Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] NieR: Automata - Game of the Yorha Edition (PS4) - $29.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2020 6:38 am
Jr. Member
Aug 25, 2017
137 posts
246 upvotes
Welp. Exactly what I want at exactly the price I want to pay, but Amazon is all third party sellers and BestBuy wants a $35 minimum for free shipping effectively killing the deal. *sigh*

Been looking for Nier Automata for months now and for some reason just can’t seem to ever actually make the deal. I spent all day Black Friday refreshing the page but BestBuy online and all local stores were sold out the whole day. Amazon was nothing but shady third party sellers with $20+ shipping tacked on. PSN hasn’t had it on sale since August and it was $35.83 so not really a deal there either.

The Copied Factory raid in Final Fantasy XIV makes Nier Automata look so awesome I must play it! But damn is it impossible to find a store that actually has copies and has them at a reasonable price.
[OP]
Member
Jan 1, 2010
386 posts
357 upvotes
zott23 wrote: Welp. Exactly what I want at exactly the price I want to pay, but Amazon is all third party sellers and BestBuy wants a $35 minimum for free shipping effectively killing the deal. *sigh*

Been looking for Nier Automata for months now and for some reason just can’t seem to ever actually make the deal. I spent all day Black Friday refreshing the page but BestBuy online and all local stores were sold out the whole day. Amazon was nothing but shady third party sellers with $20+ shipping tacked on. PSN hasn’t had it on sale since August and it was $35.83 so not really a deal there either.

The Copied Factory raid in Final Fantasy XIV makes Nier Automata look so awesome I must play it! But damn is it impossible to find a store that actually has copies and has them at a reasonable price.
Just order something that helps you cross the $35 threshold. Once you get both items, go in store and return the filler item.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2009
2047 posts
1060 upvotes
GTA
Did i miss it on Amazon? Shows $41.99?
[OP]
Member
Jan 1, 2010
386 posts
357 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Did i miss it on Amazon? Shows $41.99?
It's sold out on Amazon and EBgames.

BestBuy is the only option at this point.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 13, 2007
2223 posts
641 upvotes
Is this a seriously good game for 29.99? if it was 19.99 I'll bite for sure for a game I've never read up on. 29.99 and I'm not 100% sure
PSN: Sakaban
Member
May 30, 2016
244 posts
298 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Sakaban wrote: Is this a seriously good game for 29.99? if it was 19.99 I'll bite for sure for a game I've never read up on. 29.99 and I'm not 100% sure
It's a good game for $29.99.
Newbie
Apr 29, 2018
31 posts
54 upvotes
This game is worth at least $50 IMO, if you have been waiting for years to play this game just do yourself a favor and buy it now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7555 posts
4149 upvotes
Toronto
$30 for a 3 year old game is a terrible deal. It should be $10-20 at most by now but Square inflates the value of their old game by discontinuing the original base game and making it mandatory to purchase with the worthless DLC. If you waited this long already surely you can wait longer for a better deal
Jr. Member
Nov 8, 2016
190 posts
137 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: $30 for a 3 year old game is a terrible deal. It should be $10-20 at most by now but Square inflates the value of their old game by discontinuing the original base game and making it mandatory to purchase with the worthless DLC. If you waited this long already surely you can wait longer for a better deal
We're talking about one of the most critically acclaimed games made in the last 3 years, with about 20-35 hours of gameplay not including DLC, for $30. That's not a bad bargain. It may not be the best deal you'll see if you keep waiting, but acting like you're entitled to an AAA game for $10 just because you "waited" is silly.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7555 posts
4149 upvotes
Toronto
barriecuda wrote: We're talking about one of the most critically acclaimed games made in the last 3 years, with about 20-35 hours of gameplay not including DLC, for $30. That's not a bad bargain. It may not be the best deal you'll see if you keep waiting, but acting like you're entitled to an AAA game for $10 just because you "waited" is silly.
I disagree and just because you're personally a fan of the game doesn't make paying this much 3 years later a good deal. Lots of other more recent critically acclaimed have better deals than this all the time. Square is just a greedy publisher looking to gouge people with inflated prices on old games.
Jr. Member
Feb 28, 2006
155 posts
96 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: I disagree and just because you're personally a fan of the game doesn't make paying this much 3 years later a good deal. Lots of other more recent critically acclaimed have better deals than this all the time. Square is just a greedy publisher looking to gouge people with inflated prices on old games.
I bet you'll never get a Switch then lol
[OP]
Member
Jan 1, 2010
386 posts
357 upvotes
ReeGee wrote: I disagree and just because you're personally a fan of the game doesn't make paying this much 3 years later a good deal. Lots of other more recent critically acclaimed have better deals than this all the time. Square is just a greedy publisher looking to gouge people with inflated prices on old games.
I prefer brand new games and it worked out for me.

I wanted X-com 2 - the collection and it showed up at EB for $29.99 when I bought it. Now, EB has the price at $19.99 and it is sold out. BB sells it for $79.95 now.

The problem with waiting is that you might not get it at all.

This is a good deal for the complete edition that includes costumes and DLC.
Sr. Member
Mar 22, 2017
872 posts
788 upvotes
West GTA
ReeGee wrote: I disagree and just because you're personally a fan of the game doesn't make paying this much 3 years later a good deal. Lots of other more recent critically acclaimed have better deals than this all the time. Square is just a greedy publisher looking to gouge people with inflated prices on old games.
Depends on your definition and utility is subjective, but 30 bucks is generally good value for this title. The quality and amount of content is well worth that amount of money. I bought it for 50 bucks and felt at the time that it was a great deal.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8158 posts
2635 upvotes
Most old games are still $50-$60 on all platforms years later.
The Witcher 3 Game of the Year Edition is still $69.99 on Steam right now and $60 on PS4/XB1, $80 on Switch when it is not on sale.
$30-$40 when it is on sale.

That game is 4 to 5 years old (Witcher 3 - 2015, Witcher 3 GotY 2016) and older than NieR Automata.

Does that mean CD Project Red is greedy too?

ReeGee wrote: I disagree and just because you're personally a fan of the game doesn't make paying this much 3 years later a good deal. Lots of other more recent critically acclaimed have better deals than this all the time. Square is just a greedy publisher looking to gouge people with inflated prices on old games.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2008 posts
641 upvotes
EDMONTON
$20 would be the buy in price. $30 is still too much. It's only a matter of time.

lol i bought GoW and Spiderman for $30 and still haven't finished them. Games drop in prices (during sales) faster than you can play them, IMO
RFD Etiquette:
- If you are going to shoot down a deal by referencing an expired sale or past deals, please provide us with a working time machine!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)