• Mar 1st, 2016 1:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2014
1237 posts
3707 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Playstation 4 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - $79.99

Best Buy has the PS4 Gold Wireless headset on sale for $79.99 as part of their one day flash sale. This is a pretty good price for a pretty well reviewed set of headphones. Free shipping is included.
Images
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
7072 posts
397 upvotes
Great headset, PM at Stooples maybe, for further discount.
Btw, I used these on PS3/PS4/XBONE/PC/iPhone and they're great.
With the Canadian dollar the way it is, I don't think we'll see the great prices from 1-2 years ago,
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Sep 20, 2010
244 posts
141 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: Great headset, PM at Stooples maybe, for further discount.
Btw, I used these on PS3/PS4/XBONE/PC/iPhone and they're great.
With the Canadian dollar the way it is, I don't think we'll see the great prices from 1-2 years ago,
Agreed. Great headphones. Bought a 2nd pair (still in the box lol) for $49.99 during black friday, but you're right, not likely to see these drop that low again. Good deal!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2797 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto
Damn been watching these forever. And missed it last time at shoppers. Except I just bought 2 pairs of those turtle beach recon 50x's from the other thread for $17.xx each...

Hard to justify a third set at 4x the cost now :( lol
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
not including the $20 price error, I think $60 is the price to beat for this headphone, and it happened a couple of times (BB, Stooples)
Oct 26, 2001
562 posts
107 upvotes
Saskatoon
acekiller wrote: not including the $20 price error, I think $60 is the price to beat for this headphone, and it happened a couple of times (BB, Stooples)
When the dollar was >85 cents, yes.
This is a good price, I love the ease of wireless use on these things. Just plug in and they work, no need to have wires running into break out boxes and crap. I wish more PS4 headphones were this seamless, I'd imagine Sony has a lock down on allowing it though, eh?
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2011
1091 posts
229 upvotes
good headset, picked up a couple with the price error. a couple years ago.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3053 posts
1611 upvotes
Canada
Can also find these at SDM, good if you have Optimum Points built up!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3278 posts
3005 upvotes
Ottawa
Ugh. I've been wanting these for a good solid couple months now. Especially since my Sony XB950BT wireless headphones are not compatible with the PS4 at all.

How strange that a $200 pair of headphones cannot wirelessly connect to fellow Sony brand. Really pissed off about that still.

Probably gonna pass on this deal. Already spent too much money in the last three days.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1473 posts
353 upvotes
How do these compare against regular headphones?... excluding the mic functionality which is a non-factor to me. Wireless isn't really a big deal either as they would be for home use. Is there any advantage in sound quality in gaming headsets?

I picked these Bose ones up a couple weeks ago - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/bos ... 0dr.%20dre

They would be used primarily for gaming/movies... anything on the go with music I'd just use standard in-ear headphones.

Comfort is MASSIVE to me. I get headaches/sore ears fairly easily when headphones are too tight. That's why I like the Bose ones as they're really light. I need to pick up headphones in the next couple weeks so any tips/help would be greatly appreciated.
Oct 26, 2001
562 posts
107 upvotes
Saskatoon
signore wrote: How do these compare against regular headphones?... excluding the mic functionality which is a non-factor to me. Wireless isn't really a big deal either as they would be for home use. Is there any advantage in sound quality in gaming headsets?

I picked these Bose ones up a couple weeks ago - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/bos ... 0dr.%20dre

They would be used primarily for gaming/movies... anything on the go with music I'd just use standard in-ear headphones.

Comfort is MASSIVE to me. I get headaches/sore ears fairly easily when headphones are too tight. That's why I like the Bose ones as they're really light. I need to pick up headphones in the next couple weeks so any tips/help would be greatly appreciated.
Comfort isn't fantastic with these, but it's fine. The thing you buy these for is really good PS4 7.1VSS and really clean wireless connectivity. If you don't care about surround or cords all over, just get whatever set is comfortable for you.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3278 posts
3005 upvotes
Ottawa
RedRooster wrote: Comfort isn't fantastic with these, but it's fine. The thing you buy these for is really good PS4 7.1VSS and really clean wireless connectivity. If you don't care about surround or cords all over, just get whatever set is comfortable for you.
Yeah, the 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound is the best *wireless* sound you can get for sub $100.

If you want the best sound money can buy for your console experience, Astros. But... yeah. Who's spending $300+ on those? Only the professional gamers.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2007
1672 posts
167 upvotes
York Region
Jeroyds wrote: How does this compare to the original PS3 Wireless Headset?

http://www.amazon.ca/PS3-Wireless-Stere ... B0053OLY9O

I've been using this on the PS4 for a while and it seems to work fine.

Any improvement in sound quality? or justification for upgrading?

Thanks.
Yeah, I own the older set myself using it on both PS3 & PS4. Would like to know as well, anyone own both?
If so is it worth upgrade...?
Purchase from a trusted RFD (seller & buyer) 100% positive feedback. Your assured for a safe and clean transaction. Located in the York Region. Can ship at your expense if paying by EMT, please no trades-PM is the key!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1473 posts
353 upvotes
RedRooster wrote: Comfort isn't fantastic with these, but it's fine. The thing you buy these for is really good PS4 7.1VSS and really clean wireless connectivity. If you don't care about surround or cords all over, just get whatever set is comfortable for you.
Is the 7.1 VSS something that wouldn't be included in the Bose headphones?