Best Buy

Philips Hue products buy 2 or more get 25% off

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 28th, 2021 11:31 am
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
1138 posts
73 upvotes
Jaytee wrote: I picked up a Hue Dimmer switch (version 1) for $12.99 at the Source in Fairview Mall (I got the last two) a few days ago so its worth checking out the Source for Hue deals.
Is this in store only? I just checked their website and both the old and new switch is full price…
Aug 25, 2012
302 posts
531 upvotes
VANCOUVER
IMO You are more unlikely to see significant sales in hue products as the older gen models cannot be purchased anymore and have already been cleared out. New gen bulbs, gradient strips, outdoor lighting, etc is and will be priced like a premium product. I’ve complimented my set from original gen - products have vastly improved since that time. Accessory items like taps and remotes or old strips may be found for cheap, but there’s only so much you can discount the cost of aluminum, glass, shipping, and the tech inside. Case in point, the table lamp.

On a side note, I have 2 original iris’ and I want to get my hands on some of the new ones to compare. Those are great. Paid $120 each back in 2017 ish? Price hasn’t changed much!
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Fact check, none of the above is valid.
Aug 25, 2012
302 posts
531 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I would buy the new iris and amarant
If you like them, please be sure to up vote my posts! When you upvote my posts, this is what happens:
My wife loves me more😂, my car goes faster😎, my house becomes bigger😐, My boss gives me a raise😁.

Jul 17, 2007
578 posts
185 upvotes
Be sure you want these specific products. Signify (Philips Hue) has a lot of great upgrade products releasing soon. At the premium this stuff has I prefer to wait for the new stuff. Also the official app has a few new features, although it is hated by many. The scenes will cycle through colors and there is also some integration with Spotify for music reactive color changes. I have used Prismify android app for music and it is great.

For example, there is a new Signe Gradient floor and table lamps:
https://www.philips-hue.com/en-us/p/hue ... 6677803490

New Philips Hue Gradient Lightstrip Ambiance Play Gradient Light Strip coming and should be cheaper than the Play Gradient Light Strip
https://homekitnews.com/2021/07/29/new- ... -revealed/

Subreddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hue/
Nov 18, 2017
26 posts
13 upvotes
What would I need to sync lights to my TV?
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1098 posts
636 upvotes
SASKATOON
zanewn wrote: The Signe table lamp is on sale until eod, combine with 25% is a pretty good deal.
Geez I ordered one off Amazon yesterday. What a deal too bad it’s sold out
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4441 posts
4695 upvotes
Alberta
Stasys wrote: What would I need to sync lights to my TV?
If you want to remain exclusively in the hue ecosystem, you will need the HDMI sync box. This will sync your TV with a variety of hue lights, bulbs and lightstrips. Fur the best results, you'll want to pair it up with the hue gradient lightstrip.
Nov 18, 2017
26 posts
13 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: If you want to remain exclusively in the hue ecosystem, you will need the HDMI sync box. This will sync your TV with a variety of hue lights, bulbs and lightstrips. Fur the best results, you'll want to pair it up with the hue gradient lightstrip.
I have some kasa lightswitches in the house so I'll need to be in both ecosystems regardless. I'm just looking for the lighting around the TV for now so I guess I need the sync box and the gradient lightstrip?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4441 posts
4695 upvotes
Alberta
Stasys wrote: I have some kasa lightswitches in the house so I'll need to be in both ecosystems regardless. I'm just looking for the lighting around the TV for now so I guess I need the sync box and the gradient lightstrip?
I also have many kasa devices and tie it all together with SmartThings and Google home. You could get away with just a normal lightstrip if syncing the lights to the video on the screen doesn't interest you. Before the gradient lightstrip and hue sync box, I used regular hue lightstrips. Now I use the gradient lightstrips on my 65 CX and 77 C1.
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19859 posts
3842 upvotes
Toronto
Lush78 wrote: If you want to remain exclusively in the hue ecosystem, you will need the HDMI sync box. This will sync your TV with a variety of hue lights, bulbs and lightstrips. Fur the best results, you'll want to pair it up with the hue gradient lightstrip.
If you don't want to buy the sync box you can just hook your TV to your computer and download the Hue Sync program to have your lights sync to your computer output. It's really nice for immersion in games and things like Disney+. Netflix gives it trouble though.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4441 posts
4695 upvotes
Alberta
Piro21 wrote: If you don't want to buy the sync box you can just hook your TV to your computer and download the Hue Sync program to have your lights sync to your computer output. It's really nice for immersion in games and things like Disney+. Netflix gives it trouble though.
Yeah, I've used this method with games and music played through my computer before. Works well.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2004
1111 posts
559 upvotes
Calabogie, ON
Has anyone been able to get the discount on 3 or more products? Still only discounts the lowest 2. Anyone call in?
#melnykout
Sep 7, 2014
788 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
dogbolter wrote: Has anyone been able to get the discount on 3 or more products? Still only discounts the lowest 2. Anyone call in?
It does not work.

Luckily I wanted '4' so placed two separate orders
Jan 14, 2014
119 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone else have issues with the hue lightstrips adhesive coming off over time? I had them on my computer monitor and required almost a daily adjustment. It got to the point where I just gave up and took them off and turned off my bridge.

I really wanted the hdmi box and play gradient strip for a 60 inch tv but the costs outweighs the benefit at this time. Hoping a basement remodel will do the trick. Also the $300 box not having hdmi 2.1output is a big no no for me for 4K 120hz gaming.
Aug 25, 2012
302 posts
531 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Yes mine are 2 years old and due to the heat the tape has lost its adhesion. Just bought double sided scotch tape to fix.
m3llow wrote: Does anyone else have issues with the hue lightstrips adhesive coming off over time? I had them on my computer monitor and required almost a daily adjustment. It got to the point where I just gave up and took them off and turned off my bridge.

I really wanted the hdmi box and play gradient strip for a 60 inch tv but the costs outweighs the benefit at this time. Hoping a basement remodel will do the trick. Also the $300 box not having hdmi 2.1output is a big no no for me for 4K 120hz gaming.

Aug 25, 2012
302 posts
531 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Not a bad price on 2x of the 3 pack A19 Bluetooth bulbs.

Reg $320, sale price $204 with tax.
Images
  • C9802D86-156E-4216-BC07-950E9D2F248C.png

Dec 24, 2011
522 posts
349 upvotes
toronto
m3llow wrote: Does anyone else have issues with the hue lightstrips adhesive coming off over time? I had them on my computer monitor and required almost a daily adjustment. It got to the point where I just gave up and took them off and turned off my bridge.

Yes i had it on my basement staircase and they were constantly on in the evening after 2 years the tape started wearing off. Got new 3m tape strip and problem solved.
Apr 30, 2018
62 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
nicknam4e wrote: Smart switches/dimmer > smart bulbs Electric Light Bulb However color bulbs is a different story.
Not if your house is wired with sometimes 5way switches like mine lol. It's rare to find a single bulb not operated by at least a 2way. I use smart switch/dimmers for the regular ones.

I bought hue on deep discount couple of years ago on Rona. Highly regret not buying more back then.
Apr 16, 2012
21 posts
37 upvotes
EDMONTON
I use a mix of dimmer and non dimmer Kasa switches for regular wired switches.

Philips hue whites and a dimmer switches on the 3-way setup. and on the masters bedroom where i need a physical switch to control both main lights and the night stand lampshade

Hue lightstrip's adhesive peel over time, even if I used gorilla glue double sided. i was desperate, so i end up glue gunning it at the back of a dresser.