[Best Buy] PlayStation Now 12 Month Subscription - Digital Download - $59.99

[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2379 posts
4426 upvotes
Windsor

[Best Buy] PlayStation Now 12 Month Subscription - Digital Download - $59.99

You can also download PS4 games to your console.
46 replies
May 29, 2017
235 posts
164 upvotes
think only a few games you can download to your system. That was my only issue I had with PS now, but overall great concept. So many games I had on *waitlist* due to school so once I finished PSNow was such a great inexpensive way to catch up
Jul 28, 2018
197 posts
163 upvotes
That’s Plus not Now it’s two different things
Sep 26, 2010
894 posts
169 upvotes
Had this for a year. It’s a neat service but only if you’re on a really tight gaming budget. It works well enough on PC too. The streaming image quality is quite poor.

For casual gaming, jump on a discount Gamepass sub instead, old xbox ones can be had cheap.
Aug 9, 2018
101 posts
26 upvotes
what kind of games do you usually play on ps now, do you always swap games often since they are free?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
3408 posts
3066 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
PS Now is so sucky.

I wouldn't use it. If it was free
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1549 posts
1868 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
cazzo1980 wrote: 46.99 now at Costco for members.
You're referring to PlayStation Plus; this thread is about PlayStation Now.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2855 posts
3671 upvotes
Calgary
In the one year I had PS Now, I found it quite horrible as a streaming service. Lag, stutter, random disconnects... you name it. I'm playing on a fiber gigabit connection so bandwidth and latency is not an issue on my end. Luckily, you're able to download PS4 games so those issues can be ignored once the game is on your console. If you plan to play PS3 and older titles, just be aware the experience is lackluster at best, and all sorts of terrible in between.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3014 posts
1727 upvotes
I used it for two months to play a few games during a trial and also a cheap deal.

I had no issues with streaming.

In fact me and a buddy played that NBA Jam style wrestling game as a test. He lives IN BC, I am in Ontario. We streamed the game instead of downloading, and played versus. Neither of us noticed any discernable lag when inputting commands in an action game.

If I had kids, or didn't have a huge backlog of my own games, I would see this as a good service. I have Gamepass on the Xbox, but prefer to be able to stream the game instead of downloading and having to delete games off my PS5 just see if a game interests me.

But again, I had no lag or disconnect issues.
Aug 22, 2012
338 posts
312 upvotes
I bought a month on discount

Compared to GamePass, PS Now is dogshit.

I won't go into the benefits or advantages of GamePass, so instead I'll point out why PS Now sucks:

The majority of the games are streaming only. Not only can they be laggy (even on a gigabit wired connection) but they also crash.

The lag isn't the biggest issue though. It's the TIMEOUT after 10 minutes of inactivity. Playing a game with sparse save points? Don't even bother. It doesn't save your game state, you just have to start from the last save/checkpoint after getting kicked
After playing through half of Pixeljunk Monsters (Casual stage based game), I wouldn't dare touch any of the RPGs.

The only positive thing that I got out of my month of PS Now was that I was able to play through the new Avengers game which, while repetitive and something I wouldn't buy, was pretty fun. I was able to download that one. If it was streamed I wouldn't have bothered

My opinion is stay far away unless they revamp the whole service
Jul 5, 2015
56 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto, ON
is PS Now at least not laggy and can play fine? I beat Cyberpunk 2077 on Stadia and it was a great experience with near zero input lag and great graphics despite so-so rogers internet speed. PS NOW when I played 2-3 years ago, sometimes it was so laggy especially for games like Horizon I couldn't play.
Mar 15, 2011
8 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
I've been playing PS Now over the last year and really enjoyed it. There were small lags here and there but is lag free most of the time. The benefit of streaming is that you can play a bigger variety of games without them taking up your hard drive. Having said that, you won't have any problems with lag if you download them. Also, pretty much all of PS2 and PS4 games can be downloaded. Only PS3 games cannot be download. Not sure why, but I've heard that the PS3 was a unique console and that the CPU was actually more powerful than the PS4, hence games not being compatible if downloaded on the PS4. Paying $4-$5 a month is definitely worth it. New games are added monthly and the lineup is getting better each month.
Last edited by bh_20 on Jun 1st, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4048 posts
1457 upvotes
I have had ps now since the beginning of the year, got it for $60. It’s a pretty good service, they add new games every month like ps plus but they are older games. This month they have the Witcher 3, team so nice, virtua fighter and slay the spider.

For $60, I think it’s a great deal since there were some old games I wanted to replay like MGS5 and God of War 3. I had no issues with lag so I was happy. The only issue I had were the load times.