Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] Pre-order Google Home and get Chromecast free $179.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2017 7:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Best Buy] Pre-order Google Home and get Chromecast free $179.99

Side note: GH is on sale at Walmart US, BB US, b&hphoto for $109 if you can't wait til the Canadian release and don't need a Chromecast


Just noticed in the latest bestbuy flyer that they are taking preorders for the Google Home for $179.99 and get a Chromecast free. We must have entered "the twilight zone" as this actually appears to be a pretty fair conversion from the US price ($129.99 USD), normally we get shafted and then some when it comes to price difference of electronics between the US and Canada, plus a free Chromecast to boot. I've had the GH since BF when I bought it for $99 and even though the novelty has worn off a bit, it still comes in quite handy and the sound quality ain't too shabby.
Images
  • IMG_20170601_172905.jpg
Last edited by remik on Jun 1st, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 8 times in total.
228 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 1, 2008
1769 posts
960 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
I'm getting the 404 error page...?
Sr. Member
Mar 7, 2011
675 posts
472 upvotes
Winnipeg
remik wrote: Image


Just noticed in the latest bestbuy flyer that they are taking preorders for the Google Home for $179.99 and get a Chromecast free. We must have entered "the twilight zone" as this actually appears to be a pretty fair conversion from the US price ($129.99 USD), normally we get shafted and then some when it comes to price difference of electronics between the US and Canada, plus a free Chromecast to boot. I've had the GH since BF when I bought it for $99 and even though the novelty has worn off a bit, it still comes in quite handy and the sound quality ain't too shabby.
What are you even talking about, 130 vs 180...that is getting shafted then some. Thats above current exchange rate.

I also dont see how a pre order is a hot deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Dav326235 wrote: What are you even talking about, 130 vs 180...that is getting shafted then some. Thats above current exchange rate.

I also dont see how a pre order is a hot deal.
Buddy, $129.99 USD is approx $175.00 CDN at the current exchange rate on xe.com, your cc will never give you that rate, plus you get a Chromecast free ($45 value). People were paying more via b&hphoto.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17804 posts
1373 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Wait a sec... it's finally available in Canada? And properly supported by Google software?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 14, 2006
2252 posts
1654 upvotes
Niagara, ON
Where are you able to see the Best Buy flyer?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
konfusion666 wrote: Wait a sec... it's finally available in Canada? And properly supported by Google software?
Not yet, preorder, Google said it should be released in June.

My Google Home worked in Canada without any issues out of the box, no jumping threw hoops like with the echo. "hey Google, how far to the LCBO?" works :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
MegaSilver wrote: Where are you able to see the Best Buy flyer?
I get all the local fliers for the week with The Mississauga News.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1589 posts
813 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
Oops, the page you are trying to view is either not found, the URL is incorrect or the page may have moved.

Offer ended or it's just link doesn't work?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
earthpetal wrote: Oops, the page you are trying to view is either not found, the URL is incorrect or the page may have moved.

Offer ended or it's just link doesn't work?
Link doesn't appear to be live yet, I jumped the gun when I posted the link, check out the link to the image. https://ibb.co/hDZz8F
Last edited by remik on Jun 1st, 2017 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Aug 17, 2003
658 posts
22 upvotes
remik wrote: Not yet, preorder, Google said it should be released in June.

My Google Home worked in Canada without any issues out of the box, no jumping threw hoops like with the echo. "hey Google, how far to the LCBO?" works :)
Did you get the companion app to work?
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
nkwu wrote: Did you get the companion app to work?

You mean the Google Home app?? Yes, works fine, you can even go into the history in the app and listen to all the questions that were asked (wav files of sort) ***big brother***
Last edited by remik on Jun 1st, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Jul 20, 2011
230 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
nkwu wrote: Did you get the companion app to work?
Yes the app worked without any issue
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2209 posts
639 upvotes
Doesn't look like the 4k Chromecast... Been waiting for Google home!
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
TurboTronix wrote: Doesn't look like the 4k Chromecast... Been waiting for Google home!
You want the Chromecast Ultra (4k) free... And when you like your breakfast, sir? J/K

Including the regular Chromecast is still quite generous, I'd say that's what makes this a hot deal, otherwise it'd be "room temperature" if it was just the GH
Sr. Member
Sep 27, 2009
723 posts
451 upvotes
Sask, Canada
Any comments on the home vs the echo?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 13, 2009
21187 posts
10649 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Paxonator wrote: Any comments on the home vs the echo?
I have a few echo dots and the home. I prefer the echo dots. Software on the home is way too glitchy. Just today it dropped its wifi connection. I had to power cycle it to get it to work again. And multiple times it's returned an error when i ask questions/to turn on and off my lights. Echo dots, spot on perfect ever since I got them.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao

Top