• Aug 20th, 2021 1:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3402 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Nanoleaf Remote for Light Panels $17.50

BB has a sale for the nanoleaf remote for $17.50 ($42 off).
Neat remote to control and adjust brightness for your light panels.
Uses AA batteries and is bluetooth connectivity.
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 10th, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
21 replies
Nov 8, 2013
612 posts
451 upvotes
does anyone have good suggestions for cheaper nanoleafs? I never realized how pricey they are
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3402 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
amazon has those hexagon light panels but i think its only in one color not RGB.
Jan 28, 2008
274 posts
296 upvotes
GNKRFD wrote: does anyone have good suggestions for cheaper nanoleafs? I never realized how pricey they are
If you like to do DIY projects.

Turned out better than my nanoleafs.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2086 posts
797 upvotes
Jedric wrote: If you like to do DIY projects.

Turned out better than my nanoleafs.
Looks cool like those storm cloud ceiling lights but you won't get the Nanoleaf software to design each panel color, download other user scenes, touch panel, and rhythm choices. Or google integration or the use of this gimmicky remote. The battery goes empty in 2 months and I don't even use it. The remote is cool but not useful. I only use google to operate my lights.
.I think many people who don't own nanoleaf don't understand the tech amd software involved, hence the cost
Apr 9, 2012
401 posts
164 upvotes
I had way too much nanoleaf at one point. Sold it all off. Sweet concept but didn't really use much and engender I did it required a lot of tinkering. Connectivity issues from time to time too. Not worth it. My phillips hue is way more practical and the novelty wears off fast
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1025 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
thanks. will give it a try.
Apr 19, 2017
72 posts
130 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered 2. I love my nanoleaf, the gimmick of the rhythm module wears off for sure, but the panels themselves are bright and are perfect for my poorly lit living room as every day lights. Its just an added bonus that I can light them up for the holidays accordingly... or random dance parties, although those have been lacking for the last 18months for some reason...
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2086 posts
797 upvotes
giju wrote: I had way too much nanoleaf at one point. Sold it all off. Sweet concept but didn't really use much and engender I did it required a lot of tinkering. Connectivity issues from time to time too. Not worth it. My phillips hue is way more practical and the novelty wears off fast
Too much is subjective. You mean cover your wall like this?
I have about 90 panels from squares to triangles in different rooms. I use these as lamps or accent lighting daily. Google also auto turns on/off knowing when I'm home. I also schedule them to turn on before my wakeup alarm.

Thanks OP. At this price point, I'm going place them in various rooms, instead of one remote for all rooms.
Images
  • 20210810_194322.jpg
Last edited by jon604 on Aug 10th, 2021 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2011
90 posts
109 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP I was finally able to put up my 13 nanoleaf canvas lights a couple weeks ago in my home office, this will add some fun to swapping scenes during my day while I work.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
2136 posts
542 upvotes
Alberta
Aw man sold out. Would totally give this a try for $17.50.
Don't use my panels too much, but they do act as functional lighting in my darker living room.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
11544 posts
9177 upvotes
Toronto
jon604 wrote: Too much is subjective. You mean cover your wall like this?
I have about 90 panels from squares to triangles in different rooms. I use these as lamps or accent lighting daily. Google also auto turns on/off knowing when I'm home. I also schedule them to turn on before my wakeup alarm.

Thanks OP. At this price point, I'm going place them in various rooms, instead of one remote for all rooms.
Dang what a flex!
Apr 9, 2012
401 posts
164 upvotes

At that price point? You spent 4k plus on that set up and then decided the remote was too pricey? Haha. Sweet set up but you are not a realistic example. The set up time on that alone is more then a full work day
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
3079 posts
3039 upvotes

Is that all nanolead? I'm curious how much that cost. Are they all interconnected/sync'd somehow?
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
10258 posts
3763 upvotes
WTF did I just watched in those videos....
From the BB video " this is more of a conversation piece than a remote" Another video has a room that looks like Austin Powers Shag Shack.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2086 posts
797 upvotes
SomeGuyNamedBob wrote: Is that all nanolead? I'm curious how much that cost. Are they all interconnected/sync'd somehow?
The photo isn't mine. That pic must have $15k worth of canvas panels. To put it in perspective, people pay more for hardwood floors. These nanoleaf are about $30 a square ft? Nice porcelain tiles are about $20 but these change colors. Lol

I have about 20 each in 5 rooms. Each side of the remote can program all the rooms but it's only within bluetooth range. So its nicer to leave one in each room. They do eat batteries when not in use. It's more of a conversation piece since it's much easier to use google voice command for the nanoleaf. But at this price, the remote is cheaper than 1 panel.
I did get the canvas squares and older triangles close to half price early this year since they got discontinued. It got replaced but the shapes and element lines.
Aug 25, 2012
383 posts
657 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Intense setup!

If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
2400 posts
1434 upvotes
Toronto
I had this remote but refunded at the end. Not useful (tbh I dunno how it works to control the light).. maybe it's just me. Good luck
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3402 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
available for backorder

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)