Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] RBSM Pluto e-Bike - Refurbished - Only $599!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 31st, 2020 3:58 am
Mar 17, 2006
201 posts
208 upvotes
Dzae wrote: Took my bike for its first proper ride today. I'm very impressed! For those who live in Vancouver (as a reference) I went from Granville and Broadway to the end of Spanish Banks and back. I was using the motor on 1 or 2 out of 10 for most of the trip (went up to 4 for a couple really steep hills) and by the time I got home, I was still at 4 out of 5 on the battery. Round trip was 15 KM.

I did notice a couple issues:

1) My seat (default setting) was too far back, and leaning forward was hurting my back. It looks like this is slightly adjustable with one of the Allen wrenches.

2) Everything below #3 on the gears is skipping. I'm not sure why that would be -- not in any way an expert on bike mechanics. Unless someone has a recommendation, I'll probably take it into a shop. That said, using it on gear #3 for the entire trip with 1/10 or even 0/10 on the motor was totally fine.

Overall, I feel like it was excellent value! Excited to use it more in the summer.
I had skipping on gears 3,4,5. I just tightened the tension using the barrel adjuster by the shifter (turn counter-clockwise to tighten the tension, clockwise to loosen). Adjust by using quarter turns and spin the pedal with your hand to test the shifting.
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
Took the bike for a spin today, overall I'm impressed at the performance. Definitely to take note that this is a pedal-assist bike. (Gotta still work a little bit Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat)

Don't like the seat, it's pretty hard and quite uncomfortable.

Got this a little late at $699, but the condition and the performance is definitely worth it! First e-bike for me, good deal!
Sep 1, 2010
20 posts
13 upvotes
Surrey
adangca wrote: I had skipping on gears 3,4,5. I just tightened the tension using the barrel adjuster by the shifter (turn counter-clockwise to tighten the tension, clockwise to loosen). Adjust by using quarter turns and spin the pedal with your hand to test the shifting.
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. My bike is in my building's locker but I'll try that next time I take it out.
Mar 30, 2006
819 posts
29 upvotes
Burnaby
Got mine last week from Canpar, box was in perfect shape, bike was in 8/10 condition with a few bare metal scratches and a few bent spokes. Only missing a front axle spring as far as I can tell. Gears shift nicely. A bit tall for me at 5'7" with 28" inseam, I have the seat bottomed out minus reflector and I can reach the ground on tiptoe. I could probably reach better if I removed the back reflector and bottomed out the seat. Power assist doesn't start right away so its difficult to start from a stop on a hill. Level 1 is plenty of assist for me. Mine came with 334km on the odometer.

What range is everybody getting? I'm 140lb and commute on mostly flat grade on level 1 and am averaging about 26km per charge.
Dec 25, 2016
17 posts
2 upvotes
kiru wrote: Finally ready for the daily commute (at least when the rain stops). :)
Looks great! Could you share which bike rack that is? I would like to add one, too!
Sep 8, 2019
40 posts
39 upvotes
Looks like deal is “back” at $750. New also went down to $1300.
Nov 8, 2008
540 posts
624 upvotes
Mine did arrive (after a long delay courtesy Canpar) - the box was in alright condition, but the parts were just sort of freely sitting in there. The bike has a few bare metal scratches which I'm not too happy with (definitely not 9/10) and is missing some parts (e.g. hardware to mount the front fender - which is cracked), the battery doesn't charge, and the rear tire doesn't hold air.

If I can get it to working condition I think it's still a good deal, but I wonder whether it was inspected before leaving the warehouse at all.
Jan 8, 2006
21 posts
18 upvotes
user556855 wrote: Looks great! Could you share which bike rack that is? I would like to add one, too!
I used this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/Planet-Bike-4004- ... 322&sr=8-1

It was a bit challenging to find one that would fit, due to the width of the back being more than 7", but less than 8 (as I wanted to use same "eye lids" that the rear fender was also using). I didn't use the included spacer, but instead just used 2 nuts on each side. This is because I didn't want the rack to stick out more than it needed too. Hope this helps!
Last edited by kiru on Nov 19th, 2020 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 5, 2015
45 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
have one in vancouver if anyone is interested-- im too short.
Nov 18, 2016
122 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Any one managed to remove the battery? The two black wire plugs are giving me some trouble. Any tips on unplugging them?
Mar 17, 2006
201 posts
208 upvotes
Nick17 wrote: Any one managed to remove the battery? The two black wire plugs are giving me some trouble. Any tips on unplugging them?
I managed to pull them apart with a decent amount of effort. There are 3 pins in the connection, so definitely don't twist it. It has to be pulled apart without twisting. I don't know of any easy way to pull them apart aside from brute force.
Mar 29, 2015
66 posts
36 upvotes
Brossard, QC
Im in ottawa if someone is interested in selling.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11954 posts
1865 upvotes
Vancouver
I saw someone riding the Pluto. It was a real looker IMO. I live the style. Sleek. Where is the battery? I also like the weight. BUT now I see poor reviews. I was planning on a new one. I will have to do more research.
Dec 25, 2016
17 posts
2 upvotes
I’m wondering what to clean the chain with, does anyone have suggestions?
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2011
1146 posts
367 upvotes
Hamilton
user556855 wrote: I’m wondering what to clean the chain with, does anyone have suggestions?
A rag.

I happened to notice these are back on for $699.