Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Price Error!! Whirlpool Slide in Gas Range in Black WEG750H0HB $900

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2022 12:02 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2010
1095 posts
322 upvotes
kiasu wrote: i wanted to get one but my range is electric now...does anyone know how easy or difficult to rerun the gas pipe on and exsiting finished basement to groundfloor kitchen?
Took 2 guys around 3 hours for a 20 foot run from basement to main floor. They cut the ceiling drywall and drill through floor, do a professional hookup and testing.

You can save a couple hundred dollars (labour) by offering to do your own ceiling drywall patching afterwards, cleaning up their mess, and removing your old electric range ahead of time.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3152 upvotes
mightymo wrote: I'm also curious about this.
Can all gas ranges be converted to Propane?
I mean... listen, anything is possible. to convert a natural gas stove to propane you need a specific thing (I forget what it's called but basically it's a copper screw-looking thing with a hole in the middle) to have a smaller hole. You either need to buy that same part with a smaller hole, or you can get creative and slightly bend the existing part to make the hole smaller. it's not rocket science. the only question is if you can find that part with a small hole easily. I am guessing very likely yes, it is probably easily available.
Dec 7, 2020
306 posts
158 upvotes
Whirlpool... PASS... they are not durable as LG or other brand... been there done that

good find though OP, big sale
Oct 31, 2010
914 posts
812 upvotes
Edmonton
Finally got connected with Home Depot chat after the restock and they made some BS up about the delivery window being too far away despite Bestbuy having 20 in stock and being able to add it to my cart and set a delivery date. I mentioned there not being anything in the price match guarantee about how soon the item can be delivered as long as its in stock and the agent said "This item doesn't qualify for price match" and ended the session.
Last edited by darkstar107 on May 12th, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
Could make a nice new home for one in Toronto. Will keep you warm in winter too.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1069 posts
2119 upvotes
Good thing about Natural Gas is it costs a fraction of the cost to run compared to electric, and when the power is out it still functions. I use Natural gas as my main home heat source and for our BBQ.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
My father who has been an appliance repairman for 50 years (now retired) has said buying appliances that have touch screen controls where heat and water is in frequent contact, is a really bad idea. Technology for touch screens hasn't caught up yet to be installed in these type of appliances and if it has, the big manufacturers haven't adopted it yet. It's the reason why my stove and hood fan is purely mechanical (or as mechanical as you can get). Repairing touch screens on out of warranty appliances is really expensive and the cost usually results you in buying a new appliance.
Last edited by shadow_cruiser on May 12th, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3196 posts
735 upvotes
In an unfinished basement, I was quoted "about $1k" for a 3/4" csst gas line to be run about 45'. Does that seem reasonable?
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1457 posts
767 upvotes
Toronto
aadanixga wrote: Whirlpool... PASS... they are not durable as LG or other brand... been there done that

good find though OP, big sale
Lol LG being reliable? Ahhahaha
JS
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3152 upvotes
catpurrcat wrote: Took 2 guys around 3 hours for a 20 foot run from basement to main floor. They cut the ceiling drywall and drill through floor, do a professional hookup and testing.

You can save a couple hundred dollars (labour) by offering to do your own ceiling drywall patching afterwards, cleaning up their mess, and removing your old electric range ahead of time.
or you could not put pipes behind drywall to begin with if the layout allows it. Just route the gas pipe, mount to wall or ceiling, and maybe paint it.
Nov 29, 2013
236 posts
394 upvotes
Ordered from BB, no time for PM'ing HD! Better to hope to get this deal from BB than risk mucking something around with HD and missing out on the whole thing.
Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2009
3209 posts
3152 upvotes
Jayhoo wrote: In an unfinished basement, I was quoted "about $1k" for a 3/4" csst gas line to be run about 45'. Does that seem reasonable?
uh... maybe but not really a great deal. CSST is not a very good solution, solid black steel pipes are a lot better/safer, especially if you ever want to finish that basement. it's very simple, you cannot make a hole in a solid steel pipe but you can easily put a screw through CSST. and in particular, I would never put anything like that without shielding behind any wall or ceiling. and with CSST, the labour is minimal so 1K sounds like a LOT. also... you really need to run the pipe for 45 feet?
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3196 posts
735 upvotes
elfion wrote: uh... maybe but not really a great deal. CSST is not a very good solution, solid black steel pipes are a lot better/safer, especially if you ever want to finish that basement. it's very simple, you cannot make a hole in a solid steel pipe but you can easily put a screw through CSST. and in particular, I would never put anything like that without shielding behind any wall or ceiling. and with CSST, the labour is minimal so 1K sounds like a LOT. also... you really need to run the pipe for 45 feet?
Black steel piping was my preference but I haven't been able to find a reputable installer that deals with it. As I've told, the line needs to tap off the main trunk by the furnace, which is unfortunately on the opposite corner of the house.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Such a great deal - I bought three...and I don't even have gas!
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1878 posts
810 upvotes
Winnipeg
Jayhoo wrote: Black steel piping was my preference but I haven't been able to find a reputable installer that deals with it. As I've told, the line needs to tap off the main trunk by the furnace, which is unfortunately on the opposite corner of the house.
well my new house 1400sqft basement and kitchen is totally opposite to the furnace area. since i have choose to go with gas route, i do see there is a pipe go all the way down from one side to the other and then up in the kitchen.. what is the problem? don't listen weather it is a whirlpool or LG or Kitchenaid... look at the price, it is a steal. i am all over on this deal however i already have bought cooktops and doesn;t have space to slide this bad boy...
Oct 15, 2020
254 posts
593 upvotes
montreal, QC
PriceHunter wrote: Buddy. I already included all the links in the OP. All the artistic work and no one reads :'(
Me no read. Me pull trigger. -RFDer
Is this thing on?
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2008
1113 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
I can recommend a licensed gas fitter in the GTA. He did both my Hot Water tank as well as my gas range a few years back. Quoted me $500 for 20ft run for gas range.

Call AJ @ 647-222-8972.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2709 posts
5163 upvotes
desmat wrote: I don't have gas for my kitchen so was trying if somebody can say electricity by any chance :P

Should i buy or not?
Yes buy it
Rogers 30GB $35