Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Nvidia Sheild TV Pro 16GB - IN STOCK

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2020 1:30 pm
Sep 8, 2008
309 posts
99 upvotes
T.O
I was able to order from staples about an hour ago. It’s shows processing delivery for Tuesday
Jan 29, 2010
381 posts
163 upvotes
Victoria
Poutinesauce wrote: How/where do you order a Fire Stick remote and set it up for use with the Shield 2015? I despise that stupid remote with the touch control volume slider. Worst idea ever. Otherwise the Shield 2015 is still brilliant and flawless.

I would also like to order a replacement Fire Stick remote because I lost mine.
I just found a Firestick on Ebay for around $8 cnd shipped. It comes with the newer remote. I don;t care about the Firestick but it's nice to get that remote for my Shield. Hopefully it's not a scam even though his ratings are OK.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Poutinesauce wrote: How/where do you order a Fire Stick remote and set it up for use with the Shield 2015?
Amazon sells them individually. Wait for a holiday sale, including Prime Day, and they go for $20.

They're Bluetooth devices so just set the Shield to look for new devices then start the pairing process. You'll need the original remote for when the BT connection drops. (E.g. sometimes after updating the Shield software.)
I despise that stupid remote with the touch control volume slider. Worst idea ever.
Agreed. How could they make such a bone-headed design decision when the rest of the design is so good?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
niksfever wrote: Where do you check actual online stock? About two-thirds of my orders get cancelled with staples due to phantom stock. Maybe I can avoid disappointment the future!
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=st&sku=2963139

It was not phantom stock today, they had 75 this morning when I checked.
Mar 10, 2017
151 posts
261 upvotes
Can anyone comment on it's performance when used as a Plex server + client? Was planning on building out a dedicated server but was also in need of a good client for Kodi/Plex so figured 2 birds 1 stone.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
Poutinesauce wrote: It's disappointing because it's impossible to read a RFD topic where this topic tangentially comes up without comments like these. Please realize that these laws exist for a very good reason. If they didn't, there would be millions of people who wouldn't be able to read the instructions for the products that they use on a daily basis. Many companies certainly would not bother if they were not legally compelled to. I don't need it at all, but for instance there are still plenty of older people who only speak French.

It's ultimately of very little consequence because the law doesn't apply to anyone that doesn't have a physical presence in Quebec. That's why Best Buy's hands are tied in this case. But it's thus usually very easy to find alternatives.
To be honest, I find the whole concept of requiring a physical manual quite outdated. If you're ordering this, you obviously have access to the Internet. Just make sure the online (and updatable!) manual is available and French. Who actually reads a paper manual anymore, anyway?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29711 posts
29133 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dhomas wrote: To be honest, I find the whole concept of requiring a physical manual quite outdated.
As do I. (And I used to make my living at one time by writing them.) Nevertheless most items come with at least a Quick Start sheet, a product safety sheet, etc. all of which should be in both official languages.
If you're ordering this, you obviously have access to the Internet.
That's beside the point. Packaging has to be in French too for the same reasons @Poutinesauce gave. A Francophone who is looking at the box in a store has as much right to know if the product has the features they need as the rest of us.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2005
1534 posts
2211 upvotes
Montreal
bylo wrote: As do I. (And I used to make my living at one time by writing them.) Nevertheless most items come with at least a Quick Start sheet, a product safety sheet, etc. all of which should be in both official languages.
I agree. These sheets should be multi-language so they don't need different sheets for different countries.
That's beside the point. Packaging has to be in French too for the same reasons @Poutinesauce gave. A Francophone who is looking at the box in a store has as much right to know if the product has the features they need as the rest of us.
I understand that should be the case for in-store product. But again, if you're ordering online, the description on the website can be in French even if the packaging is not.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
Bought from Staples before 10 am yesterday but order is cancelled today. Guess they didn't want to send to Thunder Bay again. I've had that happen a couple times. This outfit gets worse and worse every year...
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
DougO wrote: Bought from Staples before 10 am yesterday but order is cancelled today. Guess they didn't want to send to Thunder Bay again. I've had that happen a couple times. This outfit gets worse and worse every year...
Interesting. I ordered at 11:30am in Toronto, let's see what happens.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
Sold out again at Best Buy. I sent a nasty note to Staples complaining on their poor service. We'll see if I get a reply. The company I used to work for spent thousands of dollars with them per year but that was 10 years ago when they could fulfill orders without getting cancellations. But the outfit I work for now has had to go with other companies entirely because Staples seems unable to fulfill orders. Things that take weeks to come in are at most 72 hours wait time with this other outfit and NO CANCELLATIONS...
Sep 8, 2008
309 posts
99 upvotes
T.O
Got mine from staples this morning.

Waiting for the one from Best Buy to arrive next week.
Nov 19, 2014
403 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mksliao wrote: Got mine from staples this morning.

Waiting for the one from Best Buy to arrive next week.
You must be super close to wherever they ship from! Mine is set to arrive today. Still waiting.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
1479 posts
1645 upvotes
Does Staples have their own delivery service? They never provide a shipping tracking number when I order anything from them.
Nov 19, 2014
403 posts
295 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Zaptor99 wrote: Does Staples have their own delivery service? They never provide a shipping tracking number when I order anything from them.
They must. They use their own shipment release form. And there’s no way they could offer this shipping speed from Canada Post (from shipped to delivered in the span of a day).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)