Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Renpho exercise bike 499

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2021 9:02 pm
Thread Summary
Looking to upgrade your home gym? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best spin bikes!
15 replies
Mar 18, 2008
420 posts
152 upvotes
This has been regular price in the past
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
Does come with tablet display?
Sep 15, 2017
114 posts
123 upvotes
Nelson, B.C.
How is this quality wise VS the Echelon EX-15 (Connect Sport)?
Dec 17, 2018
488 posts
1647 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ysl5710 wrote: Does come with tablet display?
Just a tablet holder I beleive
Dec 24, 2012
10 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
ysl5710 wrote: Does come with tablet display?
It only comes with a tablet/phone holder.

It has been $499 before but I think that is the lowest it has been. I've had it since September and have put about 700 kms on it. So far so good. Connects well with zwift, and the repho free programs aren't too bad.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2021
1021 posts
2133 upvotes
I see many people opting for the Walmart Echelon connect sport ($599 bike) and I wonder how much better that one is. It is missing a feature I want though which is auto-resistance, which this one includes and you need to buy a EX-3 from Amazon ($999) or Costco ($1099) for that feature. Is the EX-3 really worth $500-600 more compared to this when this is also compatible with peloton / zwift apps etc and offers full resistance control?
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
How is resistance on this? Controlleed manually or automatically? Can it adjusted from your hands while riding bike?

Seems like good buy
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2201 posts
1490 upvotes
Is something like this good enough to achieve HIIT, specifically bringing your heart rate to 90% of Max, or is there not enough resistance?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Nov 13, 2004
176 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ysl5710 wrote: How is resistance on this? Controlleed manually or automatically? Can it adjusted from your hands while riding bike?

Seems like good buy
The resistance is pretty good. My FTP is 215 and I find the resistance a good challenge. It can be controlled manually via a dial or automatically if you're using the right program (the free Renpho app or the various virtual biking programs like Zwift and Rouvy). It does not autoadjust in Peloton.

When riding, whether auto (ERG mode) or not, you can use your hands during the ride to turn the dial up or down to adjust tension.

I find the resistance is great up to about 300 watts. After that, it's a bit less smooth, but the resistance is there. I've output more than 600W on this thing.

At $500, it's a great alternative to a smart, wheel-on trainer.

This is not the same as a Schwinn bike. This has a freewheel like a normal bicycle ...so that means you can coast. Whereas, the Schwinn bikes (and the Peloton and Echelon bikes) are spin bikes that have a fixed wheel. That means you cannot coast. The crank keeps spinning even if you want to stop pedalling and coast.

This is not a spin bike. If you want a spin bike, get something else. This is more like a Wahoo Kickr bike or a TacX /Garmin Neo bike. But it has less top end resistance than those smart bikes. It's also $1800 cheaper.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2002
3075 posts
2102 upvotes
Midland
Does this model use a bike chain with brake pads or does it magnetic brakes like most modern spinning bikes. I wonder if the pletons ($$$$$) use magnets Thinking Face
Nov 13, 2004
176 posts
146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
joe2k1 wrote: Does this model use a bike chain with brake pads or does it magnetic brakes like most modern spinning bikes. I wonder if the pletons ($$$$$) use magnets Thinking Face
Magnetic. But there are no brakes. It uses magnetic resistance. And no bike chain or gears.
Aug 14, 2014
950 posts
948 upvotes
Is this better then the Echelon Connect at walmart for $599 for basic workouts?
Last edited by Esg876 on Dec 27th, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2006
1127 posts
218 upvotes
I have this, paid all in for $599 (no tax charged) from Amazon in May with shipping. Everyone loves it, no fly wheel and their free app works too. This price at BB seems the lowest ...
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2021
1021 posts
2133 upvotes
Esg876 wrote: Is this better then the EX3 at walmart for $599 for basic workouts?
The Walmart one is not EX3