Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB GDDR6X Video Card - MSRP $2299.99 Pre-order

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2022 3:27 pm
[OP]
Dec 21, 2014
55 posts
314 upvotes
Markham, ON

[Best Buy] MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB GDDR6X Video Card - MSRP $2299.99 Pre-order

Available for pre-order. Ship in Jan. Not really is a deal but for people are trying to get the card, it is an opportunity.
Last edited by 81BYP81 on Dec 20th, 2022 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
61 replies
Nov 16, 2011
51 posts
62 upvotes
It has been available for backorder since 7pm last night, I doubt they will have stock to fulfill all these orders.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3673 posts
3304 upvotes
GTA
Same price at Canada Computers, but OOS for now.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2172 posts
2784 upvotes
"Popular items like this one sell out quickly!"

why not $500 above MSRP if demand is so high
-------------------
GO zoomers ~
$36 6GB UNLIMITED CARP voicemail + a free phone / 2yr
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1151 posts
929 upvotes
Same price as my car ive driven for 7 years. If anyone wants to trade lmk
Jan 6, 2010
547 posts
710 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Don't do it. Don't feed Jensen.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2016
1353 posts
784 upvotes
One can buy a mid-range pc and still have some $$$ left over for a Xbox or PS5 for this price
Just saying.
Jul 11, 2021
158 posts
204 upvotes
If you want to see what Red Dead Redemption 2 / Cyberpunk look like in VR at max settings & 90fps then this is the card you want. It's like a glimpse into the future.

It offers more than upgrading to a Quest Pro at least.
Jun 19, 2009
317 posts
709 upvotes
Winnipeg
Whatever happened to the good old days of spending $200-300 on a nice mid tier GPU, or splurge and buy a $500-650 high end gpu.

Maybe i'm just old, but it doesn't make sense for 1 component of a PC now to cost more than 2-3x times the rest of all the other parts.
Nov 17, 2007
501 posts
1721 upvotes
Canada
Vote with your wallet. The level of price increase Nvidia is putting on these cards is obscene. We hated the scalpers, but now all of a sudden we're ok with Nvidia doing the gouging at the source? Screw that, and screw this ludicrously expensive card.
ch3i6qhs33p91.jpg
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4448 posts
3805 upvotes
Ontario
The prices are high but trying to get upset at the 2090 model is also crazy... It's not meant for you... It's also prob one the best upgrades per price point I have seen in a long time...
---
Apr 13, 2010
330 posts
723 upvotes
Yes, keep buying stuff at these inflated prices. Interest rates aren't high enough yet :)
May 4, 2014
159 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
I am in.

Same question, why dyson vacuum $800 and 3 in 1 stick vacuum $20

Same story, u think worth it, then that is the reason to buy.
Nov 17, 2007
501 posts
1721 upvotes
Canada
cheapjing wrote: I am in.

Same question, why dyson vacuum $800 and 3 in 1 stick vacuum $20

Same story, u think worth it, then that is the reason to buy.
Sure, quality matters.

But what if my Dyson costs me $800 then two years later when you go to buy yourself one, it costs you $2000? I am guessing you wouldn't be so high on Dyson at that point.
Came for the deals...stayed...for the deals.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3343 posts
2137 upvotes
Toronto
AA7HBS wrote: Sure, quality matters.

But what if my Dyson costs me $800 then two years later when you go to buy yourself one, it costs you $2000? I am guessing you wouldn't be so high on Dyson at that point.
I mean...I bought my Dyson cordless vacuum for $150 several years ago. Now the V15 is like $1k...it's more or less the same thing.
Nov 19, 2017
152 posts
168 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote: Vote with your wallet. The level of price increase Nvidia is putting on these cards is obscene. We hated the scalpers, but now all of a sudden we're ok with Nvidia doing the gouging at the source? Screw that, and screw this ludicrously expensive card.

ch3i6qhs33p91.jpg
Your chart actually shows the 4090 is a pretty good value considering the price point and the performance you get.

These new cards are massive. Have massive dies, and massive coolers. This will increase costs compared to old gens. Stuff like the metal in the heatsinks has not got cheaper with time, and now much more of it is used. They all have far more components compared to previous generations, and these components aren't getting cheaper either, only more expensive. So the cards will get more expensive. These aren't 8800's with tiny single slot coolers with small dies and small, simple VRM stages.

The 4080 is considerably a bad value, given the slight cost decrease, with fairly significant performance loss compared to the 4090. But the 4090 is subjectively the best current value for high end gaming rigs.

I understand the value of the 4090, and preordered one last night. It's a better price/performance ratio than the 4080, 7900 XTX, and 3090ti. So if you want high end, its the only option that makes sense.
May 4, 2014
159 posts
175 upvotes
Markham
Buy brand name products = purchase the value of yourself
Dec 18, 2018
418 posts
1102 upvotes
RickJamesWasRight wrote: Your chart actually shows the 4090 is a pretty good value considering the price point and the performance you get.

These new cards are massive. Have massive dies, and massive coolers. This will increase costs compared to old gens. Stuff like the metal in the heatsinks has not got cheaper with time, and now much more of it is used. They all have far more components compared to previous generations, and these components aren't getting cheaper either, only more expensive. So the cards will get more expensive. These aren't 8800's with tiny single slot coolers with small dies and small, simple VRM stages.

The 4080 is considerably a bad value, given the slight cost decrease, with fairly significant performance loss compared to the 4090. But the 4090 is subjectively the best current value for high end gaming rigs.

I understand the value of the 4090, and preordered one last night. It's a better price/performance ratio than the 4080, 7900 XTX, and 3090ti. So if you want high end, its the only option that makes sense.
thats okay. if you want to buy this overprice card, go for it. no need to justify the reason for the luxury item. If it makes you happy and you can afford it, go for it.
Nov 19, 2017
152 posts
168 upvotes
AA7HBS wrote: Sure, quality matters.

Except new gen cards are massive. Have more memory than most peoples systems, have massive coolers, massive dies, massive VRM layouts. These don't get cheaper. You can't compare previous generations of cards to new gens. Because newer generations have more complex designs, more components, bigger heatsinks, bigger PCBs. These things aren't really getting cheaper with time, because they all are made from valuable resources. More resources, means higher costs.
Dec 18, 2018
418 posts
1102 upvotes
RickJamesWasRight wrote: Your chart actually shows the 4090 is a pretty good value considering the price point and the performance you get.

thats okay. if you want to buy this overprice card, go for it. no need to justify the reason for the luxury item. If it makes you happy and you can afford it, go for it.