• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2018 8:34 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1301 posts
640 upvotes
Dav326235 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 2:55 pm
Man, fk amazon and their bs floating demand pricing bullshit. There should be laws against that kind of trash. Make it illegal to basically price fix on the fly. I truly hope they get a massive class action law suite like all the other industries that have done dirty like this before. Ram, monitors, bread, and w.e else im forgetting
Without BS floating demand pricing no one would ever get a "hot deal".
Its not price fixing so I don't know why you're bringing bread into this. Price fixing would be everyone paying over mrsp for something and never goes on sale or lower.
If you want it to be fair maybe don't come on here for hot deals, price errors, price matching etc and stick with your weekly flyer where everyone gets the same price most of the time and you can raincheck.

Plus you didn't miss out on this deal. This is the RC series and the slightly better MC series regularly (10 out of 12 months I would say) goes on sale for $58. It's a good deal but nothing to sue anyone over.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
5639 posts
1699 upvotes
North York
Best Buy has since lowered the price to $189.99, so not much of a deal anymore.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1801 posts
437 upvotes
Vancouver
The deal seems to be on again. Just checked the prices and they are as posted in the OP (Amazon.ca $109.99 and Bestbuy.ca $399.99). So you should be able to PM at Best Buy for $80.99 + taxes.
Dec 17, 2013
850 posts
375 upvotes
CALGARY
Thanks, picked up two. Missed it last time.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2114 posts
232 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
BooR4dL3y wrote:
Feb 24th, 2018 7:20 pm
The deal seems to be on again. Just checked the prices and they are as posted in the OP (Amazon.ca $109.99 and Bestbuy.ca $399.99). So you should be able to PM at Best Buy for $80.99 + taxes.
Thanks for sharing. I was in the market for 2 pairs and missed out the first time. Just called in my PM. They put me on hold for 9 minutes while they looked it up on Amazon. I assume that was because they hoped I would hang up.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2114 posts
232 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I haven't done a Best Buy price match on an online purchase in quite awhile. The person confirmed it over the phone but do you get anything in writing? I didn't get an email and I can't see it in my account online. Do I have any way of knowing for sure that I will get the refund?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
1394 posts
665 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Dav326235 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2018 2:55 pm
Man, fk amazon and their bs floating demand pricing bullshit. There should be laws against that kind of trash. Make it illegal to basically price fix on the fly. I truly hope they get a massive class action law suite like all the other industries that have done dirty like this before. Ram, monitors, bread, and w.e else im forgetting
This dynamic pricing is no magic. It is to optimize the logistics of inventory management. If they have new inventory coming in, and existing inventory sold slower than expected, they need to drop the price to clear our some inventory to make room for the incoming stock. Space on shelves costs money also, so they need to balance the cost of storage vs the amount they need to discount to move the inventory to make room for the new stuff. It is normal for it to be quite dynamic.
It's like Costco, when they want to get rid of inventory. Sometimes items drop by $10 each week, until they get rid of all the excess inventory.

Bread and Milk prices are regulated in many provinces. Electronics, you are free to ask whatever price you want. If you are greedy and price too high, you will get stuck with the inventory, till it's worth nothing. If it is super low, people will jump on it, and you will sell more volume.

If there wasn't any dynamic pricing and sales, there would be no need for the existence of this forum.
Dec 17, 2013
850 posts
375 upvotes
CALGARY
Received mine. Looks nice, need to hook up. Still same price at best buy and also Amazon. May be bestbuy knows and still want to sell these at that price.