Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Microsoft Wireless Desktop 850 Optical Keyboard & Mouse Combo - $19

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1808 posts
1339 upvotes
Center of the univer…

[Best Buy] Microsoft Wireless Desktop 850 Optical Keyboard & Mouse Combo - $19

Got ok reviews so not a bad option for a back up wireless keyboard and mouse if someone needs it
20 replies
Member
User avatar
Jul 29, 2006
448 posts
602 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. I'll reserve one for pickup tomorrow.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 3, 2006
2874 posts
1192 upvotes
Love these for the office. Employees end up trashing equipment, and these are cheap enough to replace.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2712 posts
419 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know.
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3305 posts
3708 upvotes
GVRD
Likely another Microsoft peripheral close out.
I'll miss their participation in the accessories world.
Good deal.
Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2021
407 posts
1241 upvotes
RxMills wrote: Likely another Microsoft peripheral close out.
I'll miss their participation in the accessories world.
Good deal.
What do you mean by that? I love their accessories.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2005
6029 posts
1190 upvotes
RxMills wrote: Likely another Microsoft peripheral close out.
I'll miss their participation in the accessories world.
Good deal.
oh no. I love their Ergonomic keyboard. Bought it in 2009 and still using it today.
Jr. Member
Feb 25, 2012
127 posts
149 upvotes
CALGARY
I don’t like the Microsoft wireless keyboards. I much prefer Logitech for the simple reason that you can reprogram the dongle to work with other units.

We have anywhere from 20-30 workstations at work so inevitably a keyboard or mouse will die and it’s nice to be able to put pieces together when that happens instead of throwing everything out
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2012
1278 posts
1624 upvotes
GTA
Stock up for 3 sets. OP thanked.
Telus 30GB/$50 Winback;
PhoneBox (Rogers) 5G 12GB/$33 plan;
Fido $10 4GB LTE data/Month plan
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3305 posts
3708 upvotes
GVRD
thegame99 wrote: What do you mean by that? I love their accessories.
I don't saying anything negative about the product. A 'close out' is just concluding a product at a low close-out price to get rid of remaining inventory. That's all I was suggesting. I like their accessories too.
Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2021
407 posts
1241 upvotes
RxMills wrote: I don't saying anything negative about the product. A 'close out' is just concluding a product at a low close-out price to get rid of remaining inventory. That's all I was suggesting. I like their accessories too.
I know you weren't being negative, I just misreas yiur post. I thought that your post was implying Microsoft was getting out of the accessories business and that you had some kind of insider knowledge on that. Face Screaming In Fear
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 3, 2018
67 posts
58 upvotes
Thanks OP. Went the Amazon route as my local BestBuy was OOS.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3305 posts
3708 upvotes
GVRD
thegame99 wrote: I know you weren't being negative, I just misreas yiur post. I thought that your post was implying Microsoft was getting out of the accessories business and that you had some kind of insider knowledge on that.
Actually, I was indeed implying that. I read it in a tech journal about 3+ years ago. Not insider knowledge but google it in a range of news stories going back a few years. Microsoft specifically stated that. They've already wound down many Microsoft branded accessories. They're focused on cloud-computing. The only reason they lingered longer in the accessories world is that they recognized there was an advantage to seeing the Microsoft name while at a computer - especially in the business world.

They have launched new accessories since then, such as the latest edition of their USB web-cam. But products are fewer and strategic. Microsoft has been known to state a new direction and then reverse it. They once said they'd never come up with another Microsoft Phone, and yet the Surface Phone came out.

Microsoft accessories are/were of above average quality and durability. but the biggest advantage is that they'll be device-supported in the windows world for an extended period of time.

Just my 2c. But none of this matters.
This is a good pretty good deal, but it's not of course a high-end keyboard/mouse.

P.S. I'm typing on a keyboard now that is an exact (visual) copy of this keyboard, but with a very cheap brand. Many of the letters have rubbed off! Microsoft's standards are significantly better. I've dropped (and thrown) MS accessories and they just keep going.
Member
User avatar
Jul 21, 2021
407 posts
1241 upvotes
RxMills wrote: Actually, I was indeed implying that. I read it in a tech journal about 3+ years ago. Not insider knowledge but google it in a range of news stories going back a few years. Microsoft specifically stated that. They've already wound down many Microsoft branded accessories. They're focused on cloud-computing. The only reason they lingered longer in the accessories world is that they recognized there was an advantage to seeing the Microsoft name while at a computer - especially in the business world.

They have launched new accessories since then, such as the latest edition of their USB web-cam. But products are fewer and strategic. Microsoft has been known to state a new direction and then reverse it. They once said they'd never come up with another Microsoft Phone, and yet the Surface Phone came out.

Microsoft accessories are/were of above average quality and durability. but the biggest advantage is that they'll be device-supported in the windows world for an extended period of time.

Just my 2c. But none of this matters.
This is a good pretty good deal, but it's not of course a high-end keyboard/mouse.

P.S. I'm typing on a keyboard now that is an exact (visual) copy of this keyboard, but with a very cheap brand. Many of the letters have rubbed off! Microsoft's standards are significantly better. I've dropped (and thrown) MS accessories and they just keep going.
Thanks for the update. It makes sense now why they haven't been producing as many accessories as they were about a decade ago.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3305 posts
3708 upvotes
GVRD
Last day today.
Sold out online and in-stores at all Best Buys.

Amazon still has the $19 price for the FRENCH version only. They raised the price quickly to $29 for the English version.
Member
Dec 8, 2019
210 posts
348 upvotes
topher91 wrote: I don’t like the Microsoft wireless keyboards. I much prefer Logitech for the simple reason that you can reprogram the dongle to work with other units.

We have anywhere from 20-30 workstations at work so inevitably a keyboard or mouse will die and it’s nice to be able to put pieces together when that happens instead of throwing everything out
Watch out, some of the new revisions of their cheaper models don't use Unify and can't be reprogrammed anymore :/
Jr. Member
Aug 6, 2013
154 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
RxMills wrote: Last day today.
Sold out online and in-stores at all Best Buys.

Amazon still has the $19 price for the FRENCH version only. They raised the price quickly to $29 for the English version.
I was still able to order English version for 19.98
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
2512 posts
5568 upvotes
Vancouver
RxMills wrote: Last day today.
Sold out online and in-stores at all Best Buys.

Amazon still has the $19 price for the FRENCH version only. They raised the price quickly to $29 for the English version.
* It's still $19.98 for english and $44.61 for french

Top