• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2022 11:01 am
[OP]
Apr 21, 2013
7 posts
30 upvotes
Edmonton

[Best Buy] RBSM eBikes - Refurbished

Looks like Best Buy is clearing out RBSM refurbished eBikes. These are this year's model from Costco. I put the link up to the Mud Adder because I bought a new one from Costco for $1,750 and love it. Thought about buying another one for the Mrs. - It's a legit $550 drop. If you search "RBSM Refurbished" they have a few other models available too.

I regularly ride it on the Legacy Trail from Canmore --> Banff and back. 25KM each way with a fair number of hills. After 50KM round trip, the battery still shows 50%. Assembly was a bit touchy and I have a feeling some of the refurbishes might be people who had trouble with that. RBSM put a pretty good video walkthrough on YouTube that took me about an hour to get through with no prior bike assembly experience.

Costco is out of stock on new ones now. Seems like a combination good price, and good last chance to find an eBike.
47 replies
Jan 25, 2016
755 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto
Hitnake wrote: Can anyone chime on these?
Condition says 9/10. Concerned the battery doesn’t have a lot of charges left. If I have to replace the battery in the next year, there goes the deal on the bike.
Jul 29, 2017
180 posts
55 upvotes
HelloNanaimo wrote: Condition says 9/10. Concerned the battery doesn’t have a lot of charges left. If I have to replace the battery in the next year, there goes the deal on the bike.
Between the viper, copperhead, and mud adder which one do you think is the better option?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1253 posts
5014 upvotes
Van Isle
starfire007 wrote: Looks like Best Buy is clearing out RBSM refurbished eBikes. These are this year's model from Costco. I put the link up to the Mud Adder because I bought a new one from Costco for $1,750 and love it. Thought about buying another one for the Mrs. - It's a legit $550 drop. If you search "RBSM Refurbished" they have a few other models available too.

I regularly ride it on the Legacy Trail from Canmore --> Banff and back. 25KM each way with a fair number of hills. After 50KM round trip, the battery still shows 50%. Assembly was a bit touchy and I have a feeling some of the refurbishes might be people who had trouble with that. RBSM put a pretty good video walkthrough on YouTube that took me about an hour to get through with no prior bike assembly experience.

Costco is out of stock on new ones now. Seems like a combination good price, and good last chance to find an eBike.
Thx OP. Can you tell me if it has a dedicated throttle control or does the assist just kick-in when its programmed to?
Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
Jan 6, 2011
306 posts
448 upvotes
toronto
starfire007 wrote: Looks like Best Buy is clearing out RBSM refurbished eBikes. These are this year's model from Costco. I put the link up to the Mud Adder because I bought a new one from Costco for $1,750 and love it. Thought about buying another one for the Mrs. - It's a legit $550 drop. If you search "RBSM Refurbished" they have a few other models available too.

OP what would you say is minimum height for these? wife is 5'1 so i my options are limited..
Jul 29, 2017
180 posts
55 upvotes
Pulled the trigger on the mud adder but now I have second thoughts that maybe I should have gone for the viper 54
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2560 posts
1942 upvotes
GTA
As an earlier posted said, it is all about the battery. If they do not get new battery; I would stay away from them. You may be lucky to get a good one, but no guaranty - god knows how the previous owners abused them.
¸

- - - - -
;)
[OP]
Apr 21, 2013
7 posts
30 upvotes
Edmonton
My GF is about 5'4 and with the seat all the way down it fits her. But only just. Probably wouldn't recommend for 5'1
[OP]
Apr 21, 2013
7 posts
30 upvotes
Edmonton
katwittfan wrote: Thx OP. Can you tell me if it has a dedicated throttle control or does the assist just kick-in when its programmed to?
Dedicated throttle control. Options for assist from 0 (none) to 5. At 5 I accelerate up to the max of 32KM/h pretty quick and it stays there. I keep it from 1-3 in town. Helps out comfortably, but I feel in control.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
4642 posts
7173 upvotes
BC
I've had my refurb RBSM ebike for almost 2 years, really happy with it. Customer service thru email at the time was just one guy named Todd but he was decently responsive and sent out replacement parts. I recall the condition of the bike people received varied for each rfder but mine looked new and barely had any mileage. Box was pretty shredded though.

best-buy-rbsm-pluto-e-bike-refurbished- ... 411908/17/
Jan 25, 2016
755 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto
Hitnake wrote: Between the viper, copperhead, and mud adder which one do you think is the better option?
I like the mud adder, it is more versatile if you plan on going on trails. Each person prefers something different, just my opinion.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2581 posts
2359 upvotes
What is warranty on these? I would think the biggest concern is battery longevity.

Edit: Nm found it 90 days
Mar 25, 2010
131 posts
196 upvotes
Québec
This has nothing to do with this particular deal, but if you're on the edge for an electric bike, do yourself a favor and go for it.

I'm 30, never really loved the outdoor. Any kind of exercise felt like a chore. I always liked motorized activities though. Electric bikes are a real nice middle ground. You can go almost anywhere you want, as it isn't considered a 4 wheeler nor a dirt bike or any of that stuff. You still get a throttle for hills, or when you're just running low on energy, need some wind to cool down, etc.

Great way to experience the outdoor and do some kind of exercise -at your own pace-. I got a mountain bike since I wanted to try out light mountain bike trails, as well as being versatile enough to just do gravel/roads. This deal seems very similar to what I bought (NCM Moscow+) and priced around the same. Great model to try out a bit of everything at a reasonable price point.

Last note, for those in Quebec with access to proof of residence in Laval, you can get a credit of 400$. I got my bike 20% off and stacked that 400$ on top of it making it a no brainer. Check your city's credit programs.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3470 posts
3559 upvotes
Montreal, QC
So difficult to find the weight of this bike. After some search it seems to be 52 pounds, would that be accurate?
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Jun 27, 2005
223 posts
37 upvotes
I have a Mud Adder that I got from Costco a year or so ago. I have been riding it a few Kms to work every day and am not especially happy with it.

The derailleur keeps going out of adjustment and often when I lower the assist level it causes a noticeable resistance, like I am all of a sudden pedalling an exercise bike at the highest setting. Now that I am in a bit better shape I feel like the bike hinders me more than helps on all but the steepest hills. The brakes work well at least. And nothing has actually broken.

My wife’s mid-drive Devinci ebike rides a lot better. More smooth and subtle electric assist and nicer components. It also cost $3500 though.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22593 posts
7820 upvotes
ShinConker wrote: This has nothing to do with this particular deal, but if you're on the edge for an electric bike, do yourself a favor and go for it.

I'm 30, never really loved the outdoor. Any kind of exercise felt like a chore. I always liked motorized activities though. Electric bikes are a real nice middle ground. You can go almost anywhere you want, as it isn't considered a 4 wheeler nor a dirt bike or any of that stuff. You still get a throttle for hills, or when you're just running low on energy, need some wind to cool down, etc.

Great way to experience the outdoor and do some kind of exercise -at your own pace-. I got a mountain bike since I wanted to try out light mountain bike trails, as well as being versatile enough to just do gravel/roads. This deal seems very similar to what I bought (NCM Moscow+) and priced around the same. Great model to try out a bit of everything at a reasonable price point.

Last note, for those in Quebec with access to proof of residence in Laval, you can get a credit of 400$. I got my bike 20% off and stacked that 400$ on top of it making it a no brainer. Check your city's credit programs.
This whole town (Thunder Bay) is outdoors! Deer, geese, bobcats, eagles, all within the city limits. Outside, bears, moose, etc. Skunks and other nuisance animals all over the place. River with a paved walking trail that runs for miles right down the street from me. The bike would be useful to get around to see friends (well, some of them...the ones out of the town proper would require a car) and get to work and back. I don't want to try and run one of these in the snow and cold. Battery efficiency would go way down then anyway. Our needs are somewhat different I think. All good though...
Mar 25, 2010
131 posts
196 upvotes
Québec
DougO wrote: This whole town (Thunder Bay) is outdoors! Deer, geese, bobcats, eagles, all within the city limits. Outside, bears, moose, etc. Skunks and other nuisance animals all over the place. River with a paved walking trail that runs for miles right down the street from me. The bike would be useful to get around to see friends (well, some of them...the ones out of the town proper would require a car) and get to work and back. I don't want to try and run one of these in the snow and cold. Battery efficiency would go way down then anyway. Our needs are somewhat different I think. All good though...
I think our needs are different by a fair margin ahah. If it's just to get around and visit friends, you should consider an electric scooter! half the price, easy to fold and can be taken inside where ever you go! One of my ex-colleagues rode one to work all summer long (MTL). It basically paid for itself considering the price of gas (even more relevant nowadays).
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1220 posts
647 upvotes
This was selling for $599 before. Sure , let me just get my time machine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)