Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy Mobile

[BestBuy] Samsung S8 $0 on Koodo Tab Med + $200 GC

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 2:07 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2290 posts
1949 upvotes
Re: S9
nickctn wrote: If you were to buy it now, get it on tab large 0$ +480 tab and you get 100$ gift card.
I think this is still a respectable deal for the S9, but knowing that it was offered at $0 down on medium tab with $150 GC during Boxing week makes it hard to buy right now. Hoping that a similar deal will come out shortly, even if not as hot as the BD deal.
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
26 posts
32 upvotes
Does it hurt your credit score if you open an account with koodo and cancel it the next day? Even if you pay out your tab in full?
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Eyesman27 wrote: Does it hurt your credit score if you open an account with koodo and cancel it the next day? Even if you pay out your tab in full?
Yes. They do a hard credit check to see if you can even have a line. If you actually need the line, its probably not a big deal. If you are doing this to get phones to resell, then it will hurt.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2011
2541 posts
2315 upvotes
Pickering
Rogido wrote: Is this still in stock? It seems every phone on their website is OOS! lol
Churners. Word of mouth.
CTC employee
Sport Chek / Canadian Tire / Party City discount
Telus EPP $75/60GB/BYOD
Bell EPP $40/20GB + $40/50GB/BYOD
Banned
Dec 8, 2007
2666 posts
2359 upvotes
gmih7470 wrote: THERE IT IS! I thought it was obvious that I was using numbers you see on paper and not all included taxes, fees etc. We're not talking hundreds of dollars difference here. Add around 20 bucks and it's still well under $300 for a brand new S9. *. And NO wow mobile did NOT charge prepaid credit card fees. You're making a huge deal for like 20 bucks? *
You weren't "using numbers you see on paper", because you didn't even mention $150 GC and $210 isn't the cost of anything. If you were using numbers on paper, you would have simply said $360 for device, $150 GC and $35 activation fee. What was "obvious", is exactly what I said, that you subtracted the GC amount from the $360 to arrive at a $210 figure, but omitted that this was after you directly deducted the GC value and without accounting for tax.

I thought it was obvious the activation fee I was talking about was using the BB GC to purchase a CC.

I'm not making "a huge deal", just clarifying. You're the one making "a huge deal" about it. This is RFD, people care about "like $20 bucks". It is also more than $20 to those who don't consider a GC the same as cash. There's no harm in clarifying what the actual costs are. This is nothing new, people have posted clarification for how these costs are in prior threads all the time because some members post the way you do and it confuses others who want accurate numbers. I got 3 upvotes for my post so at least 3 people found it helpful.

Last edited by MrDisco on Mar 6th, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Sep 5, 2011
634 posts
146 upvotes
NL
damatick wrote: S9 is now $150 on the med tab

$150+360=$510

Not bad... buy now or wait for a better deal?
Wait until next weekend, Best Buy is having a friends and family event where I'm told deals will be similar to BD/BF
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2014
1691 posts
1029 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
theDuder wrote: Wait until next weekend, Best Buy is having a friends and family event where I'm told deals will be similar to BD/BF
Sorry sir, but does "next weekend" mean this coming weekend, or the one after that?
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Deal appears to be dead.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1243 posts
450 upvotes
billybrown wrote: it's the year of 9102 already, just forget that S8
TBH i have owned many flagship phones and my s8+ has held up incredibly well compared to others. With nearly 2 days battery life still killer fast and zero issues. The screen is gorgeous, I have no desire to upgrade to s10 just yet.
Dec 28, 2011
311 posts
73 upvotes
Was able to get s8 (200GC) - 0 down and on medium tab with 50$ plan. Will probably port it today to public.
Feb 11, 2016
28 posts
12 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Bad deal. On black Friday s9 was $0 on tab medium with $200 BB GC
Oct 24, 2009
433 posts
209 upvotes
North York
Prashix85 wrote: Was able to get s8 (200GC) - 0 down and on medium tab with 50$ plan. Will probably port it today to public.
jackydroid68 wrote: Bad deal. On black Friday s9 was $0 on tab medium with $200 BB GC
I didn’t qualify for tab large last weekend for the F&F promo on S9 and really need to replace my phone... this may not be the best deal but it’s good for me right now, thanks for posting.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
jackydroid68 wrote: Bad deal. On black Friday s9 was $0 on tab medium with $200 BB GC
Can I please borrow your time machine to go back and buy this? That would be swell.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)