Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Polk Audio Omni SB1+ 350-Watt Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer $340 AFTER PM with Gibbys ($1000 at Best Buy)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1760 posts
4920 upvotes

[Best Buy] Polk Audio Omni SB1+ 350-Watt Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer $340 AFTER PM with Gibbys ($1000 at Best Buy)

This is an interesting deal...

Best Buy is selling the Polk Audio Omni SB1 Plus 350-Watt Sound Bar with Wireless Subwoofer for $1000, while Gibbys Electronics is selling it for $400. Price Match at Best Buy and get it for $340 (10% of the difference= extra $60 in savings).

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/po ... 09018.aspx?

https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... fer-black/

I had no issues price matching in store at Best Buy earlier today :)

Gibby's is also selling their B Stock (refurb, return, demo or open box units) for $300. So you could save more money if you don't mind B stock from Gibby's.

https://gibbyselectronicsupermarket.ca/ ... k-b-stock/
59 replies
Jul 4, 2006
246 posts
405 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting deal...I wonder if this will work in BC. There's no Gibbys around here but it looks like they would do free shipping to BC as well.
May 18, 2010
499 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
Don’t need... but wannnnnnnntttttt
Sep 29, 2015
472 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This is an older bar - been out for a while but very well reviewed. It also never goes on sale here in Canada. I don't need one but if I did I wouldn't hesitate.
May 22, 2015
180 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Chancy21 wrote: Don’t need... but wannnnnnnntttttt
I was able to do PM with BB over phone but as i was about to place order i withdrew my decision ... dont want another hole of 400$ in my pocket
Mar 12, 2012
78 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks for posting, just completed the purchase through the website. Placed order at $1000, called and price matched and had price drop by $660. Pretty great deal, was in the market for a new sound system. Thanks again!
Sep 29, 2015
472 posts
558 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Alright I pulled the trigger. Not sure why - already have a JBL SB400. *sigh*
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
23729 posts
188708 upvotes
GTA
It's an awesome deal, especially being low profile, wireless sub + Play-fi compatibility. Not likely to find something comparable at this price. Wish I was in the market...
Nov 20, 2008
381 posts
86 upvotes
i just got denied PM on the phone with best buy.... the CSR claimed they don't match "special sale prices" .... what's the point of this policy then!?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2788 posts
1953 upvotes
GTA
msprnt wrote: i just got denied PM on the phone with best buy.... the CSR claimed they don't match "special sale prices" .... what's the point of this policy then!?
Try calling back because it's been known Best Buy uses these tactics... I've been told they don't price match sale prices. Like what? Or how about this one: because the web site displays the quantity they have, they don't price match because of "limited quantity". Absolutely ludicrous when you have to deal with such idiocy. So might as well be calm and waste as much of your/their time because that's the game.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1760 posts
4920 upvotes
msprnt wrote: i just got denied PM on the phone with best buy.... the CSR claimed they don't match "special sale prices" .... what's the point of this policy then!?
See this link: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/help/lowes ... sntqualify

"Special sale prices include: VIP SALE, Black Friday, Friends and Family, Cyber Monday, Boxing Day/Week, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) prices, open box products, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, demos, refurbished items, and financing offers."

Call back and argue if necessary. This is a valid price match.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1417 posts
205 upvotes
Visions has this for 399 and free shipping for those who don't get PM
Dec 3, 2009
305 posts
148 upvotes
Simcoe County
Picked one up @ BB. They did do a long song and dance about the difference, several supervisors and a manager was involved and finally approved the PM.

Having said that I didn't really need it.

The part I'm stuck on is getting it setup on the wifi. it really doesn't seem to like my wifi at all (3200AC, but supports older tech as well)
And I think I'm missing a cable to connect the sub to the bar, provided it's not wifi/bluetooth or something (my LG is wireless sub.) The manual is somewhat lacking on clarity. I'll google it later.

Wifi setup wouldn't work correctly with the Google Pixel. Perhaps because the pixel is connect to AC. Using an older Ipad forced on the 2.4 band connected to wifi correctly.
Update failed 3 times. Seems like even though it says it's updating it's actually doing the boot loader the 1st time, the rest isn't really happening. Anyhow restarting the device and running the update app again corrects that issue.

The sub isn't working so the whole thing sounds horrible ATM. Still trying to resolve this issue. [Updated - sub still isn't working, found to pair the sub hold +&- bass volume until chime, then power sub, hear a second chime. My however never goes into pair mode, sub is flashing green which means it's looking for the bar.)
The remote included also doesn't work at all. I'll find a replacement battery incase that's the issue. [Updated - strange this started working - that's a + I suppose]

So far not exactly impressed. [Updated - Really not impressed now, grr]

[Update] Polk Audio tech support confirmed my unit is defective. DARN, it's going back today. I'm debating exchange or refund. Plus my LG with wireless sub actually works nicely
Last edited by darwoodcanada on Sep 22nd, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 20, 2008
381 posts
86 upvotes
Thanks OP and PM-tip guys! I reserved in-store and made it in just before closing. First time PM-ing at Best Buy! haha!

The pick-up person needed mangers to come do it because she didn't know if Gibby's was legit. The manager thought the link was B-stock and couldn't do it, but I told him there's another one and he finally did it. From start to finish at the pick-up desk with no line, including PM, was probably 15-20 minutes.

Set it up! Looks like you can't use the bluetooth and the aux separately because the bluetooth uses the same aux jack. Unfortunately, my costco 55" haier (non-4k) doesn't have an optical out....haha! The wireless sub connects on its own. At least it did for me, after all the updates were completed.
Oct 18, 2005
558 posts
93 upvotes
Thornhill
Wow such a short window opportunity. Pulled the trigger by calling in to PM. She accepted but needs to go through a second approval process? She applied the discount but if the approval is denied I'll get charged full. Hope it works out as I've been shopping around for a unit
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3654 posts
7139 upvotes
an2one wrote: Wow such a short window opportunity. Pulled the trigger by calling in to PM. She accepted but needs to go through a second approval process? She applied the discount but if the approval is denied I'll get charged full. Hope it works out as I've been shopping around for a unit
Same thing I was told
Public Mobile customer
Jun 17, 2010
84 posts
57 upvotes
Nanaimo, BC
Thanks OP! Been looking for a sound bar with good sound for a few weeks. This seems like a good deal.

Bought it from bestbuy.ca and called for the price match. It took 27 minutes on hold while she talked to her manager, but other than the wait time there was no hassle.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1336 posts
756 upvotes
Ajax
BestBuy just dropped the price to $629. So PM difference would be a saving of $23 instead of $60. Total Price is now $376 plus taxes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)