Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] MTX Thunder61 6.5 inch speaker pair for $49.99!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2019 10:58 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
24677 posts
4954 upvotes
Unresphek wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 2:38 am
I thought bestbuy stopped carrying car audio, no?
Think it is (was) online only. Good deal but RFD effect = sold out in no time, lol.
Jan 3, 2008
267 posts
74 upvotes
Winnipeg
There’s a lot of great info on the interwebs as you learn about car audio. Start with Crutchfield’s site. The have a lot of good links on how it all works. On their site you can input your car info and they’ll tell you what type of products and sizes they recommended for it. To answer your question simply, yes the 5.25s will likely fit your vehicle. You will almost certainly need the adapter plates. And no you do not need the amplifier. If you’re simply looking to replace some tired or blown factory speakers these MTX speakers are ideal.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1801 posts
201 upvotes
NB
brendon wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 8:19 am
There’s a lot of great info on the interwebs as you learn about car audio. Start with Crutchfield’s site. The have a lot of good links on how it all works. On their site you can input your car info and they’ll tell you what type of products and sizes they recommended for it. To answer your question simply, yes the 5.25s will likely fit your vehicle. You will almost certainly need the adapter plates. And no you do not need the amplifier. If you’re simply looking to replace some tired or blown factory speakers these MTX speakers are ideal.
Thanks, any idea where I could find the adapter for the 5.25? I’m only seeing the ones for the 6.5..
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2533 posts
929 upvotes
QC, Canada
Anyone have any idea if the 5.25 will be an upgrade over the basics speakers in a ram 2017? The audio is decent but I wonder if it worth the 60-70$ upgrading from stock
Feb 25, 2015
732 posts
763 upvotes
NB
koontzy wrote:
Jul 13th, 2019 12:11 pm
Anyone have any idea if the 5.25 will be an upgrade over the basics speakers in a ram 2017? The audio is decent but I wonder if it worth the 60-70$ upgrading from stock
Most likely, yes. Unless the vehicle was equipped with premium audio / technology package, basic speakers are usually so-so to crappy. An amplifier might be a good idea too.
"The things you own end up owning you..." (c)