• Jun 3rd, 2020 2:52 pm
[OP]
Dec 5, 2011
158 posts
179 upvotes
YVR

[Best Buy] Nvidia Sheild TV Pro 16GB - IN STOCK

NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Pro 16GB 4K HDR Media Streamer

Not on sale but it's actually in stock. I have been looking for weeks and finally found one.

Get it while you can!
83 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3156 posts
2612 upvotes
Toronto
whats the use case for one of these if you already have a smart tv?
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2522 posts
2787 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: whats the use case for one of these if you already have a smart tv?
it depends what your smart tv can do. they are all different. it also depends what you want from it too and your set up.
I believe my 70 inch roku hisense couldn't pass through true dolby surround I had to set up my xbox one x to the receiver to play surround sound and then through the tv.
using this you can use it the same way as my set up. nvidia also has a lot more streaming abilities than the regular smart tv.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4819 posts
2086 upvotes
Global Village
Finally found this, have been looking for weeks also, hope it's not a BB error and they actually have the stock..
All day I dream about sports
Dec 18, 2005
790 posts
744 upvotes
Montreal
"Cannot ship to Quebec". Why, Best Buy, why?!
Sep 8, 2008
204 posts
40 upvotes
T.O
Thanks, looking for one for weeks, ordered one.
Sep 26, 2018
762 posts
1723 upvotes
dhomas wrote: "Cannot ship to Quebec". Why, Best Buy, why?!
101 QC stupid language laws so probably because the text on the box isn't translated from english to french or some other stupid shit like that, they won't let citizens order it online to protect them from the *checks notes* french language going extinct.
I have spoken
Dec 18, 2005
790 posts
744 upvotes
Montreal
almasyseifer wrote: 101 QC stupid language laws so probably because the text on the box isn't translated from english to french or some other stupid shit like that, they won't let citizens order it online to protect them from the *checks notes* french language going extinct.
I know we have weird laws here in Quebec, but it seems like only Best Buy is doing this. Staples will sell this same unit to me in Quebec (except they don't have it in stock).
Jul 4, 2007
31 posts
19 upvotes
Thanks OP. Ordered. Been on the lookout for weeks
May 30, 2013
361 posts
270 upvotes
Markham
I am using the old SHIELD, have it for about 3 years; it is still one of the fastest Android TV box, no other TV box or smart TV is as good as it.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1462 posts
370 upvotes
dhomas wrote: I know we have weird laws here in Quebec, but it seems like only Best Buy is doing this. Staples will sell this same unit to me in Quebec (except they don't have it in stock).
I believe the fines for infractions go up for every time you get caught. Maybe bestbuy has reached their breaking point and staples hasn’t been fined enough yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2011
1280 posts
968 upvotes
WESTMOUNT
dhomas wrote: I know we have weird laws here in Quebec, but it seems like only Best Buy is doing this. Staples will sell this same unit to me in Quebec (except they don't have it in stock).
Sport Chek does it too. I think in this case there is some weird territorial divide with Sports Experts.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
14321 posts
15087 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: 101 QC stupid language laws so probably because the text on the box isn't translated from english to french or some other stupid shit like that, they won't let citizens order it online to protect them from the *checks notes* french language going extinct.
Folks, we like our Quebec RFDers, but understand that your compatriots voted for this.

Lack of liberty comes home to roost, it always does.

Reshippers exist, but they nullify the cost advantage.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Aug 5, 2019
71 posts
64 upvotes
Awesome! Thank you very much. AI upscaling, here I come. In for one!
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19720 posts
12828 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Could be as simple as BB responded to the need for speed by importing a bunch of boxes intended for the US market. Their Quick Start guides are English-only so not sell-able in la belle province.

Meanwhile Staples is sitting on their hands, waiting patiently for their Canada-legal boxes with the French language Quick Start insert to arrive.

IIRC the same thing used to happen with new releases of Microsoft Windows. QC had to wait for Redmond to translate from English to French to Québécois French. Vive la différence mes amis.
veni, vidi, Visa