Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy Mobile] [Best Buy] Pixel 3a $360 (Kooodo Tab M) +$200 GC

  • Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2019 7:54 pm
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
6708 posts
5513 upvotes
North York
lamboman wrote: Or you can get the Samsung A50 for:

$0 upfront + $360 (TAB Medium) - $200 GC Visa prepaid

at Wow mobile, and actually WOW has great deals now too for Fathers Day.
any chance they would match that from Koodo for free earbuds
or koodo with free earbuds match this offer from Wow? I'd do that
Sr. Member
Sep 14, 2008
730 posts
86 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this still the best way to do the Koodo deals?
-Sign up 35 activation fee
- get 200 GC that you can purchase a visa/MC prepaid
- cancel after a few days 360 tab + a few days service
- pray koodo or bestbuy doesn't claw back anything

= $250 or so taxes in?
Jr. Member
Mar 26, 2019
153 posts
45 upvotes
Eljoka wrote: Any chance I can get something from Best Buy if I bought my Pixel 3a 10 days ago and only got a 100$ GC?
Ask them, a price guarantee. I know they have that price protection.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2006
2011 posts
1383 upvotes
Montreal
Pretty good deal. I just logged into my Koodo account and I got $150 in bill credits making the price similar to the BestBuy offer without the hassle to deal with gift cards.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 12, 2004
3869 posts
355 upvotes
Toronto
Germack wrote: Pretty good deal. I just logged into my Koodo account and I got $150 in bill credits making the price similar to the BestBuy offer without the hassle to deal with gift cards.
Which option did you choose?
Newbie
Dec 14, 2018
51 posts
2 upvotes
just called in to ask for A50 + $200 GC with Koodo.

employee said new activation only and only $150 GC

Location: BC
Member
Jul 17, 2018
376 posts
327 upvotes
If anyone is wondering about battery life on the 3a, I am at 35% battery and 7 hours 9 minutes of screen on time. It's extremely good.
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 1, 2008
13584 posts
2915 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Did anyone manage to get the gift card on upgrades?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2757 posts
3277 upvotes
WM will only price match the price of the phone, not the gift card. I’ll see in an hour what the promo is at WM today
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 29, 2004
878 posts
170 upvotes
GTA
tropically wrote: just called in to ask for A50 + $200 GC with Koodo.

employee said new activation only and only $150 GC

Location: BC
The Mobile Shop is offering 200,000 PC Optimum Points ($200 value). Maybe you can ask Best Buy to price match TMS and give you extra $50 gift card.
Member
User avatar
Dec 12, 2010
298 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver
NavieM wrote: WM will only price match the price of the phone, not the gift card. I’ll see in an hour what the promo is at WM today
Would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Member
User avatar
Oct 12, 2015
268 posts
219 upvotes
Ottawa
FYI: Wowmobile does not carry P3a for Koodo, and TMS does not carry the P3a at all - I spoke to both on the phone.

Location: Ottawa
Jr. Member
Feb 8, 2017
184 posts
57 upvotes
Nucks wrote: Is this still the best way to do the Koodo deals?
-Sign up 35 activation fee
- get 200 GC that you can purchase a visa/MC prepaid
- cancel after a few days 360 tab + a few days service
- pray koodo or bestbuy doesn't claw back anything

= $250 or so taxes in?
I want to know this too. I did this about 4 years ago and can't believe it still works.
Member
May 17, 2006
497 posts
78 upvotes
sierravista wrote: I want to know this too. I did this about 4 years ago and can't believe it still works.
Me too. I've read many threads over the years about this, but first time I'm interested. Here's what the Koodo site says:

"Good to know
You'll need to wait for at least 90 days after purchase before you can pay off your Tab Balance."
Sr. Member
Oct 14, 2004
797 posts
163 upvotes
Victoria
Brrr wrote: Me too. I've read many threads over the years about this, but first time I'm interested. Here's what the Koodo site says:

"Good to know
You'll need to wait for at least 90 days after purchase before you can pay off your Tab Balance."
That statement refers to paying off your tab balance (and keeping the account/line). If you keep the account, it's true that you have to wait 90 days to payoff the tab (but why would you want to pay off what is essentially and interest free loan if you were keeping the account anyway).

However, if you immediately cancel (or port your number to another carrier - which is just another way to cancel), then you are automatically charged the remaining tab balance on your next bill. This is the way to go if you are simply looking to get a phone with the Koodo discount and gift card, and then cancel your Koodo account because you really don't want it.

Top