Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Panasonic MJ-L500s Slow Juicer $109 + S&H, reg $349 *refurb* Marketplace Seller

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 19th, 2019 10:30 pm
Jul 9, 2016
674 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Panasonic MJ-L500s Slow Juicer $109 + S&H, reg $349 *refurb* Marketplace Seller

This is my first post to Hot Deals, but I’ve been enjoying my purchase so much I had to share and it sells new for $349 at Walmart and this deal is even cheaper than factorydirect

It says refurbished but there would’ve been no way to tell. It came it all original packaging with plastic wrap and nothing had been used. Perhaps the motor was from a return unit but definitely none of the other parts.

And it makes amazing juice!! A slow juicer is certainly the way to go. Plus this one has a frozen attachment for extruding mango sorbet or frozen banana ice cream!

Love it.
Images
  • 7FBD4BF2-3D0C-4FD9-9A19-B55427006D8C.jpeg
  • F22E5F6B-D681-4436-9216-6A70A332304E.jpeg
  • 8DE36278-8CCA-45D9-BFE3-F9D95982816F.jpeg
Last edited by aasoror on Aug 19th, 2019 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added "marketplace seller and s&h" to title
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8554 posts
11764 upvotes
GTA
Be aware that this is sold by a 3rd party. 14 day return policy with 10-20% restocking fee.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
from the photos looks like the waste are not fully extracted. The carrot look like it's come out like it is coming in.
Sep 23, 2014
750 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Juicing basically removes the healthiest part of fruits/veggies, the fibers. I'd prefer smoothie over juicing to attain the full benefit.
Last edited by LockAndKey on Aug 18th, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Juicing basically removes the healthiest part of fruits/veggies, the fibers. I'd prefer smoothie over juicing to attain the full benefit.
They said blending kill the nutrient so I don't know which one is better.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: They said blending kill the nutrient so I don't know which one is better. Can always take the waste and reblend it lol.
Sep 23, 2014
750 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto, ON
xpressmerchant wrote: They said blending kill the nutrient so I don't know which one is better.
Yea nothing beats eating fruits, but i hate the texture lol. The good part of smoothie is i can blend fruits with frozen broccoli, so i don't have to "taste" it XD.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
What can you do with left over? Good source of fiber? Can you eat like that or cook it?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2660 posts
1269 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: What can you do with left over? Good source of fiber? Can you eat like that or cook it?
of course you can. i.e orange juice with pulp. They extract the juice then re-add the pulp.
Jul 9, 2016
674 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
xpressmerchant wrote: from the photos looks like the waste are not fully extracted. The carrot look like it's come out like it is coming in.
it produces some of the driest pulp of any sub-$600 juicer. slow juicers are much better at extraction than centrifugal ones.
Jul 9, 2016
674 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
LockAndKey wrote: Juicing basically removes the healthiest part of fruits/veggies, the fibers. I'd prefer smoothie over juicing to attain the full benefit.
the fibre is FAR from the healthiest part of the fruit lol. you should try some juice, smoothies are great too obviously, im not some juice prophet, but i would much rather my vegetables in juice form, its pretty hard to get a carrot and beet smoothie. and drinking orange juice that you have just juiced is the best orange juice ever.
Jul 9, 2016
674 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
ysl5710 wrote: What can you do with left over? Good source of fiber? Can you eat like that or cook it?
i toss a lot more than i use, but it can be frozen and readded to smoothies later as a fibre/nutrient/texture boost, or it can be composted, or used in soups. theres a whole list of things people manage to do with it, but you will inevitably end up with waste still, but the waste from say 3 unpeeled carrots is no more than the waste you would have from peeling the carrots to cook/eat them some other way
Jul 9, 2016
674 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
masoud100 wrote: Costco currently has it for $190 (sale ending today)...if someone is looking for a brand new one with warranty. Also you do not need to be a member to order online.
https://www.costco.ca/Panasonic-Slow-Ju ... 38179.html
this product would still be covered by the full 1 year panasonic warranty for parts and labour and 5 years for the motor for parts only. the ad shows the SELLERS parts and labour warranty to be 90 days, but i interpret that as meaning the 3rd party is offering that on their end. such as bestbuy itself offering a 60 day warranty on TVs or something, but Sony would still provide the full 1 year waranty on my TV past the 60 days.

and the restocking fee is 0% if unopened FYI. and if you were to wish to return it, id rather just take it to walmart with no receipt and get $349+tax on a gift card
Jul 9, 2016
674 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
xpressmerchant wrote: They said blending kill the nutrient so I don't know which one is better.
its the heat specifically that kills the nutrients, the same is true for cooking food fruits and veggies. in cheaper juicers that just spin 20,000 times a minute it heats the juice beyond the nutrient-death threshold lol so im told. this one spins at 45 rpm and no heat is created, thus preserving the maximum amount of nutrients
Dec 27, 2007
22706 posts
15194 upvotes
Kitchener
SuperSauvage wrote: this product would still be covered by the full 1 year panasonic warranty for parts and labour and 5 years for the motor for parts only.
Actually, that is not true, Panasonic only warrants "NEW" products purchased from an authorized retailer (per warranty terms and conditions in the Juicer manual) and requires a dated proof of purchase for all warranty claims.

So unless someone is going to photoshop a receipt this product is neither new nor purchased from an authorized retailer, carries no manufacturer warranty and consequently is also not eligible for credit card extended warranty (which only extends warranty for products eligible for manufacturer warranty in the first place).

Also, the shipping isn't free ($20 for my address) neither is return (unless the product is faulty).
and if you were to wish to return it, id rather just take it to walmart with no receipt and get $349+tax on a gift card
That is actually a fraud, and because of customers practices like this most WMs no longer accept returns without receipts.
Jul 9, 2016
674 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto
God you guys are salty af. Buy it. Don’t buy it. Idgaf. It’s 70% off and NOT used. This is a deals forum. Research what you want to buy before you buy it and you won’t need to worry about returning it, and HOW OFTEN do you make a claim on a small kitchen appliance warranty in the first place. The answer is definitely almost never. It’s $100 not $6,500. If it breaks it breaks. Grow up.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2184 posts
252 upvotes
Ottawa
SuperSauvage wrote: this product would still be covered by the full 1 year panasonic warranty for parts and labour and 5 years for the motor for parts only. the ad shows the SELLERS parts and labour warranty to be 90 days, but i interpret that as meaning the 3rd party is offering that on their end. such as bestbuy itself offering a 60 day warranty on TVs or something, but Sony would still provide the full 1 year waranty on my TV past the 60 days.

and the restocking fee is 0% if unopened FYI. and if you were to wish to return it, id rather just take it to walmart with no receipt and get $349+tax on a gift card
You don't need to admittedly be open about committing fraud by buying it at $149 from somewhere and selling it to Walmart for $349 and thus making a $200 profit.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)