Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Nest Smart Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation - $259.99 ($70 off) (also on Amazon, Lowe's, Rona, HD, Staples)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 10th, 2021 12:17 am
[OP]
Dec 15, 2017
203 posts
222 upvotes
Nanaimo

[Best Buy] Nest Smart Learning Thermostat, 3rd Generation - $259.99 ($70 off) (also on Amazon, Lowe's, Rona, HD, Staples)

Been keeping an eye out for these as we are building a new house this year and wanted a smart thermostat. Have seen that these are possibly discontinued though, and was replaced last year with the Nest Thermostat E? But I don't see it for sale anywhere and have always assumed Nest was the leader for smart thermostats. Maybe somebody can't point me in a better direction if this is the case?

Regardless, looks like this is the lowest price in a couple years (according to CCC in the Amazon link below), and can add 1% back on Rakuten as well.

Amazon has it for $259.99, showing as $26 off regular price.

EDIT:
  • Lowe's has it for $259.00 (until Sept. 16th) + 1% Rakuten -- email signup DOES NOT STACK
  • Rona has it for $259.00 (until Sept. 16th) + 1% Rakuten -- email signup DOES NOT STACK
  • Staples has it for $259.99 (until Sept. 16th) + 1% Rakuten + possible email signup stack
  • Home Depot has it for $259.00

Best Buy and Home Depot are the only ones to offer colour options. Looks like all others ship the stainless steel version.
Last edited by BiggieWalls on Aug 31st, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 8 times in total.
I love the smell of savings in the morning...(PT).
Thread Summary
See how the Nest compares to others in RFD Reviews' top picks for the best smart thermostats!
27 replies
Nov 10, 2019
622 posts
610 upvotes
Don't forget the extra discounts from Enbridge too
Oct 21, 2011
91 posts
81 upvotes
Costco Warehouses have theirs on sale too and it comes with one sensor for $294.99, so essentially $35 more than BB/Amazon to get one sensor.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2448 posts
916 upvotes
I have bestbuy code for Enbridge discount but it won't let me enter discount code because it's already discounted. Am I missing something?
Aug 15, 2013
839 posts
415 upvotes
Guelph
joongpark wrote: I have bestbuy code for Enbridge discount but it won't let me enter discount code because it's already discounted. Am I missing something?
Go to the last page after entering payment info i.e. the Review page, you will the Promo code field there.
Feb 23, 2008
7 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Sorry, newbie here. What’s the code for? Can anyone use it? I’m interested in getting one too. Any discount would be greatly appreciated.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3672 posts
1206 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
BiggieWalls wrote: Been keeping an eye out for these as we are building a new house this year and wanted a smart thermostat. Have seen that these are possibly discontinued though, and was replaced last year with the Nest Thermostat E? But I don't see it for sale anywhere and have always assumed Nest was the leader for smart thermostats. Maybe somebody can't point me in a better direction if this is the case?

Regardless, looks like this is the lowest price in a couple years (according to CCC in the Amazon link below), and can add 1% back on Rakuten as well.

Amazon has has it for the same price, showing $26 off regular price .
Nest Thermostat 3rd Gen is Google's current flagship thermostat. The Nest E was Google's budget thermostat that didn't have farsight and cheaper build quality. The Nest E was discontinued for an even more budget friendly thermostat called the Nest Thermostat, however this was at a cost of removing the smart learning feature.
Oct 21, 2014
4 posts
2 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Amazing timing, just bought last week with the Enbridge promo :(
Deal Addict
May 17, 2017
1157 posts
3173 upvotes
Jnleet wrote: Amazing timing, just bought last week with the Enbridge promo :(
get home depot to adjust price
My phone plan is $400 a month for 500 MB of data.
My internet plan is $199.99 for capped internet and slow speeds.
My credit cards are the ones with annual fees but terrible rewards.
Did I RFD correctly?
[OP]
Dec 15, 2017
203 posts
222 upvotes
Nanaimo
YvonneC59042 wrote: HD Lowes are on sale as well. $1 is cheaper than BB lol
Thanks. Edited the first post to add more retailers. Some with 1% on Rakuten and possible stack with email signup codes.
Feb 18, 2013
76 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
In Ontario, for Enbridge customers, is there a way to get the $75 off for either Rona or Lowes? The Enbridge website seems to indicate the 'online' discount option only being available for the following list: Emerson Sensi, Google Nest, Ecobee, Best buy. Kind of stupid that one is an online retailer and the other 3 are the actual brands / products so makes this a little confusing. What option would I have to select, for those who have done this before, to be able to use it online at either Rona or Lowes (or some other store)?

FYI, asking about Lowes and Rona because I have an offer for a 10% statement credit from RBC Avion for the first $200 spent, so essentially an additional $20 off. Probably best offer available and for those of you who have the card, I would check the offers on your credit card.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5317 posts
4018 upvotes
BiggieWalls wrote: Been keeping an eye out for these as we are building a new house this year and wanted a smart thermostat. Have seen that these are possibly discontinued though, and was replaced last year with the Nest Thermostat E? But I don't see it for sale anywhere and have always assumed Nest was the leader for smart thermostats. Maybe somebody can't point me in a better direction if this is the case?

Amazon has it for $259.99, showing as $26 off regular price.

EDIT:
  • Lowe's has it for $259.00 (until Sept. 16th) + 1% Rakuten -- email signup DOES NOT STACK
  • Rona has it for $259.00 (until Sept. 16th) + 1% Rakuten -- email signup DOES NOT STACK
  • Staples has it for $259.99 (until Sept. 16th) + 1% Rakuten + possible email signup stack
  • Home Depot has it for $259.00

Best Buy and Home Depot are the only ones to offer colour options. Looks like all others ship the stainless steel version.
You putting in network cables and audio cables into the wall while it's being built?
[OP]
Dec 15, 2017
203 posts
222 upvotes
Nanaimo
evilYoda wrote: You putting in network cables and audio cables into the wall while it's being built?
Yes. Running Cat6 to all media locations, bedrooms and wifi AP locations. Probably running conduit as well to make upgrading in the future easier. Will get everything to terminate at a media panel where I will probably have the NAS.

Will run audio cable for surround sound in the great room, and unsure yet about continuing it on for ceiling speakers in dining/kitchen open space and the deck, or to just go with a Sonos system for that entertaining.
Jul 24, 2007
95 posts
29 upvotes
GTA
I’ve been waiting for this to go on sale. Even better with the Enbridge discount. Thanks so much for posting!
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2009
3672 posts
1206 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
abhay15 wrote: In Ontario, for Enbridge customers, is there a way to get the $75 off for either Rona or Lowes? The Enbridge website seems to indicate the 'online' discount option only being available for the following list: Emerson Sensi, Google Nest, Ecobee, Best buy. Kind of stupid that one is an online retailer and the other 3 are the actual brands / products so makes this a little confusing. What option would I have to select, for those who have done this before, to be able to use it online at either Rona or Lowes (or some other store)?

FYI, asking about Lowes and Rona because I have an offer for a 10% statement credit from RBC Avion for the first $200 spent, so essentially an additional $20 off. Probably best offer available and for those of you who have the card, I would check the offers on your credit card.
It'd help if you read the FAQ and their terms and conditions...

https://www.enbridgegas.com/residential ... hermostats
Images
  • upload.jpg