nVidia RTX Video Cards ($MSRP)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2021 6:25 am
[OP]
Feb 4, 2015
543 posts
1742 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Best Buy] nVidia RTX Video Cards ($MSRP)

For those looking for a new video card, latest Best Buy drop is tomorrow. If you don't know how it works, you basically wait in line, first-come-first-serve once it opens tomorrow. Pricing is MSRP (as listed on BB's website). Full details at:

https://blog.bestbuy.ca/best-buy/nvidia

If you want a FE (ie, non-LHR) you need to be lining up like now. If you want a something lower powered or LHR you still have some time (probably), but depends on your store.

More discussion on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanad ... ctober_27/

Good luck. For lazy people just get a pre-built or but CC bundle. Time is money too!
166 replies
Sep 27, 2018
56 posts
65 upvotes
Don't bother, a lot of people started lining up at 5pm. Yes...you read that right. 5 pm.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1972 posts
1271 upvotes
The 3080ti and 3070ti FE models don't usually sell out.

However they have some of the worst performance per $ even at msrp.

I remember seeing them at my local BB randomly and choosing not to buy them.
Oct 21, 2016
237 posts
757 upvotes
NickolasD16046 wrote: or just walk into a CC and hope for the best
I did walk into CC and asked. They had 3070 but for $1300...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
36403 posts
22563 upvotes
Center of Universe
Good luck getting an FE, if you're not already in line.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
4289 posts
7809 upvotes
Kitchener
No KW stock still :(
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Oct 22, 2021
113 posts
237 upvotes
yeah723 wrote: I did walk into CC and asked. They had 3070 but for $1300...
dang, I remember feeling ripped off buying a 3070 for $770 a year ago (500 USD at the time was ~$660)....
May 14, 2013
427 posts
501 upvotes
Edmonton
Just sharing my experience from the August drop in Edmonton. I went on the next day (Saturday) of shipment date (Friday), and was able to pick up 3090 FE. They had several MSI 3070 and 3090s left in stock at the time. The sales rep said they didn’t receive any TI models and it would be a random assortment of GPU’s rather than a defined stock list. Considering it was the only store in my City to receive GPU’s, I’d say demand wasn’t as crazy as one would think it to be with all the crypto stuff going on. There probably was a line up, but the fact that they had quite a bit of stock remaining the next day, leads me to believe either they had a motherload of a shipment or there just wasn’t that much demand.

But Best Buy is doing good by gamers with keeping MSRP (even though theres even inflation on MSRP, at least it is not scalper prices) on those cards, and they aren’t allowing online orders to curb the bots…
Last edited by BambooMonster on Oct 27th, 2021 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1402 posts
832 upvotes
I thought the homeless moved to Cambie and 7th earlier, 8:30PM and it already looks like a tent city out there.
May 4, 2018
343 posts
211 upvotes
Bitoshi wrote: dang, I remember feeling ripped off buying a 3070 for $770 a year ago (500 USD at the time was ~$660)....
That was a good deal. I bought couple 3070s for more than 800 CAD and one of them was direct from EVGA.
Oct 18, 2020
25 posts
29 upvotes
Can someone explain how this works? Out of curiosity.

Do you line up and get a ticket? Do you get the ticket couple hours before store opens? If you get a ticket can you leave and come back and purchase it later at night or must it be purchased once store opens?

Or is there no ticket and you just line up and purchase when they open via first come first serve ?
May 14, 2013
427 posts
501 upvotes
Edmonton
TheGulag wrote: Can someone explain how this works? Out of curiosity.

Do you line up and get a ticket? Do you get the ticket couple hours before store opens? If you get a ticket can you leave and come back and purchase it later at night or must it be purchased once store opens?

Or is there no ticket and you just line up and purchase when they open via first come first serve ?
Click on the Link provided by the OP and scroll down to where it says in BOLD “ What happens when you arrive at a Best Buy Store”. It is very clear.
Apr 11, 2019
291 posts
304 upvotes
ok, so i went to 3 of these drops already each time earlier and each time the line ups started earlier so i got a card i didn't want. at 830pm tonight, cambie location had 100 people and coquitlam had 45 or so. pretty much wasn't gonna get the 3080 or 3060 ti fe i wanted so i just left. even if you count what spot you're at, you're gonna be quite a few more spots back because people in line call buddies/family/whoever to come get a card in the mornings. i have proof of this as someone i tried to buy a video card from on marketplace offerred to sell me a spot. it's so scummy.

if you aren't super picky about your card though, you can definitely get one if you line up now. the way it works is you line up now, they give you a ticket at ~830am. that ticket is for a specific card. depending on the location, they may let you come back later in the day, but for the popular locations, you have to be there by the time the line to buy the cards is finished. they open at ~10am or 11am and they finish selling around 30 minutes in. so at the very least you can go get a coffee or something for a little while.
Zoomer Wireless - $36/month|800 Minutes|5GB Data|Unlimited Texts
Dec 8, 2013
497 posts
271 upvotes
British Columbia
can't believe they're doing this in-store thing again instead of a raffle or random online drop.

all this does is it allows people who don't have work (or is willing to take a day off) to be able to go line up, buy a card and re-sell it for a steep profit. what normal person would just take a day off work to go line up for a graphics card.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3516 posts
1121 upvotes
Belle River
I think RFD likes lineup photos so here's Windsor Best Buy around midnight. Pretty small lineup though.

BB_RTX_drop_lineup_midnight_Oct27.jpg

I guess there's no Best Buy staff around yet? Just thinking if there were, wouldn't they tell them to move those cars in the fire route zone?
Oct 22, 2021
113 posts
237 upvotes
booruce wrote: can't believe they're doing this in-store thing again instead of a raffle or random online drop.

all this does is it allows people who don't have work (or is willing to take a day off) to be able to go line up, buy a card and re-sell it for a steep profit. what normal person would just take a day off work to go line up for a graphics card.
It also sucks for anyone that lives far away from a BB that's getting a drop. My local BB is 10 mins from me, but they never get any gpu's. The BB 1.5 hours from me always does though.

At the very least they could allocate stock to different stores each time.

Perhaps they could stock gpu's at random stores at random times (and not all at once) to combat scalpers instead of announcing these drops every time. Scalpers would have to check every store constantly to get them, which likely wouldn't be worth it. This would give people randomly walking into a BB at least somewhat of a chance.
Last edited by Bitoshi on Oct 27th, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.