• Jan 3rd, 2022 1:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1163 posts
281 upvotes
hackoder wrote: For someone looking to get into the ecosystem, what is considered a decent price for these bulbs? Specifically looking at the philips hue color or white ambiance.
If you're willing to wait for one of these Home Depot clearance deals, scour your city for availability, and then wait for Home Depot employees to struggle to find the items you can get colour bulbs for < $30. I have never found stock at any of the 3 Home Depots near me or The Source when they had a 4 bulb starter kit for $100 in November 2021 (that was a huge YMMV).

Perhaps it isn't in true RFD spirit, but I'm not interested in waiting for a clearance sale and then running around trying to find bulbs and a dimmer and then setting up a time to meet someone off Kijiji to buy a bridge/hub. Someone above posted about $26 bulbs, the best I see on Kijiji is a $45 bridge, and the lowest dimmer price on amazon per CCC in recent years is $24 - that's $147. My time is worth more than the $13 I'd save and that isn't even taking into account that it gets delivered to my house. But everyone values their time and money differently and some people apparently have time machines.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)