which I dont think the smart control can due to limitations of the hub that it is shipped with (ie: this hub cannot send signals via wifi, only Bluetooth and IR)

Apparently Logitech was supposed to provide a firmware update for the hub that enables it to be used in the same manner as the home control hub (when using your smartphone as the remote as opposed to the physical one) but I don't think they ever did release the update...can anyone who has this from the last sale confirm if you're able to use this for smart home features when using your phone?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
kuzi wrote: Good price but I think there's a few more differences between this and the home control version besides the buttons on the remote. From what I've read, the home control can also control things like your nest, hue lights, and other "connected" devices which I dont think the smart control can due to limitations of the hub that it is shipped with (ie: this hub cannot send signals via wifi, only Bluetooth and IR)

Apparently Logitech was supposed to provide a firmware update for the hub that enables it to be used in the same manner as the home control hub (when using your smartphone as the remote as opposed to the physical one) but I don't think they ever did release the update...can anyone who has this from the last sale confirm if you're able to use this for smart home features when using your phone?
I believe there was firmware upgrade but don't have any smart home features to test.
I think the hub it self (hardware) is same for both remotes.
https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony- ... -p/1411470
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
I bought it from BB at the end of November for $79.95 but ended up returning it in favour of the Ultimate remote from Visions on Boxing Day. I just can't get past the lack of LED display. I want certain buttons to be there and don't want to have to remember which is which. I don't think using the app is as convenient as just having what you need on the remote itself.
Phils
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
Phils wrote: I bought it from BB at the end of November for $79.95 but ended up returning it in favour of the Ultimate remote from Visions on Boxing Day. I just can't get past the lack of LED display. I want certain buttons to be there and don't want to have to remember which is which. I don't think using the app is as convenient as just having what you need on the remote itself.
I was worried about the same about 2 years ago when I switched, took me about a month, and we replaced 2 LCD touch screen remotes with this. This thing is dropped over and over, battery wasn't yet replaced on any of them, so I guess different strokes for different folks :)
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
2008 posts
2044 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Exactly. Choose what works best for yourself.

For me this smart control is the best purchase I've made. Ever.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1495 posts
746 upvotes
London Area
It's a good price but keep in mind the remote will not send out IR. Only the hub will send out IR, the remote is RF. I was thinking of picking it up but decided against it as our TV is in one room and our components in another which poses a bit of a problem. Apparently the Ultimate Home hub and remote both send out IR.

The Harmony Ultimate Home is also on sale for $209.99 ($140 off) as well as the Harmony Ultimate One (no hub) is on for $149.99 ($100 off).
May 2, 2006
532 posts
92 upvotes
Boucherville
I was shopping for that yesterday and decided to pay 30$ more for the newest model (Home Control). It's also on sale at 30$ off.

One concern I have, how am I supposed to access some specific device functions with it? With my current 650, I can just switch to Device mode and browse the LCD menu.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
Jonstar1 wrote: It's a good price but keep in mind the remote will not send out IR. Only the hub will send out IR, the remote is RF. I was thinking of picking it up but decided against it as our TV is in one room and our components in another which poses a bit of a problem. Apparently the Ultimate Home hub and remote both send out IR.

The Harmony Ultimate Home is also on sale for $209.99 ($140 off) as well as the Harmony Ultimate One (no hub) is on for $149.99 ($100 off).
That is correct,
the main hub will cover large room with ease and you can extend blasters to other rooms if you are handy.
There is Two ports on the main hub for blasters.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
Shakkan wrote: I was shopping for that yesterday and decided to pay 30$ more for the newest model (Home Control). It's also on sale at 30$ off.

One concern I have, how am I supposed to access some specific device functions with it? With my current 650, I can just switch to Device mode and browse the LCD menu.
Only possible using the phone/tablet app
You can how ever assign any button from any device to the remote (two per one button, short and long press)
Nov 8, 2010
3 posts
2 upvotes
The Home version is identical to the smart control, except the extra buttons as mentioned before, same firmware same functions, you can programs any key on the smart control to control lights, thermostat, etc., but it might be worth for some people , the price difference for the extras keys.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
nfnx wrote: torn. need a remote for my smart features and this is the best deal but worried I'm going to regret not going bigger and better...
If you like functionality and hate putting remote back on charging base try it, you can always take it back :)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
love this remote and can confirm it works with phillips hue lights...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2005
6005 posts
186 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The home version was $98 at visions a month ago, would I be better suited to wait for that one?
So far I have the Nest and Augsut smart locks... just wondering how easy it is to use that without a screen.

also how easy to use is the phone app?

So many decisions :(

I do have the harmony 650 but looking to upgrade to a 1 stop shop that can control my NVIDIA Shield too :)
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
2045 posts
638 upvotes
BC
Its a very good Remote, for the price. The caveat is only 8 devices and 3 Activities plus three more in Long Press. Lack of back lighting in the dark was main problem and trying to remember presets of each button. Plus you can only go to Devices with Android and/or i phone, which defeats the purpose of having only one remote.
“The difference between humans and animals? Animals would never allow the dumbest ones to lead the pack.”
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
insync44 wrote: Its a very good Remote, for the price. The caveat is only 8 devices and 3 Activities plus three more in Long Press. Lack of back lighting in the dark was main problem and trying to remember presets of each button. Plus you can only go to Devices with Android and/or i phone, which defeats the purpose of having only one remote.
I found enough buttons on the remote that can be programed for individual device features while in activity.
It is rear that I need to use the app, can't even remember I had to use it to correct something.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
nfnx wrote: what do you mean you can only go to devices? can you clarify that? thanks for your help

also anyone have experience with nest?
Meaning that on the remote you get only buttons you program for that activity.
You just can't jump in to emulation mode for receiver or tv or projector to get all features using the remote, only app.

Let's say watching PJ activity uses PJ Screen receiver
You will have to program all buttons you like to use from those 3 devices for that activity on the remote.
Most of it will set up it self but if you like to change surround mode you have to figure out button that will toggle that mode. Or lights on/off once again you have to dedicated button to do that. I did not find this to be a problem.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2007
1275 posts
327 upvotes
lifeisfuneh wrote: I believe there was firmware upgrade but don't have any smart home features to test.
I think the hub it self (hardware) is same for both remotes.
https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Harmony- ... -p/1411470
markj wrote: love this remote and can confirm it works with phillips hue lights...
Thanks for the link...I was getting my information from this thread which says the hubs are different:

https://community.smartthings.com/t/har ... ce/10661/4

One other member confirmed that their smart control hub works with Philips hue..can anyone else confirm if it works with other smart devices and that you can access them while away from home?

If this is the case, then why Logitech would have 2 versions of the same thing and charge $40 more for 4 extra buttons is beyond me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)