Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

[marketplace] Xiaomi Mi M365 electric scooter - $549.88

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2019 4:52 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
astrotrain wrote: I read alot of material on the solid tires, many reported they cause other issues. The only suspension on the Mi scooter are the air filled tires, take that away the extra vibration causes more stress on the stem folding mechanism and the sodder joints on the battery deck. Many reported a decrease in range with the solids as well. I am going to stick with the air filled and maybe use green slime as a preventative. One thing I noticed these tires tend to leak easily, only 3 weeks since I filled them to 48 PSI, now down to 40, strange . .

I be interested how your extra battery mod goes, saw some vids of people doing them. Russians just luv this scooter, maybe becus of the sanctions on them by the West or proximity to China but the crazy Ivans are the king of Mods for this device, saw an old gent slap an extra batt mod right beneath the battery deck made out of wood. lol
yeah i have heard the same but for me personally i will be riding this thing 15-20km each way so i cant afford to have a flat tire, it'd be a LONG walk.., I did ride it this morning for the first time with the solid tires and i did notice it was a rougher ride, which i expected, but i mostly ride on smooth roads so i am hoping the vibration wont be too much of an issue.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
szostalo wrote: Since these are not allowed on streets, is the driver of the car that runs over one of these liable?
Asking for a friend.
yeah somehow i doubt it... people ride bicycles illegally (sidewalks, crosswalks, pathways with excessive speed, etc.) all the time and they're rarely if ever considered at fault (in a car vs them incident... them VS ped is easier to blame them) even though they should be many times.
Jun 1, 2002
580 posts
96 upvotes
T3rry wrote: its illegal most places, but the reality between law and enforcement is where you need to use your own personal judgement. I have ridden mine a lot in Calgary and i haven't had any issues, unless you're doing something stupid, dangerous, being disrespectful or something else to draw attention to yourself, the police wont bother you, they've got bigger fish to fry... enforcing some archaic rules because the government cant keep up with technology isn't high on their list.
T3rry, may I ask - when you ride yours, do you ride on the sidewalk or the street/road? Am also located in Calgary and am trying to figure out which would cause the least problems in terms of attracting the attention of enforcement.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21783 posts
4903 upvotes
Toronto
How likely is this to burn your house down like those hoverboards?
Aug 15, 2018
489 posts
850 upvotes
Vancouver
Piro21 wrote: How likely is this to burn your house down like those hoverboards?
Next to zero. I use this like 15KM every day, I'm at 2200 KM no issues, other than 3 tire changes so far. After the first one I put in a tubeless.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
Phantom wrote: T3rry, may I ask - when you ride yours, do you ride on the sidewalk or the street/road? Am also located in Calgary and am trying to figure out which would cause the least problems in terms of attracting the attention of enforcement.
a combination, basically i follow the rental rules, I've driven by cops a few times and it didn't seem to phase them... i'd be surprised if they even knew the rules for personal devices.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
Piro21 wrote: How likely is this to burn your house down like those hoverboards?
these use 18650 li-ion cells, they're much more stable then those hoverboards which typically use Lipo or LIFEpo4 pouch cells which react with oxygen to create a nice smoke show and sometimes a flame thrower if they're punctured or ruptured.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
2316 posts
1091 upvotes
Yeah, those hoverboards are more gimmicky, impractical. M365 type scooters are more functional but still fun to ride. Still preferred my electric motorcycle 120 volt doing 90 km/hr in PRC. In canada i be stuck with graduated licensing nonsense. .

Btw, Who uses their own air compressor for them tires?
Apr 10, 2009
838 posts
396 upvotes
Somewhere in markham
Does all M365 come with 2 spare tires ? Cuz mine did.
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6502 posts
2550 upvotes
Calgary
darkanson wrote: Does all M365 come with 2 spare tires ? Cuz mine did.
mine did as well, i think this is pretty solid proof that they know this is a problem.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
T3rry wrote: this has been posed a bunch of times, i bought mine on WOOT! and had it shipped to a US warehouse and drove down to get it, ended up being under $500 all in

Thanks for the heads-up.

woot-xiaomi-m365-electric-scooter-329-u ... v-2315803/

By the way, was the scooter brand new sealed from woot, any issues?
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2858 posts
3893 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
T3rry wrote: it was perfect, brand new with a spare set of tires.

Can't wait, looks like Xiaomi realized there were tire issues that they are including spare tires. I'm not sure if the original run included spares.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
2097 posts
319 upvotes
Toronto
heads up it's back at $549 again

I'm considering buying one as an alternative to biking to work and TTC (that requires bus and streetcar for a short stint as well). How do you folks who own one keep it from being stolen when running errands with it or for me, riding it to the gym after work for example? I can't see a good spot to lock it from the looks of it.

It's either this or getting a folding ebike that's more than double but then theft is a bigger issue there.
Jan 27, 2004
718 posts
81 upvotes
$499.99
SALE ends: January 2, 2020

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)