• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2016 9:04 pm
18 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2008
1045 posts
396 upvotes
Calgary
Darkslayer16 wrote: Been watching it for a few days and it dropped from 79 to 69 and now 59. Cheaper than the standard edition now all tho it will likely drop more.
Not if people keep posting every single game Best Buy has on clearance :facepalm:
The Best Deals Are The Unadvertised Ones
[OP]
Jun 28, 2013
385 posts
126 upvotes
The Moon
Eoyote wrote: Not if people keep posting every single game Best Buy has on clearance :facepalm:
I only posted it because I bought it. When they have the severe drops like the xbox one version did a while ago they don't last. Figured someone else would also be ok with paying this price instead of over priced initial price of $120 or whatever it was.
Dec 2, 2007
164 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
Darkslayer16 wrote: Been watching it for a few days and it dropped from 79 to 69 and now 59. Cheaper than the standard edition now, although it will likely drop more.
$39 in the summer, $29 on blackfriday if you can wait and play with no one online
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7026 posts
6020 upvotes
Ottawa
Eoyote wrote: Not if people keep posting every single game Best Buy has on clearance :facepalm:
It's a community forum. The OP shared a deal. No biggie
With Fido Mobile!
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1062 posts
716 upvotes
Would def recommend this game. Best part is I paid less than this and got it on release day. Gotta love the E3 promo
Dec 25, 2012
782 posts
555 upvotes
Kingston
colavs19 wrote: Would def recommend this game. Best part is I paid less than this and got it on release day. Gotta love the E3 promo
I got mine during the E3 sale also, and yes I did pay less, but I did NOT get the Gold Edition. You realize the gold edition retailed originally for $119.99 right?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20505 posts
9946 upvotes
Oakville
colavs19 wrote: Would def recommend this game. Best part is I paid less than this and got it on release day. Gotta love the E3 promo
You got the gold edition for less than this? Wow, that IS a good deal.

I've been playing on XBone since launch... Starting to get a bit tired of it. Ranked multiplayer is insanely hard now, and even casual multiplayer has gotten crazy the last couple weeks. I only play 4-6 hours a week, maybe, and there's just no competing with the guys who are playing that much per *night*. So, terrorist hunt it is. Also, doesn't help that it's a crapshoot as to whether or not multiplayer matchmaking will even work. Getting your initial group setup, if you don't have a squad of 5 already, can take up to 5 minutes or more (and that's if it doesn't crash). Terrorist hunt, at least, seems to be a bit better for matchmaking times. Maybe because it is matching up half as many people.
Oct 15, 2011
314 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
*****. I bought rainbow 6 on steam the other week when it was on sale oh well.
Jun 25, 2015
188 posts
135 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
bonojzk2005 wrote: $39 in the summer, $29 on blackfriday if you can wait and play with no one online
Bad advice. If there is no one online to play with then you should take a huge pass on this game. There's no single player campaign besides a couple missions which are really just tutorials to get you ready for online.

The only thing you'd be able to do is Lone Wolf a Terrorist Hunt map. While Terrorist Hunt is a very fun game mode, it pales in comparison to the intense 5v5 matches of attackers/defenders.

This game is very underrated. It has some of the most thrilling online matches this genre has seen. This game could be moving to an official e-Sport soon if you are into that type of competitive play. If you are considering getting it for PC or Console, then you might want to consider how competitive you want to play it. Things are much more competitive on the PC. Console is a little more relaxed.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20505 posts
9946 upvotes
Oakville
efferr wrote: If you are considering getting it for PC or Console, then you might want to consider how competitive you want to play it. Things are much more competitive on the PC. Console is a little more relaxed.
And even console (at least XBone) has gotten VERY competitive over the last few weeks. Either that or they've screwed up the matchmaking. I was able to be at least partly competitive in ranked multiplayer back in January, now I'm lucky to get a single kill over the course of a full multiplayer match. And even casual multiplayer has started to fill up with hardcore players - the last casual match I played had a level 93 and a level 104 player on the other team (with a level 7, a level 15, and a 40-something), with our team having a level 80ish, a couple 40-50 somethings, and one sub-10. The level 93 and level 104 players absolutely DEMOLISHED our team, they didn't even need the other 3 players on their team. I feel like it's getting to the point now where the more casual players (those of us who can only commit to maybe an hour a night, 2 on a good night) aren't able to be competitive in multiplayer anymore. Terrorist hunt is still fun, but there's only so much of that you can do. I doubt I'll go back after The Division comes out.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3088 posts
992 upvotes
Toronto
This is a great deal.

I've been playing since December on PS4. Despite the really poor match making and bugs here and there, the game is still really fun! Well worth it.
Jul 16, 2007
296 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Slightly off topic here, but do you need PS+ to play online?
Jun 22, 2009
244 posts
34 upvotes
itsvince wrote: Slightly off topic here, but do you need PS+ to play online?

Yes, you'll need PS+ to play online
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2006
3393 posts
963 upvotes
Vaughan
PC vers still in stock
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7158 posts
3333 upvotes
Canuckland
I would be all over this if I didn't have RS6 now I just need season pass

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)