[Best Buy] MYSA Smart Thermostat for Electric Baseboard Heating $119.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 2nd, 2020 12:41 pm
[OP]
Sep 17, 2020
1 posts
7 upvotes

[Best Buy] MYSA Smart Thermostat for Electric Baseboard Heating $119.99

Mysa smart thermostat (for Electric Baseboard Heaters) is on-sale at BestBuy; have been looking to buy one of these for a while now, and they're usually $139 for one or save $10 each if you buy 3 or more.

BestBuy currently has them starting at $119.99, and still save an additional $10 when you buy 3 or more.
28 replies
Feb 4, 2007
493 posts
311 upvotes
How is the overall quality of these products? And they require batteries right?
Mar 21, 2009
239 posts
90 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Mysticode wrote: How is the overall quality of these products? And they require batteries right?
They works OK for me, they conects to 2.4GHz band and haven't have any connectivity issues. App is good enough but I haven't connect them to my google home. I purely use it to set the schedule and check electricity usage (along with real time/historial room temperature/humidity) and it can be set with a upper limit so people can't crank it all the way up to 30'C and make it hot like a dessert.
Doesn't require batteries as it gets power from the heater power line. Note, this is baseboard heating control, not for furance.
Dec 18, 2005
861 posts
914 upvotes
Montreal
Mysticode wrote: How is the overall quality of these products? And they require batteries right?
I'm pretty sure they don't require batteries. They're permanently hardwired to your 240V or 120V system.

I have the Stelpro Ki+ smart thermostats and they do not require batteries. I kinda prefer the Stelpro model specifically because it's not WiFi, and runs on z-wave. I'm not a fan of a service potentially going belly up and taking my devices with it. Since this is a pretty niche product by a company that is not as well established as a big player, it's entirely possible that they could go bankrupt and their servers would no longer communicate with your devices.
Dec 27, 2017
8 posts
2 upvotes
I love it have already 4 in my house! Good built quality! Made in Canada by a young startup from NL. App is good and reliable. No problem since 2 years! I buy 4 others
Jun 3, 2008
50 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver
I have 2 and they generally work. In about 1 year of ownership, I had one connection issue which required me to reboot a unit and set it up from scratch. Overall, it's pretty simplistic and the app is pretty bare bone. The unit is bigger than you'd think it would be =)
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
1648 posts
1162 upvotes
Montréal
I approve , I have 4 and they keep getting better. Customer service is great there is integration with smart things and google home and it’s a Canadian startup
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1946 posts
425 upvotes
St. Johns
I have one in my master bedroom and absolutely love it! I have never had any issues with connectivity and I find the app to be simple but effective. It's neat to see energy consumption and adjust your usage.

Would definitely recommend the product and company.
Mar 23, 2017
176 posts
153 upvotes
Ugh, I want one but my stupid baseboard only has an attached thermostat
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2024 posts
1013 upvotes
Can this be used for an old forced-air electric furnace ?
I.e., normal thermostat in use now.
Aug 16, 2009
162 posts
131 upvotes
Toronto
and you still get $20 off per thermostat when you buy 5 or more, this is a great deal.

I bought them directly from mysa last year, replaced all 6 in my house. not had any issues, setup was simple enough, can view energy usage which is great and helps keep on top of heating bills.
Apr 10, 2019
16 posts
11 upvotes
Bought 4 of these last year when they had the Hydro promo. They are fantastic. I use GA, Alexa and Apple HomeKit without issues. Will buy some more. Thanks OP