Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

(PS4/XB1) Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Gold Edition for $49.99 ($90 off) / Standard Edition for $29.99 ($50 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2019 1:01 pm
Jul 3, 2015
344 posts
951 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON

[Best Buy] (PS4/XB1) Assassin's Creed Odyssey: Gold Edition for $49.99 ($90 off) / Standard Edition for $29.99 ($50 off)

Figured there'd be a Boxing Week sale for the game, but didn't think it'd drop this low (guess it's not selling too well? It's too bad 'cause it's a pretty good game).

What makes this a bit interesting is that the standard game was on sale during Black Friday for $49.99. Now for Boxing Day, it's the Gold Edition that is the same sales price at $49.99 while the standard game drops even lower to $29.99.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT / Stock update:
[Dec. 25: Late morning]
- The Gold Edition for the PS4 looks to be sold out now.

[Dec. 25: Early afternoon]
- Looks like Amazon has price matched the $49.99 price of the Gold Edition, but at the moment, only for the Xbox One version.

[Dec. 26: Early afternoon]
- The Gold Edition for the XB1 looks to be sold out now, too.
- With Best Buy out of stock, looks like Amazon doesn't want to match Best Buy anymore on the Gold Edition for the XB1... Its price is back up to $118.96...

[Dec. 27: Early morning]
- The Gold Edition for the XB1 is back in stock at Best Buy for $49.99; stock says "limited quantities available", which means there should be at least 25 units available.
- With Best Buy back in stock, Amazon has one again matched their price of the Gold Edition for the XB1.

[Dec. 27: Noon]
- The Gold Edition for the XB1 is sold out again. One store in the GTA is showing stock (Bay & Dundas); maybe it was someone returning it.
- Amazon is still showing $49.99 for the XB1, but not sure how long that will be.

[Dec. 27: Early evening]
- Amazon pricing shot back up to $118.96.

[Dec. 28: Early morning]
- The Gold Edition for the XB1 is back in stock at Best Buy for $49.99; stock says "limited quantities available", which means there should be at least 25 units available.

[Dec. 28: Late afternoon]
- Looks like Best Buy removed their page listing for the PS4 version of the Gold Edition. They may not be anticipating a restock before this sale is over next week...?
- However, there's still a link to its "mobile site" page.

[Dec. 29: Early morning]
- Amazon pricing shot back down to $49.99.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Gold Edition for Assassin's Creed Odyssey (comes with a SteelBook and the Season Pass) is on sale at Best Buy for $49.99, down from its regular price of $139.99 (so $90 off).
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition (PS4) - $49.99 (had 25-ish left in stock at time of posting; looks to be out of stock now)
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Gold Edition (Xbox One) - $49.99 - [Amazon link] / [Best Buy link]

The Deluxe Edition of the same game (includes some random extra content) is also on sale for $39.99, down from its regular price of $99.99 (so $60 off).
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition (PS4) - $39.99
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey Deluxe Edition (Xbox One) - $39.99

And the Standard Edition (includes...just the base game?) is on sale for $29.99, down from its regular price of $79.99 (so $50 off).
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey (PS4) - $29.99
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey (Xbox One) - $29.99

The best value here is probably that Gold Edition that comes with the Season Pass.

More information about the Standard Edition:
- Set out on a journey where you start as an outcast and eventually achieve your destiny as a legendary Spartan hero
- Explore an entire country full of unexpected encounters and busy, detail-packed ancient cities
- The world around you will be shaped by your decisions
- Jump into epic battles between Sparta and Athens, featuring 150 soldiers on each side
- Sail the Aegean Sea as you recruit crew members and engage in fierce sea battles

More information about the Deluxe Edition (same info as Standard Edition plus):
- The Deluxe Edition helps you get a jump start on your adventure with 2 gear sets, 1 naval pack, and 2 boosts

More information about the Gold Edition (same info as Standard Edition plus):
- The Gold Steelbook Edition includes early access (so you can play 3 days early), a Steelbook case, and all the story content with the Season Pass
Last edited by Sojoph on Dec 30th, 2018 11:35 am, edited 11 times in total.
119 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2017
1947 posts
2459 upvotes
Only just started origins, so think I can wait another six months, but a great deal for bang to buck ratio. Game will take you a while to finish.
Jul 3, 2015
344 posts
951 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
EananC641158 wrote: Only just started origins, so think I can wait another six months, but a great deal for bang to buck ratio. Game will take you a while to finish.
Yeah, definitely a long game... I liked AC: Origins and am having more of a blast with AC: Odyssey; Ubisoft did a pretty good job expanding and improving on Origins.

I think it took me roughly 120-130 hours to fully beat Origins? Give or take. I had pre-ordered the Gold Edition of Origins last year during its E3 promo.

With Odyssey, I still have a ton of the map left to explore (and each island has a decent chunk of side content to do) and...I'm already 170 hours in... I don't even have the DLC content because I didn't pre-order the Gold Edition at launch (I'll probably buy it now and trade in the standard edition I have).

(I should probably mention, though, that I like to be a completionist when I play games and will take my time; I sometimes spend way too many hours beating a game, so I mean Odyssey may not be a 150+ hour game for everyone lol It took me almost 200 hours to get the Platinum Trophy for Persona 5...)
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1718 posts
285 upvotes
Brampton
Sojoph wrote: What makes this a bit interesting is that the standard game was on sale during Black Friday for $49.99. Now for Boxing Day, it's the Gold Edition that is the same sales price at $49.99 while the standard game drops even lower to $29.99.
Pretty sure Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was on sale for $24.99 at Costco on Black Friday
adamm
Jul 3, 2015
344 posts
951 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
adamm wrote: Pretty sure Assassin’s Creed Odyssey was on sale for $24.99 at Costco on Black Friday
Yeah, it was, but stock at the locations that participated in the sales price sold out rather quickly for the PS4 copies. Even the XB1 copies were a bit difficult to find (also, Costco tends to be an exception for a lot of things; they're rather random and have bigger sales on their game inventory that other retailers just never really do).

Every other retailer had the game at $49.99.
Jul 26, 2016
184 posts
344 upvotes
Canada
Just saw this up on the best buy website. Cheaper than what I'd seen it go down for before.
Last edited by left2van on Dec 25th, 2018 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
❐ ‿ ❑
Jun 30, 2017
368 posts
482 upvotes
yeah get the gold edition instead for the season pass
but great game, im still playing it right now and there is so much things to do
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
+500 thumbs for a detailed post.

+1 for a good deal.

-10 for making me spend $50 this morning.

I bought the game + season pass for $50.
Dec 30, 2006
428 posts
220 upvotes
Toronto
EananC641158 wrote: Only just started origins, so think I can wait another six months, but a great deal for bang to buck ratio. Game will take you a while to finish.
I'm two months in Origins and only at 30%. Is a long azz game lol
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
Gold is sold out.

I ended up with the base game. I've hated assassins creed in the past but heard good things about this one. Given it's 70+ hour of content, that might be more than enough game.
Sep 27, 2009
348 posts
194 upvotes
Toronto
Great price for the gold. Picked up one, thanks!
Apr 6, 2005
489 posts
37 upvotes
Edmonton
Looks like the gold edition includes remastered AC3 and AC3 liberation
RFD WINS -Energizer XBOX-a-day Giveaway - August 13, 09
Feb 17, 2017
78 posts
97 upvotes
Thanks! Ordered one + The Crew 2 (why not?).
Apr 8, 2005
916 posts
633 upvotes
Awesome deal for the Gold version for those that need it.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
4320 posts
4919 upvotes
Ottawa
Bought AC Odyssey at launch for $55 + tax.

Already regret it so much since I've only played a few hours. Crazy good deal for the Gold Edition.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1465 posts
2212 upvotes
Toronto
And the moral of the story is ... never buy games brand new (unless its Rockstar, as that stuff never goes down in price)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
sabatale wrote: Thanks! Ordered one + The Crew 2 (why not?).
I was tempted to get Crew 2 also. I enjoyed the beta.. but felt I would never have time for it. A lot of game for that price.
Nov 7, 2015
270 posts
140 upvotes
bwrocks wrote: Looks like the gold edition includes remastered AC3 and AC3 liberation
Where'd you see this?