Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Plantronics BackBeat Pro II

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2018 10:31 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2012
5036 posts
1717 upvotes
Charlottetown
MooseOnLoose wrote: No, and I didn't realize that was a thing. In bluetooth mode, playback pauses frequently on both my mac and my iphone. Will this firmware download resolve it?
probably,makes them less sensitive to headphone movement (which pauses them), i noticed big difference.
May 7, 2015
102 posts
179 upvotes
Edmonton
townie22 wrote: probably,makes them less sensitive to headphone movement (which pauses them), i noticed big difference.
You can also us the Hub software to disable that functionality entirely. I wear a lot of knit caps (especially in winter/spring) and disabling the automatic pausing was a life-saver.
Oct 22, 2006
688 posts
305 upvotes
funt3k wrote: You can also us the Hub software to disable that functionality entirely. I wear a lot of knit caps (especially in winter/spring) and disabling the automatic pausing was a life-saver.
You can disable the auto pause feature by "Enabling or disabling sensors: When your headphones are powered on and in an idle state, press and hold the Mic button and the Call button for more than 4 seconds until you hear "Smart sensors off". Repeat to reactivate".

Don't necessarily need any software.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
JustinZ wrote: i found these to be pretty uncomfortable...

debating on whether i should both bringing these on a trip as they're huge and dont fold... may just be better to bring a pair of jaybirds
Uh they do fold
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
User381785 wrote: Uh they do fold
No they don't. Just the ear muffs that can be turned flat
Oct 22, 2006
688 posts
305 upvotes
Personally for the cost, i like them. I don't find them uncomfortable. Sure they don't fold as well as some other small units, the muffs do fold and once you throw them in a bag they are not bad. I think a bit of the bulk make them feel solid. Anyhows those are my personal thoughts and would recommend them.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2204 posts
3203 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: No they don't. Just the ear muffs that can be turned flat
That's called folding
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
There's an issue with them using bluetooth connection and laptop...perhaps it's just my laptop setup.

It loses connection and then you can't connect back unless you reboot the laptop.

It will also happen when you use the sensor and spotify. It would stop playing on the laptop but then would not be able to resume back
Oct 22, 2006
688 posts
305 upvotes
mtlmonk wrote: There's an issue with them using bluetooth connection and laptop...perhaps it's just my laptop setup.

It loses connection and then you can't connect back unless you reboot the laptop.

It will also happen when you use the sensor and spotify. It would stop playing on the laptop but then would not be able to resume back
Have you tried them with your phone ? That will point to where the issue is.
May 11, 2014
488 posts
217 upvotes
MTL, QC
MooseOnLoose wrote: The bluetooth fails often with my iPhone. Like, every 20-40 min of listening it stops or something.
Try to disable the smart sensors with the plantronics official app (Plantronics Hub) and it will be ok.
Plantronics Hub

EDIT (Thanks for sharing) :
warhawk wrote: You can disable the auto pause feature by "Enabling or disabling sensors: When your headphones are powered on and in an idle state, press and hold the Mic button and the Call button for more than 4 seconds until you hear "Smart sensors off". Repeat to reactivate".

Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2008
1327 posts
993 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
warhawk wrote: You can disable the auto pause feature by "Enabling or disabling sensors: When your headphones are powered on and in an idle state, press and hold the Mic button and the Call button for more than 4 seconds until you hear "Smart sensors off". Repeat to reactivate".

[/quote]

This totally worked for me, thanks! And is a better solution than the app, because it instantly resolves it for my mac and for my iphone. It was very annoying to have it pause for no reason, and while it was nice to have them pause when removing the headphones, it seemed buggy, so I don't really need that.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1291 posts
1796 upvotes
Montr
Price matched pccanada for 137$

Thanks
Aug 3, 2016
16 posts
8 upvotes
Successfully priced matched a pair yesterday at BestBuy downtown Montreal. Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)