Best Buy price match policy LOL

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 2:52 pm
[OP]
Jul 7, 2003
578 posts
260 upvotes

Best Buy price match policy LOL

So I am looking at the Lutron Caseta smart dimming kit. BB sells for $219. Visions has it on sale for $175 from their regular price of $219. I read the BB PM policy and it says to order first and then request PM. I do that and then start up online chat. The CSR comes back and says they cannot PM because it's a limited time offer, a reference that it's a sale price ending April 16. I tell her it's a regular sale, not a final clearance, limited quantities or anything exceptional and that I've PMed in store without issues. I get the "sorry for the inconvenience" line. I told her to cancel my order and she says that it's already in fulfillment for processing and said I would just have to return or refuse delivery. Wow....just wow. BB has lost my business going forward.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
3625 posts
699 upvotes
Yeah that's why I hate pm'ing with stores online. Why would I order it FIRST, when I don't know if you will PM it?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
18735 posts
6764 upvotes
Toronto
Try chat again and talk to another rep. They are clearly noobs and don't understand that all sales are limited time offers. That is the whole point of price matching, sale prices not regular price.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
10773 posts
1456 upvotes
Brampton
Call in. They are more helpful over the phone.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 63-0-0 and counting.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3156 posts
15909 upvotes
audiohs wrote: So I am looking at the Lutron Caseta smart dimming kit. BB sells for $219. Visions has it on sale for $175 from their regular price of $219. I read the BB PM policy and it says to order first and then request PM. I do that and then start up online chat. The CSR comes back and says they cannot PM because it's a limited time offer, a reference that it's a sale price ending April 16. I tell her it's a regular sale, not a final clearance, limited quantities or anything exceptional and that I've PMed in store without issues. I get the "sorry for the inconvenience" line. I told her to cancel my order and she says that it's already in fulfillment for processing and said I would just have to return or refuse delivery. Wow....just wow. BB has lost my business going forward.
Price match with Lowe's Canada. I believe they sell the same one and you will get 10% difference.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
2691 posts
1785 upvotes
poorwingman wrote: Yeah that's why I hate pm'ing with stores online. Why would I order it FIRST, when I don't know if you will PM it?
Most people will not bother returning when PM is not granted. I believe you can call them first to confirm even if they tell everyone to order then confirm.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2003
578 posts
260 upvotes
squall458 wrote: Call in. They are more helpful over the phone.
hill15 wrote:
Price match with Lowe's Canada. I believe they sell the same one and you will get 10% difference.
carmaster wrote: Try chat again and talk to another rep. They are clearly noobs and don't understand that all sales are limited time offers. That is the whole point of price matching, sale prices not regular price.
The CSR was clearly spewing out canned responses and never answered any of my questions directly. I called and the estimated wait time was over 3 hours. I figured I wasted enough time on this and just ordered directly from Visions and have it shipped directly to me. Trying my best to avoid going out especially for an item like this.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3156 posts
15909 upvotes
audiohs wrote: The CSR was clearly spewing out canned responses and never answered any of my questions directly. I called and the estimated wait time was over 3 hours. I figured I wasted enough time on this and just ordered directly from Visions and have it shipped directly to me. Trying my best to avoid going out especially for an item like this.
Try Lowe's, calling or online. Free shipping and 10% difference.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2003
578 posts
260 upvotes
peli33 wrote: Most people will not bother returning when PM is not granted. I believe you can call them first to confirm even if they tell everyone to order then confirm.
I'll be sending it back. I already started a refund request online and they haven't even shipped out the order. LOL
Aug 7, 2019
958 posts
329 upvotes
carmaster wrote: Try chat again and talk to another rep. They are clearly noobs and don't understand that all sales are limited time offers. That is the whole point of price matching, sale prices not regular price.
Same thing happened to me. The deal was in a flyer where some headphones were discounted for the weekend. Even though I messaged them during the weekend, they refused because it is "limited time sale"

I told them the exact same thing you said and even the supervisor refused it.
Aug 7, 2019
958 posts
329 upvotes
DrDoomsday wrote: Same thing happened to me. The deal was in a flyer where some headphones were discounted for the weekend. Even though I messaged them during the weekend, they refused because it is "limited time sale"

I told them the exact same thing you said and even the supervisor refused it. The sale is "a limited time sale"
Sep 22, 2009
874 posts
135 upvotes
Do call centre people get paid by the hour? I swear CS quality of service went downhill since COVID. It's like call centre reps are just trying to keep their job by squeezing as much time out as possible.
Oct 9, 2011
629 posts
253 upvotes
Best buy chat agents always take forever to reply and ask too many questions. Call center agents are much more helpful but it depends how your call was directed. You have to pick the option that you are calling regarding exisitng order. Agents handling exising orders are usually more helpful and can place your order with price-matched price for you instead of full price and then give you a refund. If you just pick the option of "placing an order", those agents can't do much and will find every excuse to not do the price match
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5669 posts
2246 upvotes
Debtario
Bestbuy PMs have always been hit or miss for me, but I always have done them in person in store. I'll only pay the final price once I get an invoice, no payment of the full price and then hope for an adjustment.

If you get denied it's often pointless arguing, just save the hassle by trying with another CSR or by phone.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3613 posts
2255 upvotes
Edmonton
poorwingman wrote: Yeah that's why I hate pm'ing with stores online. Why would I order it FIRST, when I don't know if you will PM it?
...except Visions which has awesome price match. Just e-mail the info and they e-mail you back a code to input which gives you the price match.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3613 posts
2255 upvotes
Edmonton
audiohs wrote: The CSR was clearly spewing out canned responses and never answered any of my questions directly. I called and the estimated wait time was over 3 hours. I figured I wasted enough time on this and just ordered directly from Visions and have it shipped directly to me. Trying my best to avoid going out especially for an item like this.
If you order online at Visions and do a store-pick up, they give you an additional discount.