• Jul 16th, 2015 2:24 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 17, 2008
663 posts
164 upvotes

Best Buy refusing to price match the Google Store

They keep refusing to PM the $199.99 Moto 360 sold on the Google Store. It's $279.99 @ BB

Has their policy changed because I know a lot of people did it last month when the Moto 360 was down to $179.99 on the Google Store... As a result, BB had even lowered their price down to $179.99 to match the Google Store...

Over the last few days, I tried twice with their form/email PM system and twice by calling and still didn't succeed...

Code: Select all

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Dear [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]XXXXXXXX[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial], [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Lowest Price Guarantee for the [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch (00526NACRTL) - Black [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]advertised on [/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial][url=http://store.google.com/]Store.google.com[/url]. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Our Lowest Price Guarantee indicates that: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]"The product must be sold AND shipped by a retailer or authorised dealer located within Canada. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Check the dealer’s shipping policy on the competitor’s site to confirm". [/FONT][/COLOR]

[url=http://store.google.com/]Store.google.com[/url][COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]. is a marketplace,  we do not beat sites like EBAY, Kijiji and Amazon Marketplace and other marketplaces because an online marketplace (or online e-commerce marketplace) is a type of [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]e-commerce site where product or service information is provided by multiple third parties, whereas transactions are processed by the marketplace operator. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]In an online marketplace, consumer transactions are processed by the marketplace operator and then [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]delivered and fulfilled by the participating retailers or wholesalers (often called drop shipping). [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]In general, because marketplaces aggregate products from a wide array of providers, selection is usually [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]more wide, availability is higher, and prices are more competitive than in vendor-specific online retail stores, therefore we are not able to approve this request. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Please visit our Customer Support pages on Bestbuy.ca for further information on our Lowest Price Guarantee. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Thank you for choosing Bestbuy.ca. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#222222][FONT=arial]Sincerely, 
[/FONT][/COLOR]XXXXXXXX
I keep telling them the Google Store is in no way like "EBAY, Kijiji and Amazon Marketplace" but don't want to bulge?

Never had to argue like that...
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1844 posts
488 upvotes
TORONTO
PM in stores, you'll have better luck. Their online solution is garbage when it comes to price matching.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1228 upvotes
Buy it from the google store.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18080 posts
10888 upvotes
Ottawa
Best Buy CS reps are basically clueless most of the time when it comes to price matching. Their policies are arbitrary and they will try to weasel out of many legit PM's.
Jul 12, 2015
429 posts
556 upvotes
Kind of off topic, but it's still price matching at BB. Can an item that was bought at BB online be price matched at the store if you bring in the receipt and the item? I found a cheaper price online from a Canadian competitor, but I just received the BB item.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3938 posts
2660 upvotes
London
AlexiRos wrote: Kind of off topic, but it's still price matching at BB. Can an item that was bought at BB online be price matched at the store if you bring in the receipt and the item? I found a cheaper price online from a Canadian competitor, but I just received the BB item.
yes