Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro Bluetooth Gaming Mouse - Black Sale $119.99 Reg $159.99

[OP]
Jul 31, 2020
383 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] Razer DeathAdder V2 Pro Bluetooth Gaming Mouse - Black Sale $119.99 Reg $159.99

I bought one of these to destroy!
how long will it last me?
is this price worth it?
we are also logitech and steelseries users too!

here's an unboxing video

Thread Summary
See how the Rzaer DeathAdder V2 compares to others in RFD Reviews' roundup of the best gaming mice!
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
8672 posts
8279 upvotes
The shape is simply perfect. Extremely ergonomic and comfortable. The right size, and the right weight. It essentially copies the shape of the old Intellimouse.

A perfect compromise in regards to weight and heft between chunky mice like the Logitech G502 or G604, and ridiculously lightweight mice with holes or whatever.

I don't get people who buy 59g mice. It is simply ridiculous.

Plus it has optical switches so they will never develop accidental double clicking issues, unlike all Logitech mice.

The choice is really easy.
Last edited by Poutinesauce on Aug 28th, 2021 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 24, 2008
682 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
how long does the battery last
Jun 29, 2019
69 posts
135 upvotes
All Razer mice are on sale at Razer's Canadian website. I have the Viper Ultimate and it's the best gaming mouse. I simply love it.

Logitech products use micro USB cables (in 2021!!!) and develop issues such as double clicking. They're not worth it at all unless you love spending money on repurchasing products.
May 21, 2006
72 posts
35 upvotes
My adder has been having problems.

The scroll click is working, but the scroll itself no longer works.

It's only been a few months. I can't suggest this mouse.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3607 posts
3860 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ZaeemKhan wrote: All Razer mice are on sale at Razer's Canadian website. I have the Viper Ultimate and it's the best gaming mouse. I simply love it.

Logitech products use micro USB cables (in 2021!!!) and develop issues such as double clicking. They're not worth it at all unless you love spending money on repurchasing products.
I have a slew of mx anywhere and mx master wireless mice in the house and have no issues with any of them developing double click issues. Only issue I've ever had was one of the mx master thumb buttons had seized up. Quick google search revealed a quick fix, which was to loosen 2 screws slightly, that hold the button in place (2 minute fix and back to working like new).

Regarding microUSB, sure, they should have probably gone to USBC. But honestly, not a deal breaker when you only need to charge them once every 4 to 6 months. The part I really like on these logitech mice is the fact that you can sync them with up to 3 different devices, and switch from one to the other with a simple press of a button, under the mouse. I have single mouse on my desk, and I switch easily between my PC, Work Laptop and my personal Surface Pro. And yes I know you can install software to have it flow from one device to another (logitech and 3rd party ones), but the button is just a lot better for me.

All these mice are very subjective. What one person loves, another person will completely hate. So you get whatever feels most comfortable to you, at the budget you are willing to spend. There is no one universal BEST mouse or keyboard.
Jun 29, 2019
69 posts
135 upvotes
Absolutely. Each mouse is subjective. That's why I love the fact that there are so many options!
Apr 21, 2015
366 posts
452 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The best thing about the mouse is the ergonomics. Honestly probably the best mouse I've ever held in terms of hand feel. But I am annoyed by the software it comes with and I despise the rubber grip on the thumb. My thumb constantly slid off when I sweat.

I vote buy overall if you're looking for a good mouse.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2510 posts
945 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
My G900 just started developing the dreaded double clicking problem so I do need a new mouse. I used to have the original Deathadder but I couldn't stand the Razer software. Has it improved at all over time? It's been a few years.
Apr 21, 2015
366 posts
452 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RandomSanity wrote: Has it improved at all over time? It's been a few years.
not even a little bit. probably worse now.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2539 posts
1119 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote: My G900 just started developing the dreaded double clicking problem so I do need a new mouse. I used to have the original Deathadder but I couldn't stand the Razer software. Has it improved at all over time? It's been a few years.
my G903 has this problem after 6 months. Got a new one under warranty and the problem seem to be gone on this one.
Jul 21, 2008
588 posts
327 upvotes
I always want to love Razer mice cause the designs look perfect for me but every time I buy one it gets a double click issue after the first year. Luckily I haven't had the same issues with Logitech but they don't have the same kind of designs.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5273 posts
3955 upvotes
chester222 wrote: My adder has been having problems.

The scroll click is working, but the scroll itself no longer works.

It's only been a few months. I can't suggest this mouse.
death adder v1? RMA it and they will give you version 2 without cost, paying for shipping both ways for the RMA. V1 has issues with the switches that is very well known.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2677 posts
1142 upvotes
xpressmerchant wrote: my G903 has this problem after 6 months. Got a new one under warranty and the problem seem to be gone on this one.
It will come back. It's just a matter of time. Logitech mice all seem to be a on timer now - they can be loaded with features but it doesn't matter how much you spend, they're not durable.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
3607 posts
3860 upvotes
Montreal, QC
spiralspirit wrote: It will come back. It's just a matter of time. Logitech mice all seem to be a on timer now - they can be loaded with features but it doesn't matter how much you spend, they're not durable.
Must depend on models however. I have at least one MX Anywhere 2S which I use with my work laptop daily for the last 4 years, and have had ZERO issues. And it get's a little banged around also in my backpack when I go back and forth to/from the office. Obviously a lot less travel nowadays with the pandemic, but still does see it's fair share.
Sep 23, 2014
689 posts
1012 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can anyone chime in on this vs humanscale razer pro click? tia
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2518 posts
848 upvotes
Toronto
DO NOT buy Razer mice. Almost all of them have double clicking or some other switch problems which you'll get after a few months. Then to RMA it, they force you to record a video, then ship it to them and wait before they test it and send a replacement, even though this is a super common problem with razer mice.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
2539 posts
1119 upvotes
nuwan32 wrote: they force you to record a video
Logitech did the same thing. It's a pain to RMA it. Waste of time.