Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] RBSM Pluto e-Bike - Refurbished - Only $599!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2020 3:58 am
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
JulianH26518 wrote: I jumped on it before the price hiked for $600 and they messaged me that it shipped on Oct 23rd, but when I try to track my tracking number on canpar I don't get jack which concerns me. I can't even reach their customer support line either through waiting or call-back it's a dumpster fire for sure to get any info on where the heck my bike is. @Mikedealhunter Glad you're getting a new bike! I would have flipped if my bike comes in that condition. I'll post pics when I get mine hopefully this week. I'm trying to find answers since it shipped on a Friday, but it's been one whole week of 5 business days and nothing yet so idk what to think right now. Hoping it didn't get lost in translation.
Did you get a tracking number on Friday or did canpar say they picked it up?
Jan 8, 2006
21 posts
18 upvotes
My Canpar tracking finally shows picked up at Hamilton! I ordered on the 24th. Got the first tracking email on the 27th and today (Nov. 2nd) it finally updated with the pickup.
Aug 31, 2020
8 posts
1 upvote
They gave me a tracking number, but it doesn't even populate on their website. The email from BB told me it shipped as well and CANPAR would be the one carrying it. I called and finally got a live agent and he essentially told me to wait another 1-2 business days and that CANPAR doesn't ship anything, they just fulfill/receive?? I'm so confused... he was very rude and condescending too. Pretty bad experience so far. I contacted the seller on Bestbuy to get more info on wtf is going on :(.
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
JulianH26518 wrote: They gave me a tracking number, but it doesn't even populate on their website. The email from BB told me it shipped as well and CANPAR would be the one carrying it. I called and finally got a live agent and he essentially told me to wait another 1-2 business days and that CANPAR doesn't ship anything, they just fulfill/receive?? I'm so confused... he was very rude and condescending too. Pretty bad experience so far. I contacted the seller on Bestbuy to get more info on wtf is going on :(.
It's probably the same situation that I'm having, they just issue the tracking number but don't ship out until later.
Sep 1, 2010
20 posts
13 upvotes
Surrey
My bike arrived today. Setup took around an hour, and as far as I can tell there are no missing pieces (though I have two springs leftover after assembly and I have no idea what they're for).

The box itself was in great condition with no holes/gouges. Everything was totally loose in the box, though, and I do have a number of scratches on the frame and one of the wheels. That said, I'd say it's around 8/10 condition -- nothing I'd formally complain about, given the price.

One word of warning: several of the parts that were supposed to be manufacturer-installed or setup were done incorrectly on my bike. Setup should have only taken 20-30 minutes, but I didn't realize why things weren't working until I realized that either the manufacturer or the original owner completely messed up some parts. The assembly video is helpful but make sure you really compare your bike to the one they're showing because some things that should be 'givens' are not necessarily so.

I took it for a very quick test ride, and the power was amazing. No idea how the battery life will be, but even at level 1 (lowest) it was easy going up a slight hill. I tried out 9 (max) and it was outrageously easy. Looking forward to using it!
Mar 4, 2014
118 posts
19 upvotes
Received mine today, box was in great condition but bike was loose inside. A few scratches on the frame and wheels and the front fender is cracked, overall 8/10 condition.

On a more serious note, I don't think the battery is charging, it was showing zero bars when I first turned it on and after charging for about an hour the charger is green but only 1 bar on the display. Haven't ridden yet, but motor does work when I free wheel it. Contacted seller, awaiting reply. Disappointed Face
Oct 3, 2006
834 posts
415 upvotes
Mikedealhunter wrote: I got mine yesterday, all parts complete but with major deep scratches everywhere that I can see the aluminum already. Bike works fine, front and rear spokes needs alignment. It’s used and abused, no where near refurb.
I have the same experience. Major deep scratches everywhere, I has to buy wheel nut from my local shop bike and a valve cap because these pieces are missing... and when all was finally ready to ride, I inflated the tire... and surprise... already a flat on the rear wheel. These refurbished are very used!!!
May 2, 2016
41 posts
17 upvotes
For my part, I had very good service with the seller. I was missing one screw and everything else was new. Not a single mark on it. The bike works really well and is also beautiful. We will see how the battery will behave after 2-3 years. I might be lucky ... but I am 100% satisfied. For the price paid ...
Mar 4, 2014
118 posts
19 upvotes
Green light usually means fully charged, but did leave it plug in all night, same result, 1 bar. Sent photos to support, hopefully something good comes out of it.

Also, it doesn't look like the original battery as the battery charging port was not aligned properly with the charging hole, when I went to adjust the battery mounting screws, 2 were missing and 1 screw was stripped. Clearly something happened there.
Oct 3, 2006
834 posts
415 upvotes
Ho... and I forget... one of the pedal thread was badly striped. I'm a plumber, and I know how to screw... and I had to do some work on the thread and put some special conpound to allow the installation... The seller just answer me about my out of the box flat... and he'll send me a tube.
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
Finally got picked up in Hamilton. I wonder how long it would get here (I'm in the Vancouver, BC area) and hopefully, everything is there and that the transit over would be smooth.

Edit: Just used the Canpar calculator, it should be here earliest Friday, latest Monday. Excited!
Last edited by amyellow on Nov 3rd, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 17, 2004
478 posts
148 upvotes
My bike arrived today and so far happy. I ordered on the first day (Oct 21) and got tracking number on 23rd. Canpar didn't have an update until Oct 31st and received bike today in GTA (Markham).

Bike arrived in a thick box with plenty of packaging. It had a few scratches and scuffs (from previous use) and 12km on the ODO. Nothing to complain about but bike was fairly complete. Only missing 1 spring for quick release and red light, but all else was in box including toolkit and manual. Fenders were like new and I did install them.

I'm happy for the price. Battery was fully charged, tires inflated and I took it for a spin after assembly. Very happy with the ride quality and power. I used it on level 3 and was able to average a 24km/hr ride, and I'm not a regular bike rider (I.e. fat and lazy).

Even at 6'2" the bike is a good size. Fits well although I may pick up the handle bar extenders as it's a bit too leaned forward on the front. This may end up going to my dad (5'10") in spring as he wants to ride a bike but his knees are starting to hurt.
Feb 8, 2017
214 posts
114 upvotes
Thanks for the review. Do you know if RBSM will send the handlebar extenders if we ask for them?
Feb 17, 2004
478 posts
148 upvotes
LIKEWTF wrote: Thanks for the review. Do you know if RBSM will send the handlebar extenders if we ask for them?
I don't believe the extender is something RBSM provides, you can get a cheap version on Amazon.ca is ~$30.
Last edited by v82slo on Nov 3rd, 2020 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 17, 2004
478 posts
148 upvotes
I learned a secret today about the Pluto R, I also didn't read the manual incase its there.

- If you press and hold the "-" button on the computer controller the bike will accelerate without having to peddle. The display will show "P" when the motor engages. ***

Other tricks for using the computer (if you didn't get a manual)

- Press and hold the M or middle power button to turn on/off the computer
- Press and hold the "+" button and it will toggle the backlight on/off
- Momentarily press the M or middle power button to toggle between ODO, Trip and Speed
- Momentarily press the "+" button to increase power assist
- Momentarily press the "-" button to decrease power assist
- Power assist varies from 0-9

*** Please only do this when you have control of the bike. I accidentally learned this while standing on the side and had it almost take off without a rider.
Dec 10, 2005
246 posts
51 upvotes
Bike arrived today (Ordered on the 23rd)

Overall positive now thats its assembled and i've tested it.

All components included. Seems to be charging AOK. Odometer noted 24km of use before I got to it.
- Arrived with an extra quick release for the seat, and an extra quick release for the front wheel.
- Boost of 1 is substantial. Fairly easy to hit the 32km/h limits with any fair amount of effort on flat surfaces.

A fair number of scuffs on the aluminum, but nothing that Im concerned about.

The biggest problem during assembly was that the seat post would NOT fit inside the seat tube. Looked like the top of the seat tube had suffered some trauma and a corner of it was knocked/dented in.
- Was able to 'massage' the seat tube with a wrench. Remove the cushion from the seat assembly and proceed to mallet-pound it down to height.
- Now that the seat is in there, I can still wiggle it to slightly adjust angle/height with a fair bit of effort, but I do need to use a wrench for leverage to fully retract the seat post (thankfully, shouldn't need to do that again).

Will be ordering the $30 amazon handlebar extension bit. I'm 6'1 and I'd be more comfortable with higher handlebars.
Ordered this extension. Fits properly. A necessity for my height/reach: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HMP ... UTF8&psc=1

Also, bike came with the rear light.
After a short ride I do hate the handlebar grips. I don't find them grippy or comfortable at all. Will be looking into a replacement or something.
Images
  • IMG_20201105_191551.jpg
  • IMG_20201105_191558.jpg
  • IMG_20201105_191617.jpg
  • IMG_20201105_191642.jpg
  • IMG_20201105_191653.jpg
Last edited by akravator on Nov 5th, 2020 8:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Apr 10, 2003
170 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
akravator wrote: Bike arrived today (Ordered on the 23rd)

Overall positive now thats its assembled and i've tested it.

All components included. Seems to be charging AOK. Odometer noted 24km of use before I got to it.
- Arrived with an extra quick release for the seat, and an extra quick release for the front wheel.
- Boost of 1 is substantial. Fairly easy to hit the 32km/h limits with any fair amount of effort on flat surfaces.

A fair number of scuffs on the aluminum, but nothing that Im concerned about.

The biggest problem during assembly was that the seat post would NOT fit inside the seat tube. Looked like the top of the seat tube had suffered some trauma and a corner of it was knocked/dented in.
- Was able to 'massage' the seat tube with a wrench. Remove the cushion from the seat assembly and proceed to mallet-pound it down to height.
- Now that the seat is in there, I can still wiggle it to slightly adjust angle/height with a fair bit of effort, but I do need to use a wrench for leverage to fully retract the seat post (thankfully, shouldn't need to do that again).

Will be ordering the $30 amazon handlebar extension bit. I'm 6'1 and I'd be more comfortable with higher handlebars.
good review and looks like you have a keeper- can you please post link to the amazon item for raising the handlebar ?
have already asked seller but thought if you knew - would appreciate it .TIA