Best Buy

Philips Hue products buy 2 or more get 25% off

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2021 9:20 am
Sep 7, 2014
793 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
umadbrah wrote: $200 for light strips. Am I missing something?
Yes you are. Hue light system is not for everyone unfortunately.

I have tried many light strips like the ones on Amazon/ebay/ali/wiz/yi ... etc. None can give the accurate color gradient the hue can give.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19864 posts
3842 upvotes
Toronto
I picked up two of the smart plugs so I can control some lamps via the software. Thanks OP
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14994 posts
1280 upvotes
Markham
aljudeh wrote: Yes you are. Hue light system is not for everyone unfortunately.

I have tried many light strips like the ones on Amazon/ebay/ali/wiz/yi ... etc. None can give the accurate color gradient the hue can give.
Accuracy is relative. hue products have their colours tuned and matched to each other, hence the overpriced LED strip. If someone is starting fresh (no hue ecosystem) there are far far cheaper alternatives (RGBWW LED strips are cheap nowadays).
ShadowVlican
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43306 posts
7215 upvotes
Went through the selection and I think I will pass for now. Trying to keep less iOT devices at home.
Blanka
Sep 7, 2014
793 posts
413 upvotes
Toronto
ShadowVlican wrote: Accuracy is relative. hue products have their colours tuned and matched to each other, hence the overpriced LED strip. If someone is starting fresh (no hue ecosystem) there are far far cheaper alternatives (RGBWW LED strips are cheap nowadays).
Which is my point. What other manufacturer allow you to sync your light for same color , set specific times for synchronized on and off with motion sensing. You can set outdoor motion sensing to light specific lights indoors for security, which is not possible without having a heavy electrical wiring through walls.

They are expensive. But if your only competitor is you, you can do whatever you want.
Feb 7, 2014
275 posts
215 upvotes
Kitchener
aljudeh wrote: Which is my point. What other manufacturer allow you to sync your light for same color , set specific times for synchronized on and off with motion sensing. You can set outdoor motion sensing to light specific lights indoors for security, which is not possible without having a heavy electrical wiring through walls.

They are expensive. But if your only competitor is you, you can do whatever you want.
You can make lights, motion Sensors, etc. From different manufacturers to communicate with each other using a hub like smarthings, or sometimes by just doing some simple Alexa or google home routines
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
7335 posts
2296 upvotes
T dot 6
sonyHdr12 wrote: for $150 4 color bulbs with bridge, I don’t even bother. Those price from last week at Rideau Center shopper & the source.
I picked up a Hue Dimmer switch (version 1) for $12.99 at the Source in Fairview Mall (I got the last two) a few days ago so its worth checking out the Source for Hue deals.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Nov 1, 2012
335 posts
333 upvotes
Markham
Lush78 wrote: Thanks op! I ordered the hue gradient lightship for 75"+ TV 3 weeks ago for my LG 77" C1 and Hue HDMI sync box. They weren't able to do any kind of price adjustment, so I ordered another gradient lightship plus a hue motion sensor. My order was $50 less including the $50 motion sensor, and I have a shipping label to return my original order that I will send back when the new gradient lightship arrives. I'm in deep with hue and have 2 hubs running max capacity.
Do you need the bridge for these as well? Or did you already have one?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4472 posts
4782 upvotes
Alberta
gujusouljah wrote: Do you need the bridge for these as well? Or did you already have one?
Yes you do. I have 2 brides because I have ~100 lights and accessories which far exceeds the capacity of a single bridge. I wish that hue would release a new bridge to address this.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3002 posts
1155 upvotes
Windsor
haihai wrote: You can make lights, motion Sensors, etc. From different manufacturers to communicate with each other using a hub like smarthings, or sometimes by just doing some simple Alexa or google home routines
I have done the SmartThings thing, now on Hubitat (similar to SmartThings). I've lucked out and each of my Hue colour bulbs have never costed me more than $20 (those 3-4 bulb packs use to go on good sales).

My personal experience? I'll say, using a hub like that to bring different bulb brands together into a cohesive system is not easy. At minimum, you will have to manually program each bulb colour so they match, which SUUUCCCKKKSS. So, that's a few dozen colours that Alexa/Google know, but you'll probably have to limit it to the 3-4 colours you actually use otherwise you'll go insane. If you use the colour selector wheel, they simply can't work in tandem and have similar colour representation. Other bulbs REALLY suck for reliability (dropping from whatever network they use) and colour consistency (this is REALLY bad with Yeelight). I've only tried Lightify, Sengled, Yeelight and Wyze though, so there might be another brand I haven't tried. For me, the bulbs were at price parity basically due to deals, but the Hue ones work WAYYYY better. All of the apps are pretty bad, but the Hue one is the best of the bad.

Now, since Hue has basically become the defacto "good" bulb, the deals are way worse, and their new products are insanely overpriced. They've even cheapened their A19 bulbs without a price decrease (effectively, a price increase), which is sad. This deal is pretty bad based on historic deals, but unfortunately it's about as good as it gets with Hue these days. I'm hoping for something decent on Black Friday, I need another 30 colour bulbs.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6205 posts
3600 upvotes
Ottawa
Lush78 wrote: Yes you do. I have 2 brides because I have ~100 lights and accessories which far exceeds the capacity of a single bridge. I wish that hue would release a new bridge to address this.
Haha, everything you have double products than me, I though my 50 hue products are a lot. How big is your house?
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Aug 30, 2007
481 posts
892 upvotes
Calgary
sonyHdr12 wrote: Haha, everything you have double products than me, I though my 50 hue products are a lot. How big is your house?
No, you're right, 50 Hue products IS a lot!

I don't know if you and Lush78 realize this, but I'm pretty sure you both get a seat on Philips' Board, based on your investment in their company. Face With Tears Of Joy
Dec 9, 2008
51 posts
37 upvotes
brampton, ontario
Looking to replace my light bars behind the tv with the gradiant light strip. Thinking if I buy two can I return one later and keep the discount?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4472 posts
4782 upvotes
Alberta
sonyHdr12 wrote: Haha, everything you have double products than me, I though my 50 hue products are a lot. How big is your house?
My house isn't small, but it adds up quickly with track lighting, chandeliers, multi bulb fixtures, accent lighting, cabinets of collectibles, lamps, outdoor lighting, counters, path/stair lighting, etc. Add in motion sensor accessories and tap and dimmer switches and it's not hard to exceed the capacity of a single hub. I've been building on the hue system since inception.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2005
1003 posts
273 upvotes
Leduc
Shame bestbuy doesnt have the new gen bulbs listed. Been looking for some a19's.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6205 posts
3600 upvotes
Ottawa
Lush78 wrote: My house isn't small, but it adds up quickly with track lighting, chandeliers, multi bulb fixtures, accent lighting, cabinets of collectibles, lamps, outdoor lighting, counters, path/stair lighting, etc. Add in motion sensor accessories and tap and dimmer switches and it's not hard to exceed the capacity of a single hub. I've been building on the hue system since inception.
Do you really use the multicolour, I have them , but most time I don’t turn them into color.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3419 posts
1189 upvotes
Toronto
Wyze has a color light strip with zones launching soon, looking forward to see how that compares.

Personally although I love hue I don't see myself buying any more soon did to the steep price (even after 25% off) Last time I purchased hue was during another discount like this, except there was a way to stack another offer (Bestbuy error) which allowed you to get some products such as the 4 pack hue bulb colour kit for $87. I still have a couple packs in storage waiting to be used Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

Now I use a combination of wyze, hue, and other products/brands and configure everything like schedules and automation routines through home assistant.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4472 posts
4782 upvotes
Alberta
sonyHdr12 wrote: Do you really use the multicolour, I have them , but most time I don’t turn them into color.
Depends. Some of my accent lighting is colored, and I switch rooms to blue lighting when in movie mode. Night path/under bed lighting will be red. Bedroom lighting can change colors based on... umm the mood. But I mostly just adjust the color temperature for the majority of the lights. Day/night behavior is different is most rooms.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6205 posts
3600 upvotes
Ottawa
I bought some hue light strips for $40 a couple years ago I just used 2 of them , sold others, that regular inside strips can’t used behind the TV.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.