Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4281 posts
6850 upvotes
Toronto

[Best Buy] Playstation 5 In Stock In Stores at Best Buy Digital and Disc

Digital: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pl ... 44&irgwc=1

Disc: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/pl ... 44&irgwc=1

I'm still seeing stock across many locations.

**Guys, some are saying on twitter they went straight to the store and they were able to buy it without reserving it. There is a good chance Best Buy has stopped in store reservations online because the website kept crashing. Call or visit your local Best Buy for stock on digital and disc**

Just in time for tomorrow's big Playstation Showcase.

Last edited by Nexzen on Sep 8th, 2021 2:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
86 replies
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20951 posts
1205 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I'm seeing availability at several BBs locally, but after entering my information, it tells me it's OOS. Every location that I've tried is giving me that problem. Not sure if there are any issues with BB's website or not.
Jun 27, 2019
11 posts
10 upvotes
Sgt_Strider wrote: I'm seeing availability at several BBs locally, but after entering my information, it tells me it's OOS. Every location that I've tried is giving me that problem. Not sure if there are any issues with BB's website or not.
also got OOS after the queue
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1728 posts
2257 upvotes
People still clamoring for a system that has no games?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4281 posts
6850 upvotes
Toronto
Sgt_Strider wrote: I'm seeing availability at several BBs locally, but after entering my information, it tells me it's OOS. Every location that I've tried is giving me that problem. Not sure if there are any issues with BB's website or not.
it could be crashing from a lot of ppl trying, I was able to reserve one but it is crashing and doing lots of weird stuff lol
Apr 2, 2017
289 posts
178 upvotes
Won't go to checkout (past email/name page). Likely a bug.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4281 posts
6850 upvotes
Toronto
User381785 wrote: People still clamoring for a system that has no games?
you're such a gamer. you're so cool.
Last edited by Nexzen on Sep 8th, 2021 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
20951 posts
1205 upvotes
Shanghai, China
I'm getting the feeling now that the stock availability isn't in real-time. What a waste of time...
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12159 posts
2314 upvotes
Mississauga
That's a tired and outdated joke.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2009
1280 posts
244 upvotes
Please be patient with the site issues while scalper bots buy all stock nationwide. Thank-you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4281 posts
6850 upvotes
Toronto
jetfire33 wrote: Please be patient with the site issues while scalper bots buy all stock nationwide. Thank-you.
there r no bots with this, you have to manually type down ur info and go pick it up in store. I don't think you understand bots.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4281 posts
6850 upvotes
Toronto
maritrunks wrote: Can't checkout, keeps saying its not available for instore pickup. I tried like 10 times now and various locations
it could be all sold out by now, I'm seeing crashes like crazy bah I would say keep trying for a bit.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2009
1280 posts
244 upvotes
Nexzen wrote: there r no bots with this, you have to manually type down ur info and go pick it up in store. I don't think you understand bots.
Bots can buy them for in-store pickup as well, using real people's info (scalpers and people the scalpers pay to help). Said individuals then go pick the units up in store and list them on Kijiji / eBay / etc.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2015
1062 posts
1476 upvotes
As compared to what? I've literally beaten Miles Morales, Astro's Playroom, Demons Souls, Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and Returnal (though the experience sucked) already. On my Series X, all I have played new is beating all of Twelve Minutes and Psychonauts 2. I tried Flight Sim for an hour or two.

This is just how the launch year has been due to covid-19. I spent almost a year during my xbox 360 launch playing CoD2, project gotham racing 4, kameo and perfect dark.

PS5 has been a solid purchase for me, my first sony console at launch. Even if I'd beaten games like Last of Us 2 and God of War previously on PS4. I can now play Horizon Zero Dawn at 60fps just before forbidden west comes. Plus all these other games I missed out on. With the way the shortage is, buying a Series X and PS5 still makes sense versus building. You get consoles giving you RTX 2080 level graphics or better, plus your old library continues with new patches to a lot of games for $599 and $629. No brainer if you enjoy gaming.
jetfire33 wrote: Bots can buy them for in-store pickup as well, using real people's info (scalpers and people the scalpers pay to help). Said individuals then go pick the units up in store and list them on Kijiji / eBay / etc.
A lot of people just blame bots for missing out. Yes many people use programs, but these types of drops are not out because of bots. It's literally them getting a few thousand units or less and then having hundreds of thousands try and buy once word gets out. Most mass bot buying happens when people are made aware of in advance and for a specific website. And even then, it's getting harder to them. But many of the stores are only reactive, not proactive.
Last edited by Harold91 on Sep 8th, 2021 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Feb 4, 2019
515 posts
785 upvotes
It's worth it just for the 60fps on the PS4 games. Days Gone, TLOU2, Ratchet & Clank, God of War, AC Valhalla, CoD Cold War, Ghosts of Tsushima, and Control all look and play great (can't speak for the recent Horizon Zero Dawn update). Add PS5 games like Miles Morales, R & C Rift Apart, Returnal, Demon's Souls, and Astro's Playroom and there is stuff to keep a person busy for sure.
Last edited by AGTOM83 on Sep 8th, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3374 posts
3935 upvotes
AGTOM83 wrote: It's worth it just for the 60fps on the PS4 games. Days Gone, TLOU2, Ratchet & Clank, God of War, AC Valhalla, CoD Cold War, Ghosts of Tsushima all look and play great (can't speak for the recent Horizon Zero Dawn update). Add PS5 games like Miles Morales, R & C Rift Apart, Returnal, Demon's Soul, and Astro's Playroom and there is stuff to keep a person busy for sure.
Just playing ffxiv should keep anyone occupied. The load times in between areas are crazy fast on the PS5, in comparison to PS4.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2788 posts
1396 upvotes
EDMONTON
AGTOM83 wrote: It's worth it just for the 60fps on the PS4 games. Days Gone, TLOU2, Ratchet & Clank, God of War, AC Valhalla, CoD Cold War, Ghosts of Tsushima all look and play great (can't speak for the recent Horizon Zero Dawn update). Add PS5 games like Miles Morales, R & C Rift Apart, Returnal, Demon's Soul, and Astro's Playroom and there is stuff to keep a person busy for sure.
Agreed! Totally worth it just for the upgraded PS4 games. There is such a huge library of great ps4 games to catch up on if you're super casual like me.

I picked up Horizon Zero Dawn again and played a few hours at 60FPS.

I wish the PS5 had come out when I was super into Monster Hunter World/Iceborne. The fast load times and 60FPS would have been amazing. Monster Hunter Rise is such trash playing at sub 20-ish framerates.
Last edited by umadbrah on Sep 8th, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
teksavvy sucks
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1728 posts
2257 upvotes
Talamasca wrote: That's a tired and outdated joke.
How so? Other than ports, there are next to no games available for this system. And it's been over a year now. The problem is plaguing the XBox as well.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4281 posts
6850 upvotes
Toronto
I think the website is just crashing, I have a feeling stock is still available.