Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] PSVR Doom Bundle $267.80 - after price match with Walmart

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 30th, 2018 1:30 pm
Dec 11, 2006
290 posts
33 upvotes
Quick question re: PSVR v PCVR. If you have a PC that is powerful enough to support PCVR would any of you still recommend PSVR over it? I've been going back and forth. I'm thinking PCVR would be more futureproof since it's not tied to a console.
my mood today: :|
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2827 posts
1521 upvotes
Raimiette wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 4:24 pm
Quick question re: PSVR v PCVR. If you have a PC that is powerful enough to support PCVR would any of you still recommend PSVR over it? I've been going back and forth. I'm thinking PCVR would be more futureproof since it's not tied to a console.
If you get a chance to try both then I recommend it.

For me the PSVR was the best because it checked a lot of boxes.

It fit me most comfortably (I wear glasses), I fogged up the least, and it was easily portable.

I take my PSVR to friends places and often to family gatherings.

I would not do that with a PC :)

I don't know about the quality control for a fact, but I also feel like PSVR games have to meet a certain milestone in terms of frames to reduce motion sickness and what not.

The pc stuff has ranged from awesome to brutal (using a friends system).. but PSVR has been great from a technical aspect.
Aug 17, 2012
202 posts
175 upvotes
Victoria
For anyone following this thread, just wanted to let you know that the PSVR Skyrim Bundle is $300 from neweggcanada on eBay after the PSUNNY $15 discount code today. I made a separate thread for it. I know that some people don't like the Skyrim VR graphics but there was a large patch issued yesterday that addresses graphics, and you could always trade/sell the game for something else. You are getting the move controllers so it's a slightly better deal.

eBay Canada PSVR Skyrim Bundle $300 + tax
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3235 posts
237 upvotes
What’s the requirement to use the PSUNNY $15 off?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19008 posts
5908 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
AaronSam wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 11:10 am
Quick questions that might sound stupid, but I thought the video quality within the PSVR headset would be exactly what you see on the tv, but it seems more pixelated and not as sharp within the headset, plus you see sort of a grainy filter. Is this normal and there is supposed to be a discrepancy?
VR has to render twice the amount of frames (two screens) as a normal display. With consoles barely able to do 30 fps in a lot of cases as it is with one screen worth of content at sometimes not even native resolutions PSVR probably significantly drops resolution just to maintain the same framerate as the game on one display, and probably even more so since I think they can't get away with just 30 fps as that would do a number on you after some time.

So yeah, it's normal. You'll only ever be capable of getting a really great VR image quality on PC right now.
Raimiette wrote:
I'm not sure why anybody that already has a decent PC would invest in the PSVR except for the usual reason of some kind of gotta have it exclusive title. In terms of future proofness, I would be less sure about this when it comes to VR it's a rapidly evolving thing but you are likely to have at least some utility from any headset you get for PC now long into the future but just expect it to become the 2nd or 3rd best thing within a short time period.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6946 posts
2783 upvotes
Toronto
Raimiette wrote:
One reason for PSVR is if you wanted a family machine or to play in the living room with less sensor setup and fuss. But you’ll lose out on the better graphics, controllers and tracking of Oculus / Vive. If you wear glasses PSVR is also more comfortable, but could always get prescription lenses for the Rift if you’re serious.
Last edited by Angultra on Jun 27th, 2018 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2355 posts
534 upvotes
Belle River
audioarchetype wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 1:20 pm
For anyone following this thread, just wanted to let you know that the PSVR Skyrim Bundle is $300 from neweggcanada on eBay after the PSUNNY $15 discount code today. I made a separate thread for it. I know that some people don't like the Skyrim VR graphics but there was a large patch issued yesterday that addresses graphics, and you could always trade/sell the game for something else. You are getting the move controllers so it's a slightly better deal.

eBay Canada PSVR Skyrim Bundle $300 + tax
With the move controllers, is this the best deal right now?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1834 posts
426 upvotes
Scarborough
Cottoni wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 4:13 pm
Besides "Pron" movies, and some short trailers is there any good regular full length VR movies you recommend.
Gonna be honest here...i've mostly just used it for 'pron'.

Have also used it watch some anime which was pretty cool but mostly 'pron'. Am noticing that watching too much VR 'pron' is impacting my personal performance so i've cut cold turkey (4 days so far).

Will try finding some VR full length movies to watch.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2002
3235 posts
237 upvotes
I was able to pick up an Aim gun and Farpoint, freaking unbelievable, the most immersive thing I have done so far and the only time I have experienced motion sickness.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3426 posts
985 upvotes
Anyone have buyer's remorse?

Missed out on this and looking for the Doom bundle.