[Best Buy] Refurbished Audio Technica lp-60x turntable - $95

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2021 5:15 pm
Mar 7, 2011
205 posts
228 upvotes
Calgary
PaliGap wrote: Lots of turntables under $200 on Canuck Audio Mart
Yeah but my issue is I don't know which are good, and I've tried researching them but it just seems super complicated
Aug 25, 2019
640 posts
646 upvotes
This be Junk!

The phrase Penny wise and Pound Foolish Springs to mind

/Play a new >$30 Album once on this joke and you will then have TWO Pieces of Crap Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed EyesHeavy Exclamation Mark Symbol
"It's your place in the world; it's your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live." — Mae Jemison
Nov 17, 2015
6 posts
3 upvotes
Quebec, QC
dethrock wrote: Sorry I know it seems like I'm crapping on you and I don't mean for it to come across that way. Honestly if people are on a budget, I'd say skip vinyl all together. It's far too costly overall now with an average new album costing $25+. Your right though. A used turntable is almost always better but then you have to factor in an amp with a phono stage or a separate phono stage. I guess this would be the bare minimum for a starter table, usually paired with a pair of computer speakers. There just isn't many entry level options I'd recommend to anyone and unless you have a $400 or $500 budget to start, I'd stick to digital. I get that vinyl is trendy right now but for the average person it just isn't worth it.

I quit going on r/vinyl on Reddit but the amount of people with thousands and thousands of dollars worth of records, playing them on an LP60 with Edifier speakers (decent speakers, don't get me wrong) was just too much to take.
I have the the bluetooth version of it for 2 years now. Bought from Bestbuy, refurbished, seller Audio-Technica. Only from the packaging you could tell it's refurbished, otherwise not a single dust or scratch on the turntable. Listen mostly through audio jack, not via bluetooth. Sound is perfect for a device that costed me 120$. Never have any issues, play vinyls nearly every day.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21031 posts
3661 upvotes
YUL
dethrock wrote: I know numerous people who own these and always have problems with them. If this is your entry into vinyl you're better off sticking with digital.
I would say unless you're going to start with at least a Rega P1 or a Pro-ject, to avoid these cheap turntables, otherwise you don't be hearing the whole point of analog.
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21031 posts
3661 upvotes
YUL
eriknjorl wrote: I have the the bluetooth version of it for 2 years now. Bought from Bestbuy, refurbished, seller Audio-Technica. Only from the packaging you could tell it's refurbished, otherwise not a single dust or scratch on the turntable. Listen mostly through audio jack, not via bluetooth. Sound is perfect for a device that costed me 120$. Never have any issues, play vinyls nearly every day.
All these "bluetooth" or "digital" featured turntables are an oxymoron. The whole point of vinyl is to have the analog sound direct from the turntable to the speakers. As soon as it goes digital anywhere in that link, it defeats the whole point of vinyl.
Nov 17, 2015
6 posts
3 upvotes
Quebec, QC
najibs wrote: All these "bluetooth" or "digital" featured turntables are an oxymoron. The whole point of vinyl is to have the analog sound direct from the turntable to the speakers. As soon as it goes digital anywhere in that link, it defeats the whole point of vinyl.
OP posted info about a turntable on sale which is kind of the point of posting things on RFD. Analog or digital, audiophile or not - if there is another near 100$ turntable elswhere with decent sound and decent quality I'd like hear about that too.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5559 posts
2501 upvotes
Ancaster
najibs wrote: I would say unless you're going to start with at least a Rega P1 or a Pro-ject, to avoid these cheap turntables, otherwise you don't be hearing the whole point of analog.
We should start an intro to vinyl thread in one of the sub-forums. My recommendation would be a Pro-Ject Debut. Speakers are all over the place, so I will defer to the experts on this one.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2440 posts
2086 upvotes
GVRD
It happens with so many deal threads. Someone takes the time to post a deal and then many commenters jump in with endless comments to justify their "better" past purchase at 2-20X the deal price.

a) There are always "better" products for those willing to pay significantly more
b) There may be "better" deals for those willing to wait to see what comes up in the future (between 2 days and 20 years)

Following that would eliminate at least 50% of (useless) comments, only designed to make posters feel better about their more expensive past purchase on a "better" product.
eriknjorl wrote: OP posted info about a turntable on sale which is kind of the point of posting things on RFD. Analog or digital, audiophile or not - if there is another near 100$ turntable elswhere with decent sound and decent quality I'd like hear about that too.
Oct 10, 2019
307 posts
289 upvotes
Got this turntable delivered today via FedEx, that was fast. I will set up on the weekend to see if it is all working OK.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4068 posts
1402 upvotes
Edmonton
fatpandasneezes wrote: Yeah but my issue is I don't know which are good, and I've tried researching them but it just seems super complicated
Any early 80s Technics direct drive will suite you just fine. Around $100 or so would be appropriate for used one. Cartridges/stylus make up alot of the sound though, and vary widely in prices. Audio techinca, Shure, etc.

There's nothing wrong with this AT turntable, but I prefer something with a standard headshell where I can experiment with different cartridges easily.
Dec 29, 2018
33 posts
22 upvotes
This may be a dumb question, but would this refurbished item come with standard warranty?