Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy Boxing Day

Razer Viper Ultimate 20000 DPI Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse with RGB Dock - Black - $99.99 / Mouse without Dock $79.99

Mar 3, 2020
215 posts
384 upvotes
I have a 2104 direct from Hong Kong as I had to RMA my mouse, and now it has a double scroll issue. :^)

RMA round two, I guess.
Oct 25, 2019
20 posts
7 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote: What I have now that I consider excellent is actually a 2049 from a Best Buy in AB, including the dock. I've had a different 2049 previously with extremely wobbly side thumb buttons before, so unfortunately there are still some problems even between same serial numbers. I'd say as long as you are on a gen 2 (2037+) switch without any other issues, I'd stick with it. If you have to return it, maybe RMA it to Razer instead for an even newer replacement.
Thanks for the insight. I’m good with the buttons in the latest gen. The problem with the 202049 was excessive wobble (ie. the mouse itself does not sit flat so tips when you use the right click). The 202052 is definitely better but still there.
Dec 23, 2011
76 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
what is the difference between the mercury version vs the non mercury version at Besbuyt.ca ?
Jul 3, 2008
835 posts
322 upvotes
boisbriand
I come from a decade of multiple logitech gaming mice and this razer is effin good

I like it a lot
Buy buy buy
Aug 4, 2014
103 posts
165 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Vanmike888 wrote: what is the difference between the mercury version vs the non mercury version at Besbuyt.ca ?
Literally just the colour I believe, other than the fact that it doesn't appear that the mercury version is available at Best Buy.

Edit: oops it's 4 grams heavier
Last edited by sireatsalot on Dec 3rd, 2021 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1875 posts
2307 upvotes
TORONTO
sireatsalot wrote: Literally just the colour I believe, other than the fact that it doesn't appear that the mercury version is available at Best Buy.
White is 4g heavier, due to material used I guess.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Aug 4, 2014
103 posts
165 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Ooh you're right. I just remembered that I watched this reviewer talk about the mercury and he mentioned how it's 4 grams heavier for whatever reason.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1087 posts
1826 upvotes
Anyone know of a good travel case for this?
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
I lucked out with my Amazon warehouse purchase, ended up having a slight difference in the left vs right click.. still works nicely, no double clicking or anything.

I called up Amazon and said I purchased one from BB and that there were obviously issues with this mouse. They must have had it returned a few times. They gave me a refund and told me I could keep/donate it.

Scoreeee, back went the other one to BB.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4966 posts
7016 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
bam136 wrote: I lucked out with my Amazon warehouse purchase, ended up having a slight difference in the left vs right click.. still works nicely, no double clicking or anything.

I called up Amazon and said I purchased one from BB and that there were obviously issues with this mouse. They must have had it returned a few times. They gave me a refund and told me I could keep/donate it.

Scoreeee, back went the other one to BB.
Why are you posting about how you scammed Amazon?
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote: Why are you posting about how you scammed Amazon?
Read what I posted, I did not scam Amazon. Why are you so mad? Look within.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4966 posts
7016 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
bam136 wrote: Read what I posted, I did not scam Amazon. Why are you so mad? Look within.
You told Amazon it was defective when it isn't?
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote: You told Amazon it was defective when it isn't?
There is a difference between left and right click. Ie it has a manufacturing defect, therefore it is defective.

Item was likely returned a few times due to this issue, but Amazon kept trying to sell it. This was the last chance they were willing to give the mouse.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4966 posts
7016 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
bam136 wrote: There is a difference between left and right click. Ie it has a manufacturing defect, therefore it is defective.

Item was likely returned a few times due to this issue, but Amazon kept trying to sell it. This was the last chance they were willing to give the mouse.
"slight difference in the left vs right click.. still works nicely, no double clicking or anything."

Idk, if you're happy with it, doesn't sound good is defective. Don't post this publicly, or lurking losers will try to scam retailers like this.
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote: "slight difference in the left vs right click.. still works nicely, no double clicking or anything."

Idk, if you're happy with it, doesn't sound good is defective. Don't post this publicly, or lurking losers will try to scam retailers like this.
When two identical optical switches click differently, then that is concerning for me. I'm happy with it as a free mouse vs having paid for a mouse that could have issues, there is a difference. That is the reason for my attempt at returning.

Keep your 'wisdom' to yourself please and ty.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4966 posts
7016 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
bam136 wrote: When two identical optical switches click differently, then that is concerning for me. I'm happy with it as a free mouse vs having paid for a mouse that could have issues, there is a difference. That is the reason for my attempt at returning.

Keep your 'wisdom' to yourself please and ty.
Keep your scammy scores to yourself
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5777 posts
4190 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
I have one too. I already had it RMA'd twice for the button issues. I really want to love it cause it ticks all the things I like. Lightweight, reliable wireless performance, fits in my hand better than Logitech's G Pro. But if the button issue come again and out of warranty, I'm going for another brand. May try the Glorious O mice or hopefully Logitech comes out with a newer one.
Oct 24, 2010
756 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote: Keep your scammy scores to yourself
I don't want to resort to personal attacks, if you don't see the fault in your illogical conclusion of this being scammy.. then I can't really help you.

Good luck to you sir, look within.