Razer DeathAdder Chroma $55.99+tax after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2016 9:10 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2012
4516 posts
4093 upvotes
Richmond Hill
fearex wrote: The excellent optical sensor is far more important to the quality of this mouse than the colours.

Deathadder is arguably one of the best FPS gaming mice.
The identifying feature of this is the Chroma though. I'm not sure if this MSRP is different, but if so, I would think that the regular one is cheaper? I've only looked at the keyboards.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2438 posts
1382 upvotes
Markham
rugerty100 wrote: The identifying feature of this is the Chroma though. I'm not sure if this MSRP is different, but if so, I would think that the regular one is cheaper? I've only looked at the keyboards.
cheapest i have seen the non-chroma version was at best buy for $49.99(aside from the CES sale)
so.. you are only paying 6 bucks more for chroma. not sure when the 49.99 will come again
A
Jul 27, 2014
781 posts
590 upvotes
Montreal, QC
rugerty100 wrote: The identifying feature of this is the Chroma though. I'm not sure if this MSRP is different, but if so, I would think that the regular one is cheaper? I've only looked at the keyboards.
By the looks of things on PC Part Picker, the 2013 model is discontinued and only appears on Amazon.ca for $90

The pre-2013 (blue) model seems to be available for around the same price Chroma on newegg.ca ($58.99-$61), which is not worth it given the improvements to grip and sensor on the 2013 and Chroma (currently $59.99 on Amazon and PM for lower at BB).

Screencap of Deathadder Mice on PC Part Picker:
http://i.imgur.com/DWczy4N.png
Jul 19, 2006
108 posts
28 upvotes
omegadivide wrote: ugh. I'd stay away from razer products. consensus is if anything breaks on anything they want you to go to/ship an authorized dealer to get it fixed and if its out of warranty then you're paying quite a lot for repairs. THEY WILL NOT SELL YOU PARTS FOR YOU TO REPAIR YOURSELF.
Why would this matter for a $60 mouse? At that point, I'd just buy a new one. I can understand mechanical keyboards breaking but I never had a mouse break on me.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2012
5065 posts
586 upvotes
Mississauga
Why is this a good deal? Looks like a standard mouse to me.

My sidewinder is acting up (scroll wheel not stopping, left click double clicking)

I was thinking of picking up a refurbished corsair for 20-30$.

I think I picked up a m70 or m90 from ncix for that price
Favourite Games: NieR (PS3), Catherine (PS3), Persona 3 FES/Portable (PS2/PSP), Final Fantasy IX (PSX), Persona 4 Golden (PSV), Witcher 1,2,3 (PC), Skyward Sword (Wii), Pokemon Colosseum (GC), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS), Majora's Mask (3DS), Bravely Default (3DS)
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2182 posts
507 upvotes
Kelowna
I had one of these and didn't care for the rubber grips on the sides compared to my older Deathadder. Also, one of the rubber grips wasn't centered properly so you could feel the edge that rolled up. There are numerous posts online about people having those grips come off in rather short periods of time.
Nov 10, 2015
68 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
are there any difference on the compare to the deathadder 2013? (other than multicolour light)
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1788 posts
244 upvotes
Burlington
Ooo, thanks OP! I need a new mouse as well. Started a new job and had to bring in my Corsair mouse from home since the one they gave me was crap lol
Jan 28, 2013
314 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
omegadivide wrote: ugh. I'd stay away from razer products. consensus is if anything breaks on anything they want you to go to/ship an authorized dealer to get it fixed and if its out of warranty then you're paying quite a lot for repairs. THEY WILL NOT SELL YOU PARTS FOR YOU TO REPAIR YOURSELF.
I've been using this mouse almost on a daily basis for over 5 years (older Deathadder) and there has been no issues whatsoever.

Plus, I don't know any company that will sell you parts for you to fix it yourself, maybe I just don't break things too often.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
1274 posts
258 upvotes
North Vancouver
That doesn't even make sense. What company sell you parts to repair yourself LOL

I don't question razers build quality. All of my razer products had broken parts or stopped working after a while. I never buy razer products anymore. Last one was a Razer Blade but it's still going strong.

However their customer service was great to me. I didn't have to send products back. They simply requested me to cut off the wire to my Mamba and Naga and they sent me a new one. Didn't cost me anything.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 14, 2005
2438 posts
1382 upvotes
Markham
jqn525 wrote: I've been using this mouse almost on a daily basis for over 5 years (older Deathadder) and there has been no issues whatsoever.

Plus, I don't know any company that will sell you parts for you to fix it yourself, maybe I just don't break things too often.
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/ROG-Republic ... G_Gladius/

I am also looking at this. The grip is similar to the deathadder, many are refering to the Gladius as deathadder 2.0

They do sell you the omron mouse click switch replacements.. however.. it is rated at 20million clicks or something like that.. by the time you get that many clicks in.. you probably had your carpel tunnel surgery already. For most people, replaceable parts are honestly not a concern.. I don't know why he is so upset about it
A
Dec 30, 2015
18 posts
10 upvotes
I've used my razer death adder for about 5 years. The exterior shell started dieing on me so I changed to a zowie za12. However the deathadder still works perfectly fine. But that could be because I actually took the time to open it up and clean out the mouse.