[Best Buy Mobile] Bestbuy mobile friends and family sale

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 8:01 pm
Jul 17, 2016
33 posts
17 upvotes
dealxtremeleecher wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 3:26 pm
Yeah I guess you guys are right. I'm getting greedy. I was comparing the offers I got to other listings.
How much were the other listing going for? You might get lucky if you try selling it through eBay and shipping to other countries. Although that’s extra hassle you might not want (shipping, paypal, ebay cut, waiting for the money to get to your account) vs selling locally. Other countries might pay for higher prices since it’s less expensive than local.

I mean, if you really want to sell at your preferred price, you just have to wait for that one person.
Oct 1, 2013
869 posts
836 upvotes
Bam25th wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 3:43 pm
How much were the other listing going for? You might get lucky if you try selling it through eBay and shipping to other countries. Although that’s extra hassle you might not want (shipping, paypal, ebay cut, waiting for the money to get to your account) vs selling locally. Other countries might pay for higher prices since it’s less expensive than local.

I mean, if you really want to sell at your preferred price, you just have to wait for that one person.
Average prices are for $600-650. On eBay it's a bit cheaper.
Jul 17, 2016
33 posts
17 upvotes
dealxtremeleecher wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 3:50 pm
Average prices are for $600-650. On eBay it's a bit cheaper.
Yeah, that’s close to x and xr prices in kijiji. Some new and some few months old.
At least it was better to post it a higher listing price than getting low balled by posting at an average price. If it was me even if I sell it at 400 to sell it quicker some people for sure will offer a lower price than what’s in the listing.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1444 posts
1520 upvotes
Halifax
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 3:22 pm
BB etc is giving away Iphone 8 for $20 upfront on a $50/month plan for 5 gb of data and unlimited talk and text?

She is a current Fido customer and Fido offered this.
I am a current Fido customer. I have that same offer of $50/month plan for 5 gb of data and unlimited talk and text. I was told by CS at TMS that the offer was loaded to my account and it would be available with them, or online. They then offered the A70 for 70 on small tab plus 250 pts, and other phones as well with larger incentive than Fido online. I wasnt interested in iphone8, but I am sure that those stores will almost always have a higher $$$ incentive on phones than Fido, but the plan is for that account and you can get it at any store.
May 20, 2008
36 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks, completed and cancelled no problem...we’ll c about blacklist (hope not) but not sure I’ll need to use Koodo again. Thanks so much!
Aug 21, 2011
259 posts
26 upvotes
jay-em wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 1:23 pm
Wrong.

You can do it multiple ways...

2) Go on seasonal hold for 3months, that way in this case BB reps get their commission, then can cancel the plan & not be blacklisted.
What does a seasonal hold entail? Can I still use the iphone on a different plan? Do they care?

I added this as another line on my account.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2009
1208 posts
419 upvotes
thecdbob wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 7:12 pm
What does a seasonal hold entail? Can I still use the iphone on a different plan? Do they care?

I added this as another line on my account.
They'll hold your account for $15/month, after 3months you can cancel.
Most do this on commission base kiosk like wowmobile, to give the reps their commission.
Also lessen the chance of being blacklisted.

Yah just pop in the sim you want on your shiny new iPhone & you're good to go.
Do they care, probably not.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6578 posts
3416 upvotes
Canada
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 3:22 pm
BB etc is giving away Iphone 8 for $20 upfront on a $50/month plan for 5 gb of data and unlimited talk and text?

She is a current Fido customer and Fido offered this.
If that $50 includes the monthly cost of the phone AND the 5gb plan, then it's a pretty good deal. Assuming you are ok with a 2 year commitment
Public Mobile, Koodo and Freedom Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3582 posts
2183 upvotes
Toronto and London
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 8:58 pm
If that $50 includes the monthly cost of the phone AND the 5gb plan, then it's a pretty good deal. Assuming you are ok with a 2 year commitment
Yeah that's right. $50/mth for 5 gigs and iPhone 8 on a small plan.

I checked TMS site and they only offered medium plans with a bunch of PCO points.
Aug 21, 2011
259 posts
26 upvotes
Does this deal end tomorrow, or does it end tuesday? I tried to get my father in on this, but he's a bit too daft to understand how deals work.
Sep 23, 2014
320 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto, ON
thecdbob wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 10:25 pm
Does this deal end tomorrow, or does it end tuesday? I tried to get my father in on this, but he's a bit too daft to understand how deals work.
It you can find stock...
Dec 23, 2016
140 posts
131 upvotes
j9a3s5
haven't bought a carrier phone is a while. do they still come locked with the carrier?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3227 posts
2237 upvotes
ReDiva wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 6:56 pm
haven't bought a carrier phone is a while. do they still come locked with the carrier?
No
Apr 29, 2013
55 posts
175 upvotes
Calgary
ReDiva wrote:
Aug 19th, 2019 6:56 pm
Nope, they've been carrier unlocked for a while now
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1171 posts
932 upvotes
HankLeTank wrote:
Aug 17th, 2019 1:32 am
It's actually gross how Koodo intends to treat thier current customers like second class citizens, no GC for upgrades? What a load of crap
It's pretty common place for banks/phone companies/internet providers/insurance providers (etc) to offer bonuses to earn NEW business, you as the customer have the choice to leave to another vendor that is offering a similar deal, and then switch back again in the following years to get a future deal that they are offering, but expecting companies that you are already with to hand out deals to their existing customer for what is clearly a 'new sign-up' offer, imagine people asking for sign-up offers every three months, getting a phone at a massive discount, selling it on kijiji (or similar), churn and turn ... #eyeroll