• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2016 7:14 am
Tags:
[OP]
May 30, 2011
974 posts
1371 upvotes

[Best Buy] Playstation 4 The Last of Us (TLOU) PS4 $29.99

Best Buy is selling physical copy of Playstation 4 PS4 The Last of Us for $29.99. Original price was $54.99. Sale ends June 23, 2016.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/the ... 88687.aspx
23 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1430 posts
1829 upvotes
Proce isn't super hot but this is hands down the best game ive ever played.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
4650 posts
4441 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
How is this game still so much money?

I paid $39.99 back in September 2014!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5333 posts
3366 upvotes
Toronto
Preowned copies are $24.99 but no free shipping unless you need something else. This is the lowest price I've seen a physical copy in a long time...
Oct 11, 2014
319 posts
234 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
I agree the games been out for awhile but I feel this is a good price. I've been eyeing this for awhile and it hasn't dropped as much as I hoped. $29.99 seems like a food price considering that it doesn't fluctuate much.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9249 posts
3746 upvotes
The Last of Us Remastered and GTA V are two games that rarely stay down in price besides Nintendo games.
Nintendo games usually stay at a $60-70 price point even several years after the title originally releases.

It includes the Left Behind story DLC which is also excellent and all the new maps and modes that were later added to the online multiplayer separate mode.
Jan 27, 2010
225 posts
100 upvotes
Terrana
If you've been thinking about it, do it. Fantastic game.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1488 posts
609 upvotes
London
I think the reason the price is so high is that some people got it as a digital download for free with their system--to the point where the digital copy is so cheap to buy that they've (I'm assuming) ceased production of the physical discs. I'm wondering if it's going to be rare for awhile to own a physical copy. I'm also surprised that the price hasn't dropped yet so I think this can be the only explanation for it. It truly is the best game I've played so far (since Metal Gear Solid) and if you haven't played it yet I think you owe it to yourself.
Dec 3, 2011
781 posts
194 upvotes
Vancouver
one of the best games I've ever played....
....until hollywood ruins it with another crapfest video game movie with no plot line and the rock as the main character
Nov 25, 2013
225 posts
117 upvotes
Mississauga
lol i rem i paid like $20 for this 1.5 years ago on some random website.

Great game, good ***** . $30 still worth.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6669 posts
3689 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Best
Game
Ever
Made

Period!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3810 posts
4014 upvotes
Ottawa
Best
Game
Ever
Made
That
I
Still
Haven't
Played
Yet

:(

It's just sitting on my PS4, looking at me.
Dec 10, 2013
391 posts
126 upvotes
KITCHENER
Batarang wrote: Best
Game
Ever
Made
That
I
Still
Haven't
Played
Yet

:(

It's just sitting on my PS4, looking at me.
mine too... lol

i think i got mine for $15 20 at the most from BB over a year ago when they had a price error with buy 2 get a discount
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2479 posts
1459 upvotes
Scarborough
loved it, but could not get into the dlc
Apr 30, 2016
475 posts
283 upvotes
GTA
Is it worth buying again on the ps4?

I played the story on the PS3 but I haven't played the dlc story and I have it as well.

Is the online community active on the ps4? What about the PS3?

I agree best game ever played.....like 3 years ago lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2814 posts
3581 upvotes
Calgary
To echo the sentiments of others, definitely one of the best games out there. I don't mind double dipping to play it again, but I'll wait for the $20 price point.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1240 upvotes
Toronto
droccerp94 wrote: Is it worth buying again on the ps4?

I played the story on the PS3 but I haven't played the dlc story and I have it as well.

Is the online community active on the ps4? What about the PS3?

I agree best game ever played.....like 3 years ago lol.
I've been away from the game for a long time, but quite a few people including me were upset they introduced new weapons as DLCs. Not because they were overpriced or that DLCs are inherently bad or anything, but some of those weapons fundamentally changed the balance of the game in a way that didn't make a whole lot of sense.

But I think even before that the player base on PS4 had started to wane a bit. It wasn't hard to find a game by any means, but it was often the same group of high level players you've played previously.

The Left Behind DLC is totally worth playing on any platform. I can't really recommend paying $25 just to play that on PS4 though.
Apr 30, 2016
475 posts
283 upvotes
GTA
Iodine wrote: I've been away from the game for a long time, but quite a few people including me were upset they introduced new weapons as DLCs. Not because they were overpriced or that DLCs are inherently bad or anything, but some of those weapons fundamentally changed the balance of the game in a way that didn't make a whole lot of sense.

But I think even before that the player base on PS4 had started to wane a bit. It wasn't hard to find a game by any means, but it was often the same group of high level players you've played previously.

The Left Behind DLC is totally worth playing on any platform. I can't really recommend paying $25 just to play that on PS4 though.
great, thanks for the insight. I think I will wait for a price drop even further or buy the digital copy when it goes below $15 (I remember seeing it before around $10 US).

I should really play the DLC on the PS3!