[Best Buy] Napolean Triumph 495 Propane BBQ with cover

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2019 9:20 pm
[OP]
Feb 24, 2017
126 posts
46 upvotes

[Best Buy] Napolean Triumph 495 Propane BBQ with cover

There was a previous thread in April for the same BBQ https://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-bu ... 0-2278253/

Is this the same one? I don't know why this one doesn't have the 't' in the t495 but looks to be the same. It comes with a BBQ cover too! We tried buying in April but they were OOS so we'll try again this time.

Don't forget to ebates! It says 3% cashback.
Last edited by smeeae on May 23rd, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Oct 30, 2012
182 posts
101 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
smeeae wrote: There was a previous thread in April for the same BBQ https://forums.redflagdeals.com/best-bu ... 0-2278253/

Is this the same one? I don't know why this one doesn't have the 't' in the t495 but looks to be the same. It comes with a BBQ cover too! We tried buying in April but they were OOS so we'll try again this time.
Where is it made?
Dec 1, 2006
339 posts
53 upvotes
China, and some of the latest posts in the ongoing BBQ Sales thread are less exciting for $700 with tax.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4334 posts
728 upvotes
Edmonton
Propane grill with JETFIRE ignition system for quick startups and consistent temperatures
ACCU-PROBE temperature gauge so you'll know your food is cooked thoroughly before you dig in
665 square inches of cooking space for grilling up to 30 hamburgers at once
Porcelainized WAVE cooking grids made from cast iron offers even heat for consistent results
Five stainless steel burners, a range side burner, and sear plates so you can cook an entire meal on your grill at once
57,200 BTUs of cooking power to feed everyone at your barbecue
Durable design features 2 stainless steel doors and a porcelain lid with double walls
Integrated utensil holders, bottle opener, and folding side shelves for a full outdoor cooking station
EASY ROLL locking casters for easy mobility when needed and keeping the Triumph locked in place
Durable water- and fade-resistant grill cover included to keep your Triumph protected from the elements when not in use
Comes with a limited 10-year warranty from the manufacturer to protect your investment
BBQ cover included

Comes with temperature probe. Is this common now? 10 year warranty seems pretty sweet
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.
Jul 26, 2008
163 posts
105 upvotes
Sidney
I wouldn't get a Napoleon grill without an infrared side burner. The regular side burner I've never used on any BBQ I've ever had. But the infrared is a great feature for searing.
Mar 9, 2013
14 posts
6 upvotes
ANGE-GARDIEN
Thanks OP, I bought the natural gas version for 650$ after 200$ rebate
May 5, 2012
118 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Literally just finished assembling this model. Bought it on the Best Buy website a few days ago.

Setup was pretty simple and it looks great aesthetically. Going to fire it up for the first time tonight and see how she does. I'll report back after a few runs.
Dec 20, 2006
482 posts
126 upvotes
bubbasticky wrote: Literally just finished assembling this model. Bought it on the Best Buy website a few days ago.

Setup was pretty simple and it looks great aesthetically. Going to fire it up for the first time tonight and see how she does. I'll report back after a few runs.
Let us know.. I pulled the trigger earlier today but cancelled it after reading the reviews on the BBQ thread.
Dec 11, 2012
28 posts
24 upvotes
I got this bbq 1 week ago for 650. Thanks OP, I was able to price adjust.
For those on the fence, if you are not looking to pay 800+ to get the higher end Napoleon or Weber, this Triumph is a good value especially with the 10 year warranty and likely the good customer service from Napoleon. It also has 4 burners. Similarly priced Rogue or Weber have 3 burners.
It is a nice and well built bbq with a good price compared to the other non-big brands out there which are priced in the same range.
Performance wise, I just tried it once and it heats pretty fast. I reached 600 F within a couple of minutes with all 4 burners on max. There may be some cold spots but, to be fair, it was windy when I used it. If you get it, take some time to season the grills as recommended on the Napoleon website.
I can't give a more detailed feedback because I have not tried it extensively yet. I think, for me, if this bbq lasts 10 years then it is certainly worth this price.
May 5, 2012
118 posts
113 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dreamaz wrote: Let us know.. I pulled the trigger earlier today but cancelled it after reading the reviews on the BBQ thread.
So far so good! Made an absolutely perfect steak, along with grilled peppers and asparagus. It heat up ultra quick and the heat distribution was great. The cast iron grill grates seem pretty awesome. Big fan, thus far. From what I've read, I think it just may need a little care over the years to really last, since it's in the "lower end" of the Napoleon lineup.

Only time will tell. But, for the meantime, I'm a happy camper.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5669 posts
1848 upvotes
Space
Read the terms of the warranty. Napoleon is pretty dodgy for actual coverage.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11084 posts
3629 upvotes
I'm wondering about these China sourced Napoleons.

I have a 10 year old Canada sourced one and I still have the original burner in it. It's still running fine but it looks a bit run down now. Are these of the same quality?
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2011
1166 posts
279 upvotes
STOUFFVILLE
Looks like it's OOS now and price went up by $50
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1039 posts
3658 upvotes
Van Isle
The Triumph line for Napoleon I believe is old stock and it generally gets very poor reviews for longevity. It seems the quality of stainless in the firebox is sketchy and they rust out fairly quickly. There was another thread on here with links to photos of a Triumph that was not old and the box looked like shit or what a Walmart masterchef looks like after 4 months. Spend the money and get a Weber or start at a Napoleon Prestige line which are made in Canada with a higher grade stainless steel. Weber customer service is superior to Napoleon from what I have read. I am buying a Prestige 500 soon as I want to support Canadian jobs but the Weber Genesis line looks just as nice...........even though it is made in China.

Jackson grills are pretty nice as well without quite the price tag of a Lynx or Sabre.
inappropriate signature
Oct 6, 2015
47 posts
17 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
I know this is now an "old" thread but I fired up my Napoleon Triumph for the first time tonight that I bought from Best Buy for $599. Just like bubbasticky, I'm very happy with it. Just grilled some homemade burgers and they were cooked to perfection. No complaints. Cleanup was easy and I can tell this will last a long time.