Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy Boxing Day

Razer Viper Ultimate 20000 DPI Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse with RGB Dock - Black - $99.99 / Mouse without Dock $79.99

Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1082 posts
1826 upvotes
reyoasian wrote: Depends on your usage.

I have the dock and it works for me because:
- I set the dock RGB to show battery level, and place it on top of my bookshelf speaker
- Whenever the battery turns orange (below 50%) or red (below 25%), I just leave the mouse on the dock while I'm doing something (watching something, working using another mouse/machine, not on the computer, etc.)
- Therefore, I never run into a scenario where I need to use the mouse when it's out of juice

However, if you're constantly letting it drain and you end up needing to use it wired, then the dock may not be efficient depending on how/where you place it.
Example, if I had to run the mouse wired, I'd have to untangle the cable, unplug it from the dock, and route it around the desk to plug it into the mouse directly.
Whoa thats a great idea (not a fan of RGB) and was wondering what my battery was at.. was it just a setting?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2014
2082 posts
2172 upvotes
Laputa
bam136 wrote: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003 ... 0045%22%7D

Found it for yah, reasonable price! Might not be original, but seems like it might do the trick.
Thx for sharing it. ya, $45~$50, I would prefer to pay extra $50 to get the deal in this thread, but the situation is, I don't need any mouse as backup recently.
It's hard to make the decision.

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2007
1792 posts
1325 upvotes
Vancouver
Millenniunn wrote: Thx for sharing it. ya, $45~$50, I would prefer to pay extra $50 to get the deal in this thread, but the situation is, I don't need any mouse as backup recently.
It's hard to make the decision.
You could sell the RVU mouse, it's a pretty popular model and this is very cheap. You might even make money
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3521 posts
981 upvotes
Toronto
I don't need it... I already have a gaming mouse... but I just want to buy new stuff....
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2014
2082 posts
2172 upvotes
Laputa
cgg123321 wrote: You could sell the RVU mouse, it's a pretty popular model and this is very cheap. You might even make money
wow, good idea! How could I have just forgotten this method... Ordering...

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Member
User avatar
Sep 16, 2011
421 posts
402 upvotes
Southern AB
Bought it for $136 on Nov 2nd, I should quality for a price adjustment yes?

Edit: Yes, I got the price adjusted.
Last edited by seriosbrad on Nov 19th, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
Ausmack wrote: I'm clicking it right now and it's the exact same
Great, thanks. I will return this and buy from BB.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
Millenniunn wrote: Thx for sharing it. ya, $45~$50, I would prefer to pay extra $50 to get the deal in this thread, but the situation is, I don't need any mouse as backup recently.
It's hard to make the decision.
You may have clicked on my first post, before I edited the better price. It's 25 USD + tax shipped. I'd say that's reasonable eh?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 29, 2014
2082 posts
2172 upvotes
Laputa
bam136 wrote: You may have clicked on my first post, before I edited the better price. It's 25 USD + tax shipped. I'd say that's reasonable eh?
emmm, seems I clicked the url in the email before you edited. ya, $25~35 is a reasonable price for me, and it also has RGB. Thx for sharing!

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Sr. Member
Feb 2, 2017
513 posts
666 upvotes
bam136 wrote: So, your left click sounds exactly the same as your right? My right click is a bit higher pitched. They are noticeably different (sound wise) if I go back and forth. They both feel fine though..
It's not about the sound your buttons make. It's about the feel. I am currently using my G502 and my mouse buttons make noticeably different sounds. Same with my RVU at home. I don't think you will find a mouse where the buttons will make the same sound

If you feel one side is mushy or has this grinding feeling then you have an old version. I would suggest you to return it because the experience is night and day.
Sr. Member
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
jaydubz wrote: It's not about the sound your buttons make. It's about the feel. I am currently using my G502 and my mouse buttons make noticeably different sounds. Same with my RVU at home. I don't think you will find a mouse where the buttons will make the same sound

If you feel one side is mushy or has this grinding feeling then you have an old version. I would suggest you to return it because the experience is night and day.
I'm of the opinion, that if they are the same optical switch and one sounds different l... Then there is likely an issue. Does that make sense to you?
Sr. Member
Jul 3, 2008
833 posts
321 upvotes
boisbriand
80$ with dock? Is that an error?
Images
  • D03B6706-92D9-4269-AF10-0CE36CEA8659.jpeg
Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2018
244 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
nosebleedXD wrote: if you are looking for a wfh mouse with bluetooth capabilities, can consider the razer orochi v2 or the deathadder v2 x hyperspeed

Only downside it is requires a AA/AAA battery.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ra ... k/15446909
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ra ... k/15766366
Why would AA batteries be a bad thing? Would you like to be stuck with integrated proprietary battery that costs the same as the mouse when you need to replace?
Sr. Member
Aug 17, 2012
636 posts
571 upvotes
COQUITLAM
peepthetoad wrote: Why would AA batteries be a bad thing? Would you like to be stuck with integrated proprietary battery that costs the same as the mouse when you need to replace?
Realistically, by the time the battery of the mouse starts dying, you'll likely have either replaced the mouse with a better one or it's broken down due to something else.

The mouse can lasts 70 hours.

Lithium-Ion batteries lasts like 300x full charges before the battery capacity hits 80%.

Even if you were to use it constantly without stop, that's only around 121x full charges per year.

It'll take years before it reaches 80% capacity, longer if you only charge at around 40% up to 80% to avoid straining the battery, and even then, that's around 56 hours for a full charge.
Sr. Member
Jul 20, 2009
639 posts
111 upvotes
Ottawa
StEeElNuTz wrote: 80$ with dock? Is that an error?
I am curious to know as well. Will jump right on it if it is 80 with dock
Newbie
Jun 1, 2021
36 posts
7 upvotes
general question for BB’s BF deal, will there be more coming out on Nov 30?
Member
Sep 13, 2008
266 posts
6 upvotes
It's a con for some since replacing the battery can be a hassle.

Personally I would get the new deathadder x hyperspeed since it does not use optical switches
peepthetoad wrote: Why would AA batteries be a bad thing? Would you like to be stuck with integrated proprietary battery that costs the same as the mouse when you need to replace?
Member
User avatar
Sep 15, 2018
244 posts
157 upvotes
Ottawa
VillageIdiot wrote: Realistically, by the time the battery of the mouse starts dying, you'll likely have either replaced the mouse with a better one or it's broken down due to something else.

The mouse can lasts 70 hours.

Lithium-Ion batteries lasts like 300x full charges before the battery capacity hits 80%.

Even if you were to use it constantly without stop, that's only around 121x full charges per year.

It'll take years before it reaches 80% capacity, longer if you only charge at around 40% up to 80% to avoid straining the battery, and even then, that's around 56 hours for a full charge.
There are li ion AA batteries too. The pro is you can get like 2 pairs and swap them out for recharging too in case you forget to charge the mouse

Top