Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Monster S300 Waterproof Bluetooth Speakers $79.99 ($120 Off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2019 11:17 am
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
4 posts
6 upvotes
Kitchener, ON

[Best Buy] Monster S300 Waterproof Bluetooth Speakers $79.99 ($120 Off)

First post -
These speakers are $150 on the Monster website - https://www.monsterstore.com/collections/speakers
$190 at Staples - https://www.staples.ca/en/monster-12974 ... CA_1_20001

Speaker at CES 2018

Can't really find reviews online but they seem solid! Let me know what you think before I pull the trigger myself!

More Information
Bluetooth connectivity and NFC compatibility offers quick convenient pairing
4-speaker configuration with 2 full-range drivers and 2 passive bass radiator for sensational Pure Monster Sound
Durable, pro-grade design with IPX7 rating means this speaker is fully water-, weather-, and splash-proof for anywhere use
Provides 15+ hours of continuous playtime to keep the party going as long as you'd like
Speakerphone with echo cancellation
Utilizes USB direct connection for full digital audio performance
Includes carry strap for convenient transportation
Images
  • S300.PNG
9 replies
Apr 19, 2007
249 posts
59 upvotes
York
Last day for this. Any recommendations on this speaker & value?
Thanks OP for posting.
Jun 7, 2016
10 posts
2 upvotes
Thinking of getting one. Anyone has any experience with this speaker? Thanks.
Oct 26, 2003
46 posts
16 upvotes
Caledon
I’ve had one for about two weeks now, like you scoured the net for info on it.. not much other than the Best Buy blog and ces, for 79.00 it’s decent enough. Great build quality... overall I’d give it a 7.5/10 for being an excellent travel speaker, indoors, bedroom/boardroom etc quality sound, highs and mids excellent some bass not to much. Only a couple 2” drivers and a couple small passive radiators. So it does ok for its size, if you want bass get something with larger drivers and radiators.. It floats, it has a 1 year warranty not 5 as I’ve read online. Outdoors it at the beach if you just want background music going sure, nothing like an actual boom box type speaker/radio. Comparable to the UE2 I was on the fence but decided to keep it for 79.00. I would have taken it back if it was a $100+ purchase. Give it a full charge on first go, I believe the internal circuity brings the volume down at a certain threshold of battery and vol gets lower abit (my feeling) my Logitech did this. But anyways try it if not you got 14 days. At full volume only expect a few hours, at moderate volume or low expect 8 or so.. hope it helps anyone. Activating the multi function button on the speaker when paired to iOS device will call Siri, you can’t ask it to play Spotify as they don’t works together. Maybe able to call your songs from your internal iPod library or iTunes premium.
[OP]
Apr 6, 2015
4 posts
6 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
ravell wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 1:01 pm
I’ve had one for about two weeks now, like you scoured the net for info on it.. not much other than the Best Buy blog and ces, for 79.00 it’s decent enough. Great build quality... overall I’d give it a 7.5/10 for being an excellent travel speaker, indoors, bedroom/boardroom etc quality sound, highs and mids excellent some bass not to much. Only a couple 2” drivers and a couple small passive radiators. So it does ok for its size, if you want bass get something with larger drivers and radiators.. It floats, it has a 1 year warranty not 5 as I’ve read online. Outdoors it at the beach if you just want background music going sure, nothing like an actual boom box type speaker/radio. Comparable to the UE2 I was on the fence but decided to keep it for 79.00. I would have taken it back if it was a $100+ purchase. Give it a full charge on first go, I believe the internal circuity brings the volume down at a certain threshold of battery and vol gets lower abit (my feeling) my Logitech did this. But anyways try it if not you got 14 days. At full volume only expect a few hours, at moderate volume or low expect 8 or so.. hope it helps anyone. Activating the multi function button on the speaker when paired to iOS device will call Siri, you can’t ask it to play Spotify as they don’t works together. Maybe able to call your songs from your internal iPod library or iTunes premium.
Really appreciate your input, this is more insight than I could find online. Thank you!
Mar 1, 2016
132 posts
86 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
They're on for $79.99 at Visions as well

https://www.visions.ca/Catalogue/catego ... STRDYNRDBT
RFD Effect: Zoomer $36 4GB Unlimited Talk/Text Loyalty ➡ ThinkPad E570 i7-7500U $651.20 ➡ Seiko 5 Men's Automatic $56.33 ➡ Brother DCP-L2520DW Laser Printer $79.99 ➡ Walls Arctic Zone Cotton Duck Jacket $17.27 ➡ Black&Decker 20V Drill+Impact $37.25
Feb 4, 2015
353 posts
496 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Another one to consider is the Anker Soundcore Mini 2, currently on a fantastic sale at showcase for $25:
https://ca.shopatshowcase.com/collectio ... ore-mini-2

It doesn't float, but is still waterproof and is half the size. It has fewer speakers but is 1/3 the price, you can actually link a couple of these together for stereo sound but I doubt you will need to since the Soundcore is very well reviewed (check the reviews for the original version too) and nobody complains about audio quality.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
10935 posts
2497 upvotes
FatChoji wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 9:07 pm
Edit: nevermind they're sold out online!!

Just found out that The Source has this on sale as well, but until Jan 31 so you have even more time to decide

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/audio--a ... /108075358
And now you can PM at BB, for $12 less, since they put their price back up to $200

Net cost - $79.99 - $11.99 = $67.99 before tax...
Looks like an even hotter deal.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.