• Apr 13th, 2020 10:46 am
[OP]
Feb 24, 2018
70 posts
37 upvotes
Brampton

[Best Buy] Nest Outdoor Camera 2 pack - $329.99

Same price at Costco and BestBuy.
Dont feel like price matching during hard time of COVID-19 but you can do that with HomeDepot and Lowes or any other retailer..

Have not seen better price than this in last few months.
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 10th, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: added a retailer
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3151 posts
15891 upvotes
PM at Lowe's or Home Depot and get it for $296.
Oct 19, 2009
304 posts
193 upvotes
Costco has that price regularly since last year
Aug 14, 2018
329 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
i want the 4K one
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:
Mar 16, 2013
13 posts
8 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Thanks, OP!

Was going to buy this from Costco 2 weeks ago, but the new "regular" price was $383 for 2.
Saw your post, and pulled the trigger.

Thanks!
Oct 14, 2014
669 posts
693 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Does anyone here already have these? I bought a pair at regular price and had already started the return process after reading too many bad reviews (hardware failures, etc.).
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
3254 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
lefroset wrote: Does anyone here already have these? I bought a pair at regular price and had already started the return process after reading too many bad reviews (hardware failures, etc.).
I have one for the driveway, works well, no issues really minus it disconnecting once in a while but quickly reconnecting probably due to weak wifi signal.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2004
1032 posts
129 upvotes
I have one on the driveway. Doesn't disconnect since I moved a ap close.
A few of the negatives IMHO without a nest aware subscription are the motion notifications only seem to work in the middle of the night and for cars only, never a person.
No people/person movement notifications ever.
For live viewing it works great.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20149 posts
765 upvotes
Shanghai, China
bobsackamano wrote: I have one on the driveway. Doesn't disconnect since I moved a ap close.
A few of the negatives IMHO without a nest aware subscription are the motion notifications only seem to work in the middle of the night and for cars only, never a person.
No people/person movement notifications ever.
For live viewing it works great.
Still waiting for the new pricing information before I commit.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3151 posts
15891 upvotes
doughypear wrote: Thanks, OP!

Was going to buy this from Costco 2 weeks ago, but the new "regular" price was $383 for 2.

Thanks!
How much did you pay....$296.
[OP]
Feb 24, 2018
70 posts
37 upvotes
Brampton
doughypear wrote: Thanks, OP!

Thanks!
Even I did the same after waiting for few months.. good that it helped you make a decision..
Feb 17, 2009
354 posts
420 upvotes
Are these really worth the cost? I put a Wyze cam outside last September and it was able to endure through the entire winter (and we had a pretty bad winter in Calgary). Granted, I put the cam inside a third-party weatherproof protective housing and installed it under the eave but the Wyze cam is less than one-quarter the cost of these Nest cams.
Jan 27, 2017
154 posts
61 upvotes
How to PM with Home Depot if they aren’t open due to COVID-19?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9816 posts
9459 upvotes
Markham
smartcdn2 wrote: How to PM with Home Depot if they aren’t open due to COVID-19?
I’ve tried to PM through their online portal and through their text format... I’ve not received a reply in days.

I think for now PMing is probably not going to work.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3014 posts
515 upvotes
Alberta
I have a Wyze, and my Nest cams - I have an IQ Outdoor and a regular Outdoor - are FAR superior

1) Night vision is infinitely superior - especially outdoors

2) If you're watching an area with any motion, the Wyze is horrible to scrub to motion events when you have more than a couple to look at

3) The Wyze has FAR more false positive motion events

4) The Wyze's person detection is comparitively terrible

But yes, I still like my Wyze because for $40 it's awesome - but it does not hold a candle to my Nest gear.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3151 posts
15891 upvotes
smartcdn2 wrote: How to PM with Home Depot if they aren’t open due to COVID-19?
Anikiri wrote: I’ve tried to PM through their online portal and through their text format... I’ve not received a reply in days.

I think for now PMing is probably not going to work.
They probably are overwhelmed at the moment. Try Lowe's as well. Online or calling.
Jun 21, 2017
325 posts
359 upvotes
Ontario
hill15 wrote: They probably are overwhelmed at the moment. Try Lowe's as well. Online or calling.
It was pretty easy with Lowe's. You have to order it online at full price, then submit a price match request through their online contact form (https://www.lowes.ca/about/contact-us). They will then immediately credit your card for the difference when you pick up the item. I received confirmation of price match approval about 24 hours after submitting.
Sep 21, 2004
10677 posts
5144 upvotes
Calgary
scouzer wrote: I have a Wyze, and my Nest cams - I have an IQ Outdoor and a regular Outdoor - are FAR superior

1) Night vision is infinitely superior - especially outdoors

2) If you're watching an area with any motion, the Wyze is horrible to scrub to motion events when you have more than a couple to look at

3) The Wyze has FAR more false positive motion events

4) The Wyze's person detection is comparitively terrible

But yes, I still like my Wyze because for $40 it's awesome - but it does not hold a candle to my Nest gear.
Same here. I have both Nest and Wyze cams and while Wyze is significantly cheaper, Nest cameras and ecosystem are miles ahead. I placed Nest in high priority areas whereas Wyze are placed in less important corridors.