Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

PS4/XB1 Watch Dogs $14.99 New / $9.99 Used

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2015 9:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1730 posts
2632 upvotes

[Best Buy] PS4/XB1 Watch Dogs $14.99 New / $9.99 Used

18 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10642 posts
4742 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks op. Got one as a filler with other item I wanted. What's funny is that they have "day one" edition of this game for $30.
Jul 24, 2012
992 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Wow this game plummeted badly, hasn't been a full year yet.
Jul 13, 2012
270 posts
34 upvotes
LOWBANKS
Even for $15 this game isn't worth it because you still would have to invest your time in it. WD is not a bad game, but at the same time wouldn't you rather just play a sandbox title that does this better? IE. GTA, Saints Row, Just Cause etc/
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12281 posts
6066 upvotes
Chilly11 wrote: Even for $15 this game isn't worth it because you still would have to invest your time in it. WD is not a bad game, but at the same time wouldn't you rather just play a sandbox title that does this better? IE. GTA, Saints Row, Just Cause etc/
I bought this for $15 brand new some a clearance center about 3 months ago and i would say your right.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
3083 posts
909 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Thanks OP Reserved one in store for pickup
Jul 3, 2012
17 posts
4 upvotes
Oshawa
Chilly11 wrote: Even for $15 this game isn't worth it because you still would have to invest your time in it. WD is not a bad game, but at the same time wouldn't you rather just play a sandbox title that does this better? IE. GTA, Saints Row, Just Cause etc/
I don't see why you'd even compare Watch Dogs to over the top sandbox games. Watch Dogs is a far more serious game, its not meant to cause as much destruction as possible like Just Cause, Saints Row or GTA 5. It gets annoying when people compare every sandbox game with GTA, including this one. They're totally different. Even Saints Row being over the top, is far more ridiculous than GTA has ever been. It's worth more than $15 and it stands on its own, is it the best game around? No , but its not nearly as bad as people wanted it to be.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2091 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
It's a very niche game. Even if it's your favorite game you can't really recommend it to anyone.

That's why I like this game, cause I just walk around doing nothing and setting traps for people to run into. But I know if I recommend it 99% of people will hate it cause you don't really do anything in the game except go around snooping :lol:
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
1780 posts
765 upvotes
Montreal
this is an okay price for this game...I wish I could get back my 70$ though, at the time I thought it would be the GTA killer lol :facepalm:
Mar 14, 2008
440 posts
102 upvotes
I bought it with the $50 off coupon from Dell and sold it for the same price I bought it for. You could probably buy, play then sell this game still for $10. All the negativity around the game just meant I went in with low expectations and it was better than I expected, such is life.
Jul 13, 2012
270 posts
34 upvotes
LOWBANKS
ChrisSousa wrote: I don't see why you'd even compare Watch Dogs to over the top sandbox games. Watch Dogs is a far more serious game, its not meant to cause as much destruction as possible like Just Cause, Saints Row or GTA 5. It gets annoying when people compare every sandbox game with GTA, including this one. They're totally different. Even Saints Row being over the top, is far more ridiculous than GTA has ever been. It's worth more than $15 and it stands on its own, is it the best game around? No , but its not nearly as bad as people wanted it to be.
It doesn't matter what kind of sandbox game it is. Games like this will always be compared to another of it's kind because they all have the same basic mechanics that allow them to be compared.

I don't care if it's over the top or not, it's a sandbox game and there are others that do it way better than this. Sure there are cool mechanics, but that doesn't warrant dropping hours you could be spending on a way better game than this. Why would you settle for something "just okay"

?
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
10642 posts
4742 upvotes
Ontario
What happens when I spent many hours with GTA and need to play something else? GTA is an amazing game, but you need a bit of variety too. Haven't played it yet, so we'll see. Still have my GTA too.
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
ChrisSousa wrote: I don't see why you'd even compare Watch Dogs to over the top sandbox games. Watch Dogs is a far more serious game, its not meant to cause as much destruction as possible like Just Cause, Saints Row or GTA 5. It gets annoying when people compare every sandbox game with GTA, including this one. They're totally different. Even Saints Row being over the top, is far more ridiculous than GTA has ever been. It's worth more than $15 and it stands on its own, is it the best game around? No , but its not nearly as bad as people wanted it to be.
Very well said.

The fact I can do a whole mission without shooting off a single bullet in WD makes it far more fun to me than GTA. It's different, and I like it for being different. If I wanted GTA, or Saints Row. I'd play those.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2008
2904 posts
1090 upvotes
Same price for Xbox 360 as well. For us late adapters. :D
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2091 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
The thing with Watch Dogs is that the city seems more alive to me then the other games cause everyone in the crowd has their own story where as in GTA they don't.

So if it appeals to you knowing about people who are insignificant to the actual game then Watch Dogs might be for you.

Basically what I do in the game is I just snoop around for criminals, set traps for them that blow up, then chase them into those traps so they going flying into the air. And I can do that all day cause it's hilarious :lol:
Jul 26, 2009
19 posts
22 upvotes
Saint-Hubert
Bought it today, and just so you know the Bonus code inside NO LONGER WORKS, some genius at Ubisoft thought to make it expire in 10/14 was a good idea.
Sep 23, 2014
181 posts
161 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Thanks OP. Got a 5$ certificate at BB expiring soon so I think I'll give the used copy of this game a try for 5$.
Oct 27, 2013
70 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
Used WD for XB1 is now 14.99 as well.