Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Best Buy] Playstation Classic Console Pre-Orders Open (Various retailers)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2018 4:42 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2012
123 posts
155 upvotes

[Best Buy] Playstation Classic Console Pre-Orders Open (Various retailers)

*** Please use this thread for all Playstation Classic Preorder "deal" discussion ***

Links to other retailers:

Walmart preorder link

EBGames preorder link

London Drugs preorder link

The Source preorder link

Greetings Playstation fans,

I noticed Best Buy just opened the floodgates for the Playstation Classic. I've no idea how limited these units will be... heck, we don't even know the full library yet (as only 5 games have been announced thus far)... but might as well pre-order now and you can always cancel prior to the shipping date if you change your mind!
Last edited by RFDSimon on Sep 27th, 2018 11:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added The Source
Thread Summary
Games list:

Battle Arena Toshinden
Cool Boarders 2
Destruction Derby
Final Fantasy VII
Grand Theft Auto
Intelligent Qube
Jumping Flash
Metal Gear Solid
Driller
Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
Rayman
Resident Evil Director’s Cut
Revelations: Persona
Ridge Racer Type 4
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Syphon Filter
Tekken 3
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
Twisted Metal
Wild Arms
313 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2745 posts
2258 upvotes
Ottawa
Got one. Thanks.

We'll see if it's any good or not. No AC adapter has a lot of people pissed off though.
May 20, 2008
402 posts
191 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
Over 8000 in stock right now. Looks like everyone will have a chance to get this.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2012
123 posts
155 upvotes
Batarang wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 1:54 pm
Got one. Thanks.

We'll see if it's any good or not. No AC adapter has a lot of people pissed off though.
yea, the lack of an AC adapter is a nintendo moment. that said, the supplied usb cable will also power the unit should you have a free usb port on your tv/monitor (in which case you will not need an ac adapter). there is also the mysterious bay cover on the back which some people are speculating could be a cartridge slot of some kind to allow for additional games down the line... then again, it could just be cosmetic and serve no other purpose. also, since the controller ports will use a usb connection, it is possible that our dualshock 3/4 controllers will be compatible with the device. we will find out soon enough!
Last edited by xristophoros on Sep 20th, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
2745 posts
2258 upvotes
Ottawa
xristophoros wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:03 pm
yea, the lack of an AC adapter is a nintendo moment. that said, the supplied usb cable will also power the unit should you have a free usb port on your tv/monitor (in which case you will not need an ac adapter). there is also the mysterious bay cover on the back which some people are speculating could be a cartridge slot of some kind to allow for additional games down the line... then again, it could just be cosmetic and serve no other purpose. also, since the controller ports will use a usb connection, it is possible that our dualshock1/2/3/4 controllers will be compatible with the device. we will find out soon enough!
Thanks for the extra information. Definitely helpful for others too I'm sure.

I really hope that these things are mod-able, so that you can add other games. One game I really want to be able to play again is Bloody Roar. This thing would be 100% worth the $150 price point (after tax) if you can add any game you want to it.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13073 posts
3389 upvotes
Montreal
No AC adapter + Sony being quiet about the full title list = Me Waiting it Out.

Not putting an AC adapter in there is pure idiocy and I hope they get a lot of returns because of this stupid decision. It's not even like Nintendo saying "just use your old adapter" - sure it's a lame excuse, but there is no "old adapter" in this case. :facepalm:
FourDollarama Shut Down My Thread!
Feb 19, 2006
872 posts
153 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thanks OP. Managed to get a pre order through bestbuy.ca
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13073 posts
3389 upvotes
Montreal
xristophoros wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:03 pm
yea, the lack of an AC adapter is a nintendo moment.
Actually no, as Nintendo used the excuse of people already owning a 3DS and that they "could just use their old adapter" - how many people other there already own an unreleased PS1 Classic? :rolleyes:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
5727 posts
2320 upvotes
Canada
FreddDaSilva wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 1:57 pm
Over 8000 in stock right now. Looks like everyone will have a chance to get this.
how do you check that?
Koodo and Tangerine customer
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
13073 posts
3389 upvotes
Montreal
Redmask wrote:
Sep 20th, 2018 2:10 pm
I care a lot more about the wired controllers than a power adapter. Ugh wired controllers :(
Yeah, this is a well-thought-out design all around... if you're an penny-counting executive at Sony who wants another gold back scratcher.

Those Sony bean counters sure are in it for the gamers, huh? :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5098 posts
807 upvotes
Calgary
i don't know why but i ordered one... at least i have a couple months to decide.
Jul 12, 2011
328 posts
95 upvotes
MARKHAM
Only 20 games? May buy if it included more but nah.
Last edited by MobyZz on Sep 20th, 2018 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 10, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
That's a pretty penny for a mini.. but, add it to the collection. Thanks for the heads up!