[Best Buy Mobile] [Koodo] PXL 4 XL 360 medium tab 200 BB gift card + more
- Best Buy Mobile
There is nothing new about 360 upfront + tab medium for upgrade.
So why would I write about it?
1. BB does apply the trade-in credit for your existing crappy phone BEFORE tax ($50).
- so upfront balance before tax became 310 instead of 360. (360-50)
- the agent was very thorough; he checked the carrier, which is Koodo, and confirmed that the trade-in credit of $50 would be available indeed. (the phone needs to be able to turn on/off YMMV)
2. BB let you pay the upfront balance with your existing BB gift card.
- now, it is your existing gift card, not the one($200) that you are about to receive. Luckily, I already had some gift cards available, so I could pay the balance in full with BB gift card.
3. With the tab medium, there are a few options available in terms of the plans.
- IF YOU DO NOT ADD THE NEW LINE
a. you can either have $45 with 6gig or BB agent can call Koodo to grandfather your existing tab medium plan
b. you can have the currently market available plan ($45 with 2gig) with $10 off for 15 months
- IF YOU ADD THE NEW LINE / NEW ACTIVATION: you can get $10 off for 24 months WITH $45 with 6gig
I personally did not add any line and chose option b for extra $150 credit for next 15 months. (I actually downgraded myself from 4gig plan to 2gig plan)
Now, I sold my existing phone to BB trade-in program.
It was Pixel XL 2 and I got $230 BB gift card back.
Lastly, loyalty knocked off $175 from my existing tab ($150 for tab small upgrade)
So I paid 366.13 upfront with BB gift card.
The breakdown is as follows:
tab: 360 - 50 (crappy phone trade-in)
bb plan:13.99 (the one that you could keep it for 3 months that gives you case + screen; the official google fabric case alone is $50, so not bad)
case: 0.01 (I guess the agent needs to put some value)
protector: 0.01 (same thing)
After tax: 366.13
Now I got 200 BB gift card.
(I also got 230 for my pixel 2 XL and I will have $10 off for next 15 months. I also got $175 off from my current tab.)
The only catch is my data became 2 instead of 4, but hey, don't you think this is pretty good?