Toronto

[Best Buy] RBSM SPORTS Pluto R E-Bike - Refurbished - $749.99

Price has dropped on this e-bike again.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/rb ... d/14340251
17 replies
Jan 12, 2007
341 posts
69 upvotes
I bought one of these with the previous deal, overall I'm pretty happy with it. I suggest either having someone who is knowledgeable or a mechanic to do the adjustments on the bike. Mine required a bunch of minor tweaks to get it going properly.. I'm a bit finicky - rattles, brake adjustment, crank etc.. Overall great value even at this price.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3256 posts
2064 upvotes
GTA
ahshitherewegoagain.jpg

Make sure you have a look at the previous thread for this, there were some unhappy customers.
Aug 29, 2018
275 posts
146 upvotes
I bought one of the refurbs from the other thread. It arrived straight from a return from another customer, beat up and damaged. I complained and they sent me a brand new bike. Incredible. It's an awesome bike, too. Worth it at $750 imo.
Jan 12, 2007
341 posts
69 upvotes
Just coming back to this to those on the fence. Nothing is even close to this price range for ebikes.. even used..I was looking at radbikes for a bit but the single speed metro was a deal breaker for me..
BTW check the geometry to make sure it will fit you. I would say this is medium/large bike..
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
vancdeals wrote: Just coming back to this to those on the fence. Nothing is even close to this price range for ebikes.. even used..I was looking at radbikes for a bit but the single speed metro was a deal breaker for me..
BTW check the geometry to make sure it will fit you. I would say this is medium/large bike..
I bought this at the $699 price last time around and the condition is YMMV. I got lucky and it was 9.75/10, and it runs great so far.

I agree with the above post that this is a medium/large bike and I just fit it at 5' 10". I would think that it would be good for those 5' 8" and above.
Dec 14, 2008
8 posts
2 upvotes
I bought this bike when it first came up on bestbuy refurb... LOVE MY BIKE!!! no complaints very elegant and sleek bike....
Nov 30, 2019
4 posts
Can you take out the battery out for winter storage? There are two screws but I couldn't figure out how to take the battery out after 10 min of trying - will have more time over the weekend. Any hint will be much appreciated..
Nov 4, 2016
184 posts
356 upvotes
i got this bike with the last sale, its great! t was in good shape, but the rear tube had a puncture in it. The OEM sent me a replacement tube. took it out for a few rides before it got too cold, no complaints, works great.
Jul 20, 2018
422 posts
312 upvotes
laike4 wrote: I bought one of the refurbs from the other thread. It arrived straight from a return from another customer, beat up and damaged. I complained and they sent me a brand new bike. Incredible. It's an awesome bike, too. Worth it at $750 imo.
How bad was your bike? Mine is completely mangled and I can’t get a response from them about anything. Cracked fender, damaged caliper, bent rotor, gashes right down to the aluminum.. the list goes on..
Jan 12, 2007
341 posts
69 upvotes
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: How bad was your bike? Mine is completely mangled and I can’t get a response from them about anything. Cracked fender, damaged caliper, bent rotor, gashes right down to the aluminum.. the list goes on..
Try calling them in the morning. I ran into a csr then she routed it to their one guy who seems to take care of issues. I had to email them pictures too of some parts that needed replacement but mine was quite new condition.
Aug 29, 2018
275 posts
146 upvotes
TURNIPtheBEET wrote: How bad was your bike? Mine is completely mangled and I can’t get a response from them about anything. Cracked fender, damaged caliper, bent rotor, gashes right down to the aluminum.. the list goes on..
Mine wasn't that bad. Did you contact them via best buy? That's what I did. Or you can try info@rbsmcorp.com
Jul 3, 2017
223 posts
253 upvotes
Coquitlam
Dealsrfd wrote: Seller is not bestbuy it seems
It is a marketplace seller, many of us has gotten our bikes so I can say that the seller is genuine.
Oct 23, 2013
185 posts
141 upvotes
I was certain I was going to sell my Pluto as it was too big for me (I'm just over 5ft). I then tried another more powerful and expensive ebike that I had previously ordered that came in after. Turns out, the Pluto was a much more enjoyable bike so I sold the other one at cost and kept the Pluto.

To get around my height issues, I stopped caring about the short people jokes. As for the bike, I got a stem shortener and a fork extender/handlebar riser. Makes a huge difference:

https://www.amazon.ca/Azarxis-Handlebar ... B07VT55HXC

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08CRGCC2Y

You can increase the top speed to 40kph and adjust the power levels. At power level 1, I still have 3 of 5 bars after more than 30km.

Great bike for the price. Can't wait for the spring to get back on it.
Images
  • IMG_20201107_093921_DRO.jpg
Aug 29, 2018
275 posts
146 upvotes
Nyaxite wrote: I was certain I was going to sell my Pluto as it was too big for me (I'm just over 5ft). I then tried another more powerful and expensive ebike that I had previously ordered that came in after. Turns out, the Pluto was a much more enjoyable bike so I sold the other one at cost and kept the Pluto.

To get around my height issues, I stopped caring about the short people jokes. As for the bike, I got a stem shortener and a fork extender/handlebar riser. Makes a huge difference:

https://www.amazon.ca/Azarxis-Handlebar ... B07VT55HXC

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08CRGCC2Y

You can increase the top speed to 40kph and adjust the power levels. At power level 1, I still have 3 of 5 bars after more than 30km.

Great bike for the price. Can't wait for the spring to get back on it.
How did you increase the speed and adjust the power levels?

I also used a handlebar riser to raise the handles