Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

RBSM Pluto e-Bike - Refurbished - Only $599!!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2023 3:21 pm
Banned
Oct 5, 2015
33 posts
108 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Best Buy] RBSM Pluto e-Bike - Refurbished - Only $599!!

Hottest price I have seen on an electric bike so far. The product is refurbished and is being sold by a Marketplace seller, but appears to be a great deal.

I searched the product on google and found that Costco.ca has the non-refurb at $1499.

Does anyone know more about this bike?
330 replies
Aug 2, 2019
46 posts
40 upvotes
Only three reviews on the seller which might be a bit risky. Not sure if Best Buy marketplace offers protections against that kind of thing
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
RBSM distributes this bike and they are the seller so I think so they are secure. Very hot price. The rear hub is selling for close to half that price.
Nov 23, 2014
517 posts
461 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Crazy hot, they still sell new for over 1500 and they've been selling out at Costco every year at that price.
Nov 21, 2012
315 posts
171 upvotes
I'm trying to find it online, but looks a bit big for someone who is 5'5?
Banned
Apr 15, 2010
25 posts
36 upvotes
Thx OP great deal! I have this bike, bought from Best Buy last year (got a new one on sale for $999). I didn't had any issues with the quality or the packaging. It works great, I would like a little more power on steep hills, but who wouldn't... lol

Just bought another one for my son!
Apr 4, 2020
32 posts
51 upvotes
Bike got stolen this summer, this is great timing and will be great for next year! Thx OP
Banned
Apr 15, 2010
25 posts
36 upvotes
rachfell wrote: I'm trying to find it online, but looks a bit big for someone who is 5'5?
I might be a tiny bit big for you... safe with 5'7" and above.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1120 posts
347 upvotes
GVR
stvross wrote: AND it's already a refurb product....
The "refurbs" are probably all the Costco returns lol
Dec 25, 2008
69 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
For those in BC, looks like no PST on it which is a nice benefit as e-bikes normally have it. For $599, I think I'll give it a shot...
Jul 20, 2018
527 posts
475 upvotes
Careful with this.

Few things I’ve found online, battery is very small and if you’re keeping this outdoors it likely won’t survive rhe winter. It also states 50kms and people say it’s more realistically around 10-15km. If you’re in BC like I am, it’s not enough for the hills. Also, it doesn’t seem to include the battery. If you look under what’s included it doesn’t list the battery and several posts on Reddit of people stating that the battery had to be bought separately.

For those reasons, I’m out.
Banned
Apr 15, 2010
25 posts
36 upvotes
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: Careful with this.

Few things I’ve found online, battery is very small and if you’re keeping this outdoors it likely won’t survive rhe winter. It also states 50kms and people say it’s more realistically around 10-15km. If you’re in BC like I am, it’s not enough for the hills. Also, it doesn’t seem to include the battery. If you look under what’s included it doesn’t list the battery and several posts on Reddit of people stating that the battery had to be bought separately.

They went to the trouble of saying "NOTE; Refurbs do not come with rear light as pictured". The bike would be useless without it and would cause 100% returns. They also state the specs of the battery "Battery: 36 volt, 7.8 AH. , 280-watt-hours, Lithium ion, LG battery cells, can be charged on or off the bike" in the description. They don't list under what's included, likely as its a no brainer, I can't see why they would list the charger if there is no battery to charge?

Can you post the link to the Reddit post regarding this, I wasn't able to find it...

Also agreed on the battery life, the range for 50km is definitely the max, not the normal range. A couple things impact the range, including; hills & your weight. I weigh about 160lbs and live in Vancouver with lots of hills and get 20-25kms on mine. I do also store it indoors.
Last edited by Deal_Time on Oct 21st, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4211 posts
5052 upvotes
Montreal, QC
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: If you look under what’s included it doesn’t list the battery and several posts on Reddit of people stating that the battery had to be bought separately.
Battery: 36 volt, 7.8 AH. , 280-watt-hours, Lithium ion, LG battery cells, can be charged on or off the bike
If the battery was really not included, it would be false advertizing. It's in their feature list, and also no electric bike maker lists the battery as an accessory, it's all part of the bike. They don't mention tires either in the "included" list but it's still there, right? Also, the battery is hidden in the frame, not sure how you'd install it if you had to buy separately.

By the way folks the motor in 350W so yeah it won't be super powerful and of course the battery won't last very long because it's a small battery that's hidden in the frame. The price for an elegant bike is either a small batery or a very expensive, high tech one.
Last edited by WillyBaldy on Oct 21st, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1883 posts
1292 upvotes
Manitoba
Dang! Tempted to jump on this and make it a gravel-ish bike setup.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
14631 posts
3358 upvotes
Vancouver
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: Careful with this.

Shark tank? :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)